Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Virtual Job Fair

hercengmech
11-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Hey a good friend of mine just got an email that AA is inviting him to a virtual job fair in nov. This seems to be relatively new. This is his first interest from a major airline and he has only military experience to this point. Any thoughts on advice I can give him? I told him the basics about suit and tie etc.

TankerDriver
11-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Seems like good news for him. I recommend he come up with some good questions to ask. He was invited for a reason.

TwinTandem
11-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Would you give some background info on your friend for reference? Also post after the fact of the outcome? Did he do anything besides publishing his app? Hope the best for him!

hercengmech
11-13-2018, 03:30 AM
All military time as far as I know. Maybe some civilian time from way back when as the guard unitís like to see that when guys apply for pilot training slots. 2500 hours total and 1000 tpic. Instructor pilot rated but when I saw his resume, he didnít have a ton of IP time yet.
He said he has 3 internal recs including mine and is working on a couple more. Hopefully, this gets the ball rolling for him. Itís a great deal since AA doesnít seem to do the traditional job fairs anymore.

450knotOffice
11-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Iíve heard it is for Veterans only.

isuguy
11-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Did your friend sign up for this virtual job fair somewhere, or just an invite out of the blue?

How long has your friend's app been published?

hercengmech
11-14-2018, 08:55 PM
I think it was an invite out of the blue. I think heís been published for at least 6 months.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1