Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Class date

starkutt1
11-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Got an email today that the February class got pushed back to April and offered a $2000 bonus

MrFriendly7
11-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Got an email today that the February class got pushed back to April and offered a $2000 bonus
Sorry to hear that.
Is that on top of the $17,500?

starkutt1
11-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Yea itís on top the 17500

TheWeatherman
11-15-2018, 05:51 PM
That sucks because unlike what is happening to classes now, you won't get paid and won't gain seniority while you wait for class.

flydiamond
11-15-2018, 06:18 PM
That sucks because unlike what is happening to classes now, you won't get paid and won't gain seniority while you wait for class.

Youíre not losing seniority in this case because all the classes after yours are also getting delayed. Youíre only losing longevity.

TheWeatherman
11-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Youíre not losing seniority in this case because all the classes after yours are also getting delayed. Youíre only losing longevity.
ahh yes, touche'

starkutt1
11-15-2018, 06:29 PM

Iím kinda curious if the January class got pushed back

Viking6
11-15-2018, 07:15 PM

If Republic is your first choice, then take the money and wait it out. It doesnít impact your seniority, but it does impact longevity. Obviously the 2.5 years until upgrade doesnít start until you start class and get a seniority number.

FlyingDawgg
11-16-2018, 07:02 AM
I got a class date in June and was told the classes are filling up quickly. Get on the list now!

jslehman1
11-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Iím kinda curious if the January class got pushed back
I was told February class dates were the cut off for being pushed back. I was 2/19, but now my class date is 4/30.

DanielRoe
11-16-2018, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Itís unfortunate, but definitely take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanielRoe
11-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Truth

Shosty5
11-17-2018, 03:24 AM
I was told February class dates were the cut off for being pushed back. I was 2/19, but now my class date is 4/30.

My recruiter informed me that the March classes were canceled. I am in the May 14 class ó excited to join the team!

Stopher1124
11-17-2018, 05:20 AM
I was told yesterday that my class date is now may 29th with a atp-ctp date of may 21. wasn't informed of a 2k bonus though. that would have been nice.

jettdaddy72
11-17-2018, 03:44 PM

My class date is 2/19 as well...but wasn't sent an email about a new class date towards the end of April. Did the entire class get bumped to April?

jettdaddy72
11-17-2018, 03:46 PM

I have a class date of 02/19 as well but was not sent an email about a class date change. I wonder if the entire class got bumped or maybe a select few because the class was too big.:eek:

starkutt1
11-17-2018, 04:14 PM

So if I had a January class I wouldíve been able to keep the class date ?

starkutt1
11-17-2018, 04:19 PM
I was told yesterday that my class date is now may 29th with a atp-ctp date of may 21. wasn't informed of a 2k bonus though. that would have been nice.

The 2k bonus was for people I think who had a fixed class date

jettdaddy72
11-18-2018, 03:55 AM
I have a class date of 02/19. I was not informed of a new class date. I wonder if they only bumped a few from the 02/19 class because it was too large?

starkutt1
11-18-2018, 05:16 AM
I have a class date of 02/19. I was not informed of a new class date. I wonder if they only bumped a few from the 02/19 class because it was too large?

I wonder why they pushed back the 2/5 class But left the later class.

dodsqubam
11-19-2018, 05:29 AM
I’m also in May 14th class. See you there!

jettdaddy72
11-19-2018, 11:17 AM
I just spoke with recruiting and all February & March classes are cancelled and bumped to the right. I was originally in the 02/19 class and now am scheduled for 04/30. Hope this helps.

Viking6
11-19-2018, 12:59 PM
I just spoke with recruiting and all February & March classes are cancelled and bumped to the right. I was originally in the 02/19 class and now am scheduled for 04/30. Hope this helps.

No classes for two months will probably right size our over staffing. Iím sure some will not wait 6-7 months to get on a seniority list. Interesting info regardless.

jettdaddy72
11-19-2018, 01:16 PM
The reason given was captain upgrades during those months.

MrFriendly7
11-19-2018, 03:13 PM
The simulators are just backed up and booked with all the regionals. Endeavor and Republic both have back ups, because everyone wants to be there. Top 2. Good thing about Republic is that reserve is minimal to non existent at some bases.

direct2entent
11-19-2018, 03:24 PM
The simulators are just backed up and booked with all the regionals. Endeavor and Republic both have back ups, because everyone wants to be there. Top 2. Good thing about Republic is that reserve is minimal to non existent at some bases.

New hire here in the middle of my 2 month break. Where do I look to see how long reserve is at our bases? Still trying to interpret Flica too on my own without any guidance.

Tigflt17
11-19-2018, 07:05 PM
New hire here in the middle of my 2 month break. Where do I look to see how long reserve is at our bases? Still trying to interpret Flica too on my own without any guidance.

Usually someone posts it on here each month after schedules are made. Or you could go under PrefBid, hit first officer schedule, says December Initial. Then go to each base and see who the last person that has a line is. TIP: has to be computer. Canít do it on the iPad as you will only see CMH.

TheNotoriousPIC
11-19-2018, 07:18 PM

Good luck man. The Flica orientation is like 2 hours long at indoc, and even then we had some questions. On top of that, reserve times change often. Just sit tight and study the SOPs and FOM, study your flows and relax.

FlyGood
11-19-2018, 10:51 PM
Usually someone posts it on here each month after schedules are made. Or you could go under PrefBid, hit first officer schedule, says December Initial. Then go to each base and see who the last person that has a line is. TIP: has to be computer. Canít do it on the iPad as you will only see CMH.

You can also email the pdf to yourself if youíre on an iPad. Then you can see the whole thing.

Dontfly
11-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Reserve is not non existent. Had an FO tell me the other day that reserve times are backed up past 7 months in the most junior bases. Like Endeavor without the pay.

Longhornmaniac8
11-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Reserve is not non existent. Had an FO tell me the other day that reserve times are backed up past 7 months in the most junior bases. Like Endeavor without the pay.

That's just not true. Maybe 7 months from DOH, which, for someone with the delay, means a month or two of reserve.

Gravity88x
11-20-2018, 07:14 PM

Nobody from 7/10 class is holding a line yet even at junior bases. Looks like minimum 2-3 months Reserve LGA, CMH, and IND right now

twebb
11-21-2018, 06:36 AM
I'm a 5/15 hire. IOE completed in August. PHL base. Bidding senior reserve. I've been able to hold Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Probably a couple more months before I'll hold a line. So 7-8 months.

I prefer reserve right now, I live near the airport, and I don't need to build any more time. So every day I don't fly, I'm happy. I'm flying around 20 hours a month.

If I stayed in LGA, I would have had a line @ 5 months. EWR would have been about the same.

These times are going to keep increasing because of how many pilots they have hired and no new growth yet.

starkutt1
11-24-2018, 09:22 AM
I'm a 5/15 hire. IOE completed in August. PHL base. Bidding senior reserve. I've been able to hold Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Probably a couple more months before I'll hold a line. So 7-8 months.

I prefer reserve right now, I live near the airport, and I don't need to build any more time. So every day I don't fly, I'm happy. I'm flying around 20 hours a month.

If I stayed in LGA, I would have had a line @ 5 months. EWR would have been about the same.

These times are going to keep increasing because of how many pilots they have hired and no new growth yet.

I was thinking about bidding for phl or Pit glad you mentioned how long itíll take you to hold PHL

pilotnicco
11-24-2018, 03:25 PM

LOL! Yeah that's definitely not true at all.. Most are holding a line after a month or two of reserve or less. A buddy of mine hired a few months back got a line after literally 2 weeks of reserve lol. (The next bid cycle).

Gravity88x
11-24-2018, 04:01 PM
LOL! Yeah that's definitely not true at all.. Most are holding a line after a month or two of reserve or less. A buddy of mine hired a few months back got a line after literally 2 weeks of reserve lol. (The next bid cycle).

I must be bad luck billy or something then because I picked CMH thinking there wouldnít be any reserve and December will be my 3rd month of it...and my bid sheets were set up to be the most likely to get a line even if itís a crap one

Longhornmaniac8
11-24-2018, 04:12 PM
I must be bad luck billy or something then because I picked CMH thinking there wouldnít be any reserve and December will be my 3rd month of it...and my bid sheets were set up to be the most likely to get a line even if itís a crap one

You probably got screwed a bit with timing, too...schedules are paired back a bit in the winter.

DanielRoe
11-24-2018, 04:14 PM
IND only took me 3 months to hold a line. You can get an idea of when youíll get one by looking at the most junior line-holder on Flica each previous month to see a rough estimate on how many folks are getting lines ahead of you.

Web265
11-25-2018, 03:51 AM
LOL! Yeah that's definitely not true at all..

I hit the line in August as well (EWR) and I'm still on reserve, getting close though....I'm guessing @ Feb or March...

Lazy Sunday....I looked up some of our classmates from 5/15, the only folks I saw with lines are IND, CMH and most of LGA. There are still a couple from that class in LGA that are on reserve.

RedOverWhite29
11-25-2018, 12:19 PM
I have an interview coming up in December. 91/135 guy. I know these class pushback dates are great PTO. Iím definitely not the type of guy looking for the quickest time out of IOE, however, it makes me a little uneasy being 6 months out from training. So many things happen weekly in the regional world. It might be hard to sign a contract to wait and then things could shift so quickly. But, it is the way of the airlines. Just my .02 that mean nothing.

Captain Slow
11-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Reserve times will continue to slowly increase as we grow the seniority list without growing the fleet.

Fleet growth will drop the reserve times again, whenever or however it happens. They arenít just stockpiling pilots for fun.

DanielRoe
11-25-2018, 05:43 PM
I hit the line in August as well (EWR) and I'm still on reserve, getting close though....I'm guessing @ Feb or March...

Lazy Sunday....I looked up some of our classmates from 5/15, the only folks I saw with lines are IND, CMH and most of LGA. There are still a couple from that class in LGA that are on reserve.

Same with a couple 3/20/18 classmates @ LGA...not sure if they figured out how to Flica haha

814Pilot
11-26-2018, 09:27 PM
Iím CMH based. Iíve done one trip off of IOE so far and I got reserve for December. Iím about 10 spots away from a line. However, with the staffing the way it is I was able to drop my entire reserve schedule for December and pick up trip trades and open time. I went from reserve to having a 100 hour credit ďlineĒ. So while the current staffing situating is raising reserve times a little.. you can also use it to your advantage if you know how to work Flica.

pilotdream90
11-27-2018, 04:28 AM
Iím CMH based. Iíve done one trip off of IOE so far and I got reserve for December. Iím about 10 spots away from a line. However, with the staffing the way it is I was able to drop my entire reserve schedule for December and pick up trip trades and open time. I went from reserve to having a 100 hour credit ďlineĒ. So while the current staffing situating is raising reserve times a little.. you can also use it to your advantage if you know how to work Flica.

Who taught you how to use flica? Iím an August hire currently in the delay for training until January. Will we get crew Scheduling Training on how to use fluca? Or is it more of a learn as you go type thing?

twebb
11-27-2018, 05:02 AM
Learn as you go. There are some training modules, but they aren't the best. Your best bet is to ask a senior FO or newly upgraded captain. The guys that have been here a long time don't really mess with it much.

pilotdream90
11-27-2018, 05:59 AM
Learn as you go. There are some training modules, but they aren't the best. Your best bet is to ask a senior FO or newly upgraded captain. The guys that have been here a long time don't really mess with it much.

Got it, thank you so much.

814Pilot
11-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Who taught you how to use flica? Iím an August hire currently in the delay for training until January. Will we get crew Scheduling Training on how to use fluca? Or is it more of a learn as you go type thing?

I learned by playing around with it honestly. Itís not too hard once you use it a few times

Longhornmaniac8
11-28-2018, 08:14 AM

I thought the August classes returned this month. They were telling us (10/30 class) that we'd return in January (but not given a firm date yet), which is right along with the advertised 2.5 months.

Have the August classes not gone back for Indoc yet?

mfflyer
11-28-2018, 08:58 AM
I thought the August classes returned this month. They were telling us (10/30 class) that we'd return in January (but not given a firm date yet), which is right along with the advertised 2.5 months.

I was in the 8/21 class and just finished my checkride two days ago.

Longhornmaniac8
11-28-2018, 09:03 AM
I was in the 8/21 class and just finished my checkride two days ago.

First off, congratulations! That's exciting.

Secondly, that is what I thought...there were people when I went for onboarding who were in August classes who were back for Systems, I believe.

What does the IOE footprint look like? Is there a delay between now and then?

pilotdream90
11-28-2018, 04:55 PM

I was hired in August & took a class date in October so i wont be back until january second.

peengleeson
11-28-2018, 10:20 PM
I was hired in August & took a class date in October so i wont be back until january second.

Did you interview in August, or did you go to class in August?

pilotdream90
11-29-2018, 04:19 AM
Did you interview in August, or did you go to class in August?

Interviewed in august and hired on the spot, choose a class date for october and got pushed back to January.

Web265
11-29-2018, 04:47 AM
Interviewed in august and hired on the spot, choose a class date for october and got pushed back to January.

Therein lies the confusion. I would think what actually happened is you were given a conditional job offer in August and you're starting indoc in January.

When you start indoc, that is your hire date, when you get your seniority number and start collecting your pay. Or has something changed drastically?

pilotdream90
11-29-2018, 04:51 AM
Therein lies the confusion. I would think what actually happened is you were given a conditional job offer in August and you're starting indoc in January.

When you start indoc, that is your hire date, when you get your seniority number and start collecting your pay. Or has something changed drastically?

Indoc started in October so seniority & pay started in October, because of the delay class will resume in January.

Web265
11-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Indoc started in October so seniority & pay started in October, because of the delay class will resume in January.

Gotcha, so your date of hire is actually October.

terminalgoods
11-29-2018, 06:09 AM
I interviewed at both Endeavor and Republic. I was offered a class date with Endeavor for late January and one in mid May for Republic. My takeaway, based on the interviews, is that both companies are very respectable and comparable. I would prefer to go to Republic due to the base locations and reserve situation at Endeavor (NYC 8-9mo). Although I do still have my current flying job, May is still a long time to wait.

I've contacted Republic to let them know that I'm open to filling any cancellation spots in January, but I'm sure a lot of guys have done the same thing. I understand that I'm not really missing out on seniority at Republic considering there won't be any new hire classes going through between Feb-May, but on the flip side I'd be missing out on 5 months of experience with Endeavor. One way or another I'll need to make a decision soon.

Let me know if any of you are in the same situation and what your thoughts are on the delay. As we all know a lot can change in the course of 5 months. I wouldn't want to be left without a chair when the music stops.

P.S. - Can somebody post which Republic bases are out station?

Thanks

Jungle Jim
11-29-2018, 06:18 AM
P.S. - Can somebody post which Republic bases are out station?

IND, CMH, MCI, PIT. Outstation is any city that isn't a hub for the codeshares.

Regarding 9E vs YX, if flying is important to you, even though you might start training much sooner at 9E, you're likely to fly more at YX even with class date going into May. You're going to be on hot reserve for a long time at 9E.

Chancellor
11-29-2018, 07:50 AM
Reading through some stuff on here, just to clarify;
Classes werenít Ďcancelledí per se,
Just moved back. January class is still on, FEB/MAR only upgrades to boost up CA numbers and allow training backlog to shrink. This boost in upgrades will also decrease upgrade times even farthur. Then classes resume in April/May.
Interviews may slow down a bit but we will still be doing them. My advice is if you are serious about coming to RAH, interview sooner rather than wait. Even if you still need some hours.

Ratm0820
11-29-2018, 08:01 AM
Last I read on here was that class dates arenít available until August now. The difference for me between August and April is quite substantial. Can anyone confirm?

metalfeather
11-29-2018, 08:25 AM
Last I read on here was that class dates arenít available until August now. The difference for me between August and April is quite substantial. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm people interviewed at the beginning of November and given CJOs are slated for indoc in April.

I doubt that in the month since then they have filled classes for May, June, July and now August.

Whoever is reporting August dates, please present some first-hand experience.

Captain Slow
11-29-2018, 12:31 PM
I can confirm people interviewed at the beginning of November and given CJOs are slated for indoc in April.

I doubt that in the month since then they have filled classes for May, June, July and now August.

Whoever is reporting August dates, please present some first-hand experience.

Given the need to fill sim slots with upgrades as well, it wouldnít surprise me at all if they have staggered the new hire classes further apart next summer with less frequency, resulting in less available classes.

TheWeatherman
11-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Gotcha, so your date of hire is actually October.
Yes, hence why it is called a conditional job offer. There is still PIRA, records check, etc. that they have to do after you get the CJO. If they find something negative, or something you left off your application that was asked, they may pull that CJO. Both you and the company can pull out of the CJO without any consequences. You're hire date is the first day of INDOC. Even if you do ATP/CTP the week before INDOC, you are not considered an employee of the company yet.

Web265
11-30-2018, 05:30 AM

TheWeatherman my last was in response to these, nothing you wrote. sorry if I wasn't clear there...

KSUto64
12-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Is Republic still only conducting interviews within 6 months of availability? Since they seem to be pushing class dates out quite a bit Iím wondering if they will alter their interview timeline policy. Iím currently 9 mos from being able to start.

Gravity88x
12-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Is Republic still only conducting interviews within 6 months of availability? Since they seem to be pushing class dates out quite a bit Iím wondering if they will alter their interview timeline policy. Iím currently 9 mos from being able to start.

Now so more than ever you need to be in the 6 month window. Imagine if they gave you a class date and you failed to reach your hours for mins. They could have given your spot to someone who was closer or ready and they have since gone to a competitor regional since you were holding a class spot.

peengleeson
12-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Has anyone heard anything about coming back for indoc after the delay (particularly in the October 15th or 30th indocs)

direct2entent
12-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Has anyone heard anything about coming back for indoc after the delay (particularly in the October 15th or 30th indocs)

10/15 class returns on 1/2

metalfeather
12-03-2018, 04:22 PM

10/30 class flies back to IND on January 22, resumes indoc on January 23.

peengleeson
12-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Thanks boiz

Arliss
12-05-2018, 07:37 AM
I was talking the other day to a Republic captain whoís on the recruiting team. He said Republic is building a new sim center in IND and seemed to suggest that once they have more simulator capacity, things will move faster again. Is that accurate?

MrFriendly7
12-05-2018, 08:12 AM
I was talking the other day to a Republic captain whoís on the recruiting team. He said Republic is building a new sim center in IND and seemed to suggest that once they have more simulator capacity, things will move faster again. Is that accurate?

Yes I have heard same in cooperation with flightsafety. 6 months to 1 year out atleast.

MrFriendly7
12-05-2018, 08:14 AM
10/30 class flies back to IND on January 22, resumes indoc on January 23.

11/27 class told late Feb. That paid long holiday break! Doesnít get better . 🤑

Bfcwarrior
12-06-2018, 03:11 PM
I just interviewed on 11/26 and was given a July 15th 2019 class date just to give people an idea of how far out they are filling classes. 8 interviewed and 5 were hired. 1 got may the rest of us July.

BravoBravo
12-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Begging of December interview candidates are scheduled for October! We were told October is filling up quick.

NFGCDCTL
12-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Begging of December interview candidates are scheduled for October! We were told October is filling up quick.

Out of curiosity, how much time do people interviewing have now?

4V14T0R
12-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Most are real close to the mins, but I believe you have to be within 6 months of having them.

Ratm0820
12-08-2018, 11:52 AM
If youíre close or already at the mins you would be insane to wait until October. You could go to another regional and upgrade before finishing training at republic.

pilot2804
12-08-2018, 12:04 PM
If youíre close or already at the mins you would be insane to wait until October. You could go to another regional and upgrade before finishing training at republic.

Good luck with that one. Or youíll be sitting on reserve or furloughed

Ratm0820
12-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Yeah at Skywest with almost no reserve on the crj, and never furloughed a pilot. Good call

pilot2804
12-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Were obviously going to republic for the shiny jet. Who wants to fly CRJs when you have EMBaes

Ratm0820
12-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Lolol true

starkutt1
12-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Were obviously going to republic for the shiny jet. Who wants to fly CRJs when you have EMBaes

lol good point

SunnyFL
12-08-2018, 08:04 PM

I interviewed this past week at 1100. Need the full 1500. They say within 6 months.

jrav8r
12-09-2018, 09:22 AM
So if youíre with 1500 in 6 months, you can interview?

Mantis Toboggan
12-09-2018, 12:49 PM
I interviewed with around 1300, just have to keep them updated on your progress

SunnyFL
12-09-2018, 01:56 PM
So if youíre with 1500 in 6 months, you can interview?

If you are within 6 months of reaching your minimums correct you can schedule an interview.

BravoBravo
12-10-2018, 03:42 AM

Almost everybody was 1300+ We made a huge mistake and waited this long. Interview ASAP and claim the class date.

dino87
12-13-2018, 04:01 AM
Was at a recruiting event yesterday. We were told that the first two months of the year they would be doing only upgrade training and new hires would start after that. They are now making conditional offers for 12 months due to the delay in training and those given offers this month can expect a class date the 4th quarter of 2019. Due to this, they are encouraging anyone who will have the required hours within the next 12 months to apply now.

MrFriendly7
12-13-2018, 07:52 AM
Was at a recruiting event yesterday. We were told that the first two months of the year they would be doing only upgrade training and new hires would start after that. They are now making conditional offers for 12 months due to the delay in training and those given offers this month can expect a class date the 4th quarter of 2019. Due to this, they are encouraging anyone who will have the required hours within the next 12 months to apply now.

There hungry for good pilots

sigler
12-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Iíve tried contacting them via the email listed on their website, but havenít gotten a reply. Does anyone know any other email addresses I could try? Thanks in advance.

Claxstarr
12-13-2018, 08:25 AM
I just interviewed on 11/26 and was given a July 15th 2019 class date just to give people an idea of how far out they are filling classes. 8 interviewed and 5 were hired. 1 got may the rest of us July.

good lord man... I interviewed two weeks ago and got a class date of Feb 1st... I will have been flying for almost 4 months by the time you get to class!
OO has essentially no wait time..
Yikes.

pilot2804
12-13-2018, 10:59 AM
good lord man... I interviewed two weeks ago and got a class date of Feb 1st... I will have been flying for almost 4 months by the time you get to class!
Yikes.
Man OO recruiters really tryna steal our pilots. My buddy just did CRJ and is on the line and has been flying only -200s and sitting airport reserve

ERBae > CRJ
QOL > No QOL
Union > No Union
Contract negotiations Oct 19 > Contract negotiations in 4 years

Just let us like our choices mane

UnderCenter
12-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Man OO recruiters really tryna steal our pilots. My buddy just did CRJ and is on the line and has been flying only -200s and sitting airport reserve

ERBae > CRJ
QOL > No QOL
Union > No Union
Contract negotiations Oct 19 > Contract negotiations in 4 years

Just let us like our choices mane

The OO Jr base is DFW which only has CRJ 700s and currently no reserves for January. I donít care which airline anyone goes to, but damn some of yíall are dramatic.

Gravity88x
12-13-2018, 02:48 PM
The OO Jr base is DFW which only has CRJ 700s and currently no reserves for January. I donít care which airline anyone goes to, but damn some of yíall are dramatic.

Nobody is dramatic. We just donít like that thereís a huge pilot group not represented by a union.

It hurts the rest of us. Managements would love a future with no unionized pilots.

Claxstarr
12-13-2018, 03:52 PM
Nobody is dramatic. We just donít like that thereís a huge pilot group not represented by a union.

It hurts the rest of us. Managements would love a future with no unionized pilots.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one company not having a union hurt the 99% of the rest of the pilot groups in the biz?

Seems like everyone that didn't go with OO has a complex about the entire company for some reason.. it's kind of amusing.
inb4 'thems fightin words!'

Claxstarr
12-13-2018, 03:54 PM

All has to do with where you choose to be based.

Cobra Commander
12-13-2018, 04:50 PM

Dude, will you please chill with your ďI love unionsĒ stuff? Its great that you do but no one cares. And them not being unionized affects us 0%. Lets just worry about us.

4V14T0R
12-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Dude, will you please chill with your ďI love unionsĒ stuff? Its great that you do but no one cares. And them not being unionized affects us 0%. Lets just worry about us.

You should really try and stay away from absolutes unless it is truly called for. There is this thing called pattern bargaining and with their shady compensation scheme it will make it quite difficult for us going forward. Of course, unless we have a data point or two above us to help.

Flyingbear
12-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,
First time threader here. So I was interviewed this week and told if hired, start date could be anywhere from March to November of 2019. Interview went very well with very nice and professional staff. Thought for sure I'd have the offer. Received the generic email stating they are moving forward with other candidates. Total flip of the coin! Walked out beeing told I'll be getting a call and then I get the thank you, but no thanks email. Totally confused and no answers as they are very busy. Any one else run into this? I'm starting to wonder if this only happened to me or several others the last week or two? Any input much appreciated.

starkutt1
12-13-2018, 06:17 PM
Yikes.
No feb 1st class

pilot2804
12-14-2018, 06:17 AM
ďLEt uS WOrRy aBoUt uSĒ

*trolls republic forums to get pilots cuz our Ďwaití is too long*

Claxstarr
12-14-2018, 06:27 AM
No feb 1st class

feb1st ctp with crj class the next week at OO.

SunnyFL
12-14-2018, 06:47 AM
I interviewed at RPA last week. Got the phone call yesterday that I was offered the position and that the soonest class date is October.

Just wanted to confirm for prospective applicants looking that it is indeed backing up for upgrades.

UnderCenter
12-14-2018, 07:30 AM

So you respond to me by being dramatic, so screw it Iíll be a little dramatic as well.

So just to make sure we are on the same page, instead of going to OO to live in base in DFW, I should go to Envoy or Mesa (ALPA)? Looks like their union has done great things for them. Remind me again what their pay scales and work rules look like?

Or maybe I should commute to GoJet, CommuteAir, TSA, PSA, Piedmont...etc. Those companies Unions have totally done great things for their contracts. Or maybe I should commute or move to fly for republic or endeavor, Iím sure that will be great for my QOL given their contract. Living in NY or some crap outstation would be fantastic.

But hey, its OO not having a union that is dragging everyone down.

Look, do I support OO becoming unionized, yes I do, but to dump on OO as ďbringing everyone downĒ while they just put through a contract that is better than a majority of regionals while overlooking multiple unionized regionals with crappy contracts is ridiculous. Why donít you get on your fellow unionized carriers for not bringing up the bar? It honestly is more detrimental to your cause than OO not having one.

ICUROOK
12-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but how does one company not having a union hurt the 99% of the rest of the pilot groups in the biz?

Seems like everyone that didn't go with OO has a complex about the entire company for some reason.. it's kind of amusing.
inb4 'thems fightin words!'

Don't worry "insert 4 letter word here that rhymes with cab," you and the rest of the Skywest kool aid drinkers have the rest of us who support and pay union dues to thanks for your nice little raise you just got. Without other unions pushing the pay envelope, you would still be under that 1% raise per year contract you idiots voted in back in 2017, undercutting the rest of the industry.

rev4life03
12-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Applied about a week ago with a referral and received an email back for a phone screening in February and that due to the number of first officers hired in 2018 and part of 2019, the next open class dates as of now wont be until Q4.

starkutt1
12-14-2018, 03:11 PM
feb1st ctp with crj class the next week at OO.

Gotcha buddy sorry about the mix up

starkutt1
12-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Applied about a week ago with a referral and received an email back for a phone screening in February and that due to the number of first officers hired in 2018 and part of 2019, the next open class dates as of now wont be until Q4.

Thatís a ways out if you already have the time Iíd go somewhere else

Claxstarr
12-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Don't worry "insert 4 letter word here that rhymes with cab," you and the rest of the Skywest kool aid drinkers have the rest of us who support and pay union dues to thanks for your nice little raise you just got. Without other unions pushing the pay envelope, you would still be under that 1% raise per year contract you idiots voted in back in 2017, undercutting the rest of the industry.

That's cute, remind me again which picket line I'm crossing?
I'm not against unions, nor am I against OO getting a union, but you just made my point.

I don't know if you've ever been through a strike or walked a picket, but I have. I'm wondering if you even know what that word means.

Gravity88x
12-14-2018, 06:54 PM

I donít identify as a dude. I identify my gender as ďlabor unionĒ. Please respect that

4V14T0R
12-14-2018, 07:14 PM
I donít identify as a dude. I identify my gender as ďlabor unionĒ. Please respect that

LOL

05Duramax
12-14-2018, 09:48 PM
So you respond to me by being dramatic, so screw it Iíll be a little dramatic as well.

So just to make sure we are on the same page, instead of going to OO to live in base in DFW, I should go to Envoy or Mesa (ALPA)? Looks like their union has done great things for them. Remind me again what their pay scales and work rules look like?

Or maybe I should commute to GoJet, CommuteAir, TSA, PSA, Piedmont...etc. Those companies Unions have totally done great things for their contracts. Or maybe I should commute or move to fly for republic or endeavor, Iím sure that will be great for my QOL given their contract. Living in NY or some crap outstation would be fantastic.

But hey, its OO not having a union that is dragging everyone down.

Look, do I support OO becoming unionized, yes I do, but to dump on OO as ďbringing everyone downĒ while they just put through a contract that is better than a majority of regionals while overlooking multiple unionized regionals with crappy contracts is ridiculous. Why donít you get on your fellow unionized carriers for not bringing up the bar? It honestly is more detrimental to your cause than OO not having one.

As in everything in the current climate of the U.S. this is being turned into a too simplistic argument.

All regional airlines try to figure out how to have enough pilots to make the operation sustainable at the lowest possible labor cost. Yes, there are airlines with unions with horrid pay structures. There are reasons they can do that.

The AA WO carriers can pay below industry pay because the flow to AA is a benefit, it is part of compensation.

The TSA, GoJet, etc of the industry offer huge bonuses so they attract people that need money now, for student loans, house payments, whatever.

The CommutAir, XJT, etc give you a path to United.

Endeavor decided they were going to get ahead of the "shortage" and offer industry leading pay. They in turn have no shortage. A refreshing forward looking management in my opinion.

Odd men out are the likes of Republic and Skywest. The biggest regionals who can't offer a clear path to a major. Republic decided to offer an industry leading pay package and work rules. I'm guessing that had more to do with the industry than the union. They also have no shortage. Look at how far out their classes are. People are dying to come to Republic. Republic was never on my radar until I started looking at their equipment, pay, and work rules (no junior manning, ask Skywest if they will do that for you). Skywest had to come up with a better pay package to compete. Yet, you can get right in a CRJ class at Skywest.

The thing really driving pay is pilots going to Endevor and Republic, that is what is rising everyone's pay and QOL.

However, when it comes down to it, we all do a job that is one honest mistake from it being all over. All things equal I'll take a company that gives me the security of a union fighting on my behalf if I'm ever in that position. Skywest doesn't offer that. And all the BS about how Skywest is like a union, give me a break. Any company will screw you any chance they get, I'll take a real union over a faux union bought and paid for by the company.

My two cents.

starkutt1
12-31-2018, 03:11 PM
As in everything in the current climate of the U.S. this is being turned into a too simplistic argument.

All regional airlines try to figure out how to have enough pilots to make the operation sustainable at the lowest possible labor cost. Yes, there are airlines with unions with horrid pay structures. There are reasons they can do that.

The AA WO carriers can pay below industry pay because the flow to AA is a benefit, it is part of compensation.

The TSA, GoJet, etc of the industry offer huge bonuses so they attract people that need money now, for student loans, house payments, whatever.

Endeavor decided they were going to get ahead of the "shortage" and offer industry leading pay. They in turn have no shortage. A refreshing forward looking management in my opinion.

Odd men out are the likes of Republic and Skywest. The biggest regionals who can't offer a clear path to a major. Republic decided to offer an industry leading pay package and work rules. I'm guessing that had more to do with the industry than the union. They also have no shortage. Look at how far out their classes are. People are dying to come to Republic. Republic was never on my radar until I started looking at their equipment, pay, and work rules (no junior manning, ask Skywest if they will do that for you). Skywest had to come up with a better pay package to compete. Yet, you can get right in a CRJ class at Skywest.

The thing really driving pay is pilots going to Endevor and Republic, that is what is rising everyone's pay and QOL.

However, when it comes down to it, we all do a job that is one honest mistake from it being all over. All things equal I'll take a company that gives me the security of a union fighting on my behalf if I'm ever in that position. Skywest doesn't offer that. And all the BS about how Skywest is like a union, give me a break. Any company will screw you any chance they get, I'll take a real union over a faux union bought and paid for by the company.

My two cents.

I agree buddy

planesense
01-01-2019, 12:23 PM

My two cents.

I think this post is going to be difficult for anyone to refute.

RedOverWhite29
01-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Fwiw I got a call from my 12/19 interview that I will be moving on and training will be sometime in October. A firm date will be established in 3-4 weeks and they eluded it will be sooner. They would not elaborate on any specifics however.

RedOverWhite29
01-03-2019, 06:29 AM
Fwiw, I got a call back yesterday on my 12/19 interview that I will be proceeding on to indoc. HR said they would have a firm class date for me in 4 weeks, but at the moment it would be in October sometime for indoc. They hinted at this improving substantially but of course did not go into specifics. Hopes this helps for anyone.

dera
01-04-2019, 12:57 AM
Fwiw, I got a call back yesterday on my 12/19 interview that I will be proceeding on to indoc. HR said they would have a firm class date for me in 4 weeks, but at the moment it would be in October sometime for indoc. They hinted at this improving substantially but of course did not go into specifics. Hopes this helps for anyone.

This is what Endeavor was doing a year ago. They pretty much told everyone they're done with hiring for 2018, and then suddenly in June/July they started hiring again like crazy again.

People don't wait that long for a class date, they go to other regionals with no delays, and the problem tends to fix itself that way.

BravoBravo
01-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Got similar call today. My recruiter called me to let me know that all of the applicants that successfully completed interview are put on the waiting list, with preferred date next to our names. They can't confirm anything, but apparently, they are anticipating things to move along quicker than expected.

Bfcwarrior
01-05-2019, 06:52 AM
Yikes.

For me Iíd much rather wait 4 months to have trip and duty rigs, single type aircraft so I can move around bases when my seniority hits, QOL is very important especially if you get stuck somewhere for awhile......

Nh114
01-05-2019, 08:00 AM
For me Iíd much rather wait 4 months to have trip and duty rigs, single type aircraft so I can move around bases when my seniority hits, QOL is very important especially if you get stuck somewhere for awhile......

100% Agree!

starkutt1
01-06-2019, 05:45 AM

Iím trying to figure out if weíll still have the delay during class it already sucks thereís a delay before class even starts but if thereís a delay during class itíll suck ever more .

Longhornmaniac8
01-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Iím trying to figure out if weíll still have the delay during class it already sucks thereís a delay before class even starts but if thereís a delay during class itíll suck ever more .

The plan is for the break in new-hire classes from February-April to eliminate the delay after you get hired.

Of course, nothing is ever final, but that was the stated goal of doing that, along with allowing sim space for upgrades.

Additionally, I think the plan is for YX to have its own simulators by the end of the year, which will help dramatically with training, both initial and recurrent.

jalt
01-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Hi. I am a Skywest applicant, looking for some mentorship from a fellow SkyWest pilot (if newly hired even better).

With almost 1500 hours solely from the GA world, but haven't flown in 16 years! I would like to get up to speed on Skywest's flows, employment prospects, lifestyle, ect before proceeding with application submission.

Can anyone help?

John 202-730-XXXX

TheWeatherman
01-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Hi. I am a Skywest applicant, looking for some mentorship from a fellow SkyWest pilot (if newly hired even better).

With almost 1500 hours solely from the GA world, but haven't flown in 16 years! I would like to get up to speed on Skywest's flows, employment prospects, lifestyle, ect before proceeding with application submission.

Can anyone help?

John 202-730-xxxx
So John, why would you post this in a Republic forum under a thread called "class date"?

Random Task
01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
So John, why would you post this in a Republic forum under a thread called "class date"?

And why, with a DC area phone number, would you go to SkyWest?

starkutt1
01-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Can anyone help?

John 202-730-5998

Wrong thread buddy

Nemo786
01-10-2019, 05:51 AM
I heard SkyWest is also delayed. Probably got confused and posted here. :confused:

Viking6
01-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Can anyone help?

John 202-730-5998

Yeah wrong forum. Also probably not a good idea to put phone numbers on a public forum.

TangoIndiaMike1
01-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Yeah wrong forum. Also probably not a good idea to put phone numbers on a public forum.

This is a safe space. We promise not to write your phone number in the lavs. Seriously mods should delete it and edit out the quote replyís.

Hawk739
01-10-2019, 01:03 PM
I was offered a class date September 2019, do you guys think Iíll get delayed? Or by then everything should normalize?

RedOverWhite29
01-10-2019, 01:15 PM
I was offered a class date September 2019, do you guys think Iíll get delayed? Or by then everything should normalize?

Out of curiosity, when did you receive that date?

Gravity88x
01-10-2019, 03:43 PM

I would guess you can expect a 100 day footprint from Indoc to checkride

pilotnicco
01-10-2019, 04:27 PM

I would imagine it should normalize by then.

Hawk739
01-10-2019, 05:04 PM
So a new hire can expect an upgrade to CA in about 2-3 years? Or more? Btw reserve time in LGA, EWR & DCA are very long? Those 3 are my easiest commute from where I live

Random Task
01-10-2019, 07:41 PM
So a new hire can expect an upgrade to CA in about 2-3 years? Or more? Btw reserve time in LGA, EWR & DCA are very long? Those 3 are my easiest commute from where I live

If you have a September class date it's not even worth thinking about reserve times today in those bases because so much is gonna change when you hit the line almost a year from now.

05Duramax
01-10-2019, 08:12 PM

I was told by my recruiter that they expect the January class to be the last one that will have a training delay.

starkutt1
01-10-2019, 11:02 PM

I actually heard lga and ewr is kinda junior some guys get it right out of class and some about a month or 2 later

Hawk739
01-11-2019, 04:58 AM
I actually heard lga and ewr is kinda junior some guys get it right out of class and some about a month or 2 later

Wow if I get that lucky by the time I get hired it would be wounderfoul, even thou NY is very expensive!

planesense
01-11-2019, 05:02 AM
Wow if I get that lucky by the time I get hired it would be wounderfoul, even thou NY is very expensive!

LGA is an easy base to get. I got it as my initial base assignment during the first week of training.

Hawk739
01-11-2019, 06:07 AM
LGA is an easy base to get. I got it as my initial base assignment during the first week of training.

How much you time you sit reserve ?

Random Task
01-11-2019, 08:04 AM
If you have a September class date it's not even worth thinking about reserve times today in those bases because so much is gonna change when you hit the line almost a year from now.

Filler..............

Jungle Jim
01-11-2019, 12:04 PM
How much you time you sit reserve ?

Going on 5 months already. I'm statistically just a couple numbers out from a line, but not whole lot of movement right now. New hires can plan on a lot more unless something we don't know is in the works.

OffAtTango
01-11-2019, 12:51 PM
This is also the slow season. Once summer schedules are in effect and there are more lines, reserve times will drop again.

Hawk739
01-11-2019, 01:08 PM
Going on 5 months already. I'm statistically just a couple numbers out from a line, but not whole lot of movement right now. New hires can plan on a lot more unless something we don't know is in the works.

So itís more or less as Endeavor is doing right now.

pilot2804
01-11-2019, 03:23 PM
So itís more or less as Endeavor is doing right now.

No where near. Edv is about 9 months to get a composite line if even. And they do airport hot reserve
Soooo
No

Hawk739
01-11-2019, 03:27 PM
No where near. Edv is about 9 months to get a composite line if even. And they do airport hot reserve
Soooo
No

Yeah that is one of the reasons I really like Republic, it seems the care about pilots QOL.

When it comes to move on, does RAH pilots get to the majors? Iíve read many posts saying they donít, or only a few get it. Iíve also heard SWA loves RAH pilots. Also Delta now has a ďguaranteed application reviewĒ which means nothing but at least you get a chance to get your app pulled out. How about United? Do they like hiring RAH pilots?

Jungle Jim
01-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Southwest and JetBlue took more of our guys than the big 3 + FedEx and UPS combined. 109 FO's and 98 CA's left in 2018 for other 121's in total. That statistic doesn't include the rare lateral regional moves or attrition to 135/91.

Hawk739
01-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Southwest and JetBlue took more of our guys than the big 3 + FedEx and UPS combined. 109 FO's and 98 CA's left in 2018 for other 121's in total. That statistic doesn't include the rare lateral regional moves or attrition to 135/91.

Wow that is good movement then, I would be happing if I land a job a SWA!

Hawk739
01-11-2019, 05:06 PM

I guess it also depends on where the pilots put their applications! Like not everyone want to land a job at the big 3

Jungle Jim
01-11-2019, 06:22 PM
I guess it also depends on where the pilots put their applications! Like not everyone want to land a job at the big 3

Well to whittle it down even further, only 13 of the 40 big 3 hires were civilians according to the union czar's.

Random Task
01-11-2019, 09:08 PM
And it seems the average civilian time to move to SWA is 10 years

planesense
01-11-2019, 09:34 PM

5 months reserve at LGA?

I'm on a 4-month training delay right now, so I'm hoping for very little reserve time once I get off IOE.

planesense
01-11-2019, 09:36 PM
And it seems the average civilian time to move to SWA is 10 years

What's the source of this info?

Viking6
01-12-2019, 01:38 AM
Well to whittle it down even further, only 13 of the 40 big 3 hires were civilians according to the union czar's.

If you want to go to the big three, then Republic is probably not for you. The 13 pure civilian hires were mostly either management pilots or CKA/ Instructors. I believe 2 were not, but one of those had a family connection at Delta. We should know soon how the Delta screening program is working, but it doesnít look very promising. Still rumors about possible career progression to UA or AA, but I suspect they would resemble the current Delta program.

Viking6
01-12-2019, 01:46 AM
What's the source of this info?

The union puts hiring info out monthly. I think the number is 8-12 years for Southwest. Weíve lost more to JB, and some were FOs.

Hawk739
01-12-2019, 02:19 AM
If you want to go to the big three, then Republic is probably not for you. The 13 pure civilian hires were mostly either management pilots or CKA/ Instructors. I believe 2 were not, but one of those had a family connection at Delta. We should know soon how the Delta screening program is working, but it doesnít look very promising. Still rumors about possible career progression to UA or AA, but I suspect they would resemble the current Delta program.

I see, well Iím Military Rotor wing. I wish I could be hired at one of the big 3 with the fixed wing time I have+rotor time but doesnít work that way lol

Jungle Jim
01-12-2019, 06:42 AM
We should know soon how the Delta screening program is working, but it doesn’t look very promising.

The only thing I've heard from a senior CA about how that's going is he personally knows of 3 guys that were extended an interview so far, and those 3 are in the "waiting for a callback" phase. But that's hearsay which should be taken with a grain of salt.

Jungle Jim
01-12-2019, 07:01 AM
5 months reserve at LGA?

I'm on a 4-month training delay right now, so I'm hoping for very little reserve time once I get off IOE.

Unless we magically get more flying and more planes in the next year, or a whole bunch of FO's upgrade or leave, I wouldn't be that optimistic. 179 FO's (incl those in training) on the LGA seniority list with 94-95 projected flying lines in February. While the flying will pick up March through the summer, there aren't going to be 50 hard lines appearing from thin air. New planes aren't going to be here until "2020," and that presumes we're getting the flying on these airframes (read: scope relief, getting flying away from other regionals) that aren't direct replacements of some of our dinosaur birds. The new Republic reality for the time being is long reserve stints are here to stay to those at the bottom of the list in any base until we get a lot more flying by means of scope relief, acquiring another regional and somehow shelving their pilots, or some other magic BB has up his sleeve. I just don't see how it translates into any other scenario. What I can lead to believe is that something is up otherwise we wouldn't be stocking this many pilots down the line, but nobody on this side of management has any real clue about what's happening.

05Duramax
01-12-2019, 07:26 AM

Iíve read about this and have never heard a reasonable reason why this is the case. What makes Republic different from any other regional?

Hawk739
01-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Iíve read about this and have never heard a reasonable reason why this is the case. What makes Republic different from any other regional?

I have the same question. You are getting the 121 time which is what the big 3 are looking for(except for American which is Flow & Military)

stabapch
01-12-2019, 10:34 AM

This is one of the most uneducated statements Iíve read on this forum. Logically itís very simple in this industry. You fly an airplane, I fly an airplane. You have 5000 hours, I have 5000 hours. I have community service on my resume (which is the same thing as military in the eyes of an employer), you donít have that on your resume. Who gets hired? You do the bare mins, I do the bare mins. Iíve decided to become a CKA, IP, or work in management to sell myself, you didnít. Who gets hired? Having experience flying an airplane is not a skill when youíre competing with others with same skills. STAND OUT from the crowd. This is why the seniority system and year by year pay structure exists in the industry. I can grease every landing and you can bounce every one....if we both have the same amount of longevity at the company we both get paid the same regardless. You canít stand out in the company, you can stand out on your resume. Donít be that guy who doesnít get hired after accomplishing only the mins, then complains about it...

Hawk739
01-12-2019, 11:15 AM
This is one of the most uneducated statements Iíve read on this forum. Logically itís very simple in this industry. You fly an airplane, I fly an airplane. You have 5000 hours, I have 5000 hours. I have community service on my resume (which is the same thing as military in the eyes of an employer), you donít have that on your resume. Who gets hired? You do the bare mins, I do the bare mins. Iíve decided to become a CKA, IP, or work in management to sell myself, you didnít. Who gets hired? Having experience flying an airplane is not a skill when youíre competing with others with same skills. STAND OUT from the crowd. This is why the seniority system and year by year pay structure exists in the industry. I can grease every landing and you can bounce every one....if we both have the same amount of longevity at the company we both get paid the same regardless. You canít stand out in the company, you can stand out on your resume. Donít be that guy who doesnít get hired after accomplishing only the mins, then complains about it...

I completely agree with you. Itís who you are that gives you the job.

ninerdriver
01-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Soooo
No

I'd like to know from which flight attendant you get your info, because 9E doesn't award composite lines.

Viking6
01-13-2019, 10:05 AM

Are you even on the list at Republic yet? The fact is 13 pure civilians were hired from Republic in 2018. All were captains and most were in training department. This isnít my opinion, itís quantifiable data provided by the union. Republics closest competition is Skywest, and they lost 35 to United alone, so it would appear Skywest would have a higher percentage going to the big 3. Endeavor certainly has a higher percentage going to Delta. Your comment about seeking leadership positions is spot on, but remember those are very selective positions. As a new hire youíre probably looking at 8 years minimum to hold CKA, and that would be record pace.

This doesnít mean Republic is a bad place to be, but you should be realistic about career progression from Republic. If your career goals are to get to a big 3 carrier as quickly as possible, then Republic is probably not for you. If you want to drive to work and stay at a good regional, then republic is a great choice.

stabapch
01-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Are you even on the list at Republic yet? The fact is 13 pure civilians were hired from Republic in 2018. All were captains and most were in training department. This isnít my opinion, itís quantifiable data provided by the union. Republics closest competition is Skywest, and they lost 35 to United alone, so it would appear Skywest would have a higher percentage going to the big 3. Endeavor certainly has a higher percentage going to Delta. Your comment about seeking leadership positions is spot on, but remember those are very selective positions. As a new hire youíre probably looking at 8 years minimum to hold CKA, and that would be record pace.

This doesnít mean Republic is a bad place to be, but you should be realistic about career progression from Republic. If your career goals are to get to a big 3 carrier as quickly as possible, then Republic is probably not for you. If you want to drive to work and stay at a good regional, then republic is a great choice.

It all depends on how you sell yourself man. Plain and simple. Whatís on your resume determines whether youíre considered for hire or not. Just like any other high paying profession in the big boy world, you need to separate yourself from the other applicants. Republic is not going to advance your career for you and nor will any other regional, unless you take the bait and go to one of them offering the 10-year ďflowĒ plan (those regionals wonít exist within the next few years). Iíve worked and went to school with two brothers who both flew for the same corporate gig. One was hired on American, the other on Delta. Zero 121 exp. Explain that?

Also, those union numbers that are made available to the public only include the guys that elected to share where they went. Not a very accurate statistic to make a bold conclusion/statement that flying for Republic wonít get you to the big 3. Iíve been around this company for 10 years now before I decided to work for them and Iíve heard all the [email protected], but witnessed other things. If you want to get to a major, itís everything outside your aviation experience that will get you that seat.

pilotnicco
01-13-2019, 06:10 PM

OO May have sent more people to majors because they have a pilot group twice the size of ours. You canít look at numbers, you have to look at percentages of the pilot group. If you actually compare that data, itís basically the exact same. And yes, majors look at everything about you as a person to get there, not just your flying ability, as already mentioned.

Irishblackbird
01-13-2019, 06:16 PM
It all depends on how you sell yourself man. Plain and simple. Whatís on your resume determines whether youíre considered for hire or not. Just like any other high paying profession in the big boy world, you need to separate yourself from the other applicants. Republic is not going to advance your career for you and nor will any other regional, unless you take the bait and go to one of them offering the 10-year ďflowĒ plan (those regionals wonít exist within the next few years). Iíve worked and went to school with two brothers who both flew for the same corporate gig. One was hired on American, the other on Delta. Zero 121 exp. Explain that?

Also, those union numbers that are made available to the public only include the guys that elected to share where they went. Not a very accurate statistic to make a bold conclusion/statement that flying for Republic wonít get you to the big 3. Iíve been around this company for 10 years now before I decided to work for them and Iíve heard all the [email protected], but witnessed other things. If you want to get to a major, itís everything outside your aviation experience that will get you that seat.

Interesting observation about the WO's, why do you think they won't exist within the next few years? I can't speak to Envoy or Piedmont, but PSA is still filling classes.

FlyGood
01-14-2019, 04:53 PM
Wow. This thread went to absolute crap.

starkutt1
01-15-2019, 06:43 AM
Wow. This thread went to absolute crap.

I definitely agree smh 🤦*♂️

BravoBravo
02-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Has anybody got any updates from their recruiters about class dates?? When I interviewed in November they were giving away October. I got the call from the company last month to let me know they are putting dates next to the names and asked me when i will be ready with my hours. I was told company asked them to stop giving class dates and put us all on the waiting list :confused: Any NEWS?

starkutt1
02-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Has anybody got any updates from their recruiters about class dates?? When I interviewed in November they were giving away October. I got the call from the company last month to let me know they are putting dates next to the names and asked me when i will be ready with my hours. I was told company asked them to stop giving class dates and put us all on the waiting list :confused: Any NEWS?

Oh wow didnít know that was happening but as of right now Iíve still got my class date .

terminalgoods
02-03-2019, 04:52 AM
Interviewed mid-October - class date May 22. Recruiter says weíre still on track. Scheduled for ATP-CTP May 6. I hope the dates stick. I wouldnít be caught off guard if things get delayed. It all works out in the end. Keep smiling.

4V14T0R
02-03-2019, 05:22 AM
Interviewed mid-October - class date May 22. Recruiter says weíre still on track. Scheduled for ATP-CTP May 6. I hope the dates stick. I wouldnít be caught off guard if things get delayed. It all works out in the end. Keep smiling.

My inclination is that your date will stick.

This is the first Iíve heard of Republic sticking potential new hires in a pool. I bet they did it instead of pushing class dates into 2020. So when your time to climb out of the pool comes theyíll reaffirm your interest.

My next question would be, how do they select how to pull from the pool? First in, First out or most qualified in the pool?

BravoBravo
02-03-2019, 06:01 AM
My next question would be, how do they select how to pull from the pool? First in, First out or most qualified in the pool?

I'm wondering the same thing .
To make it a bit more detailed, during interview I was offered October 1st and put my name next to March this year. Of coarse, that does not mean I will get it any time soon. But it does seem they are trying to make sure they do not waste slots on candidates which do not mean anticipated requirements and have us ready in the pool.

starkutt1
02-03-2019, 06:21 AM
I'm wondering the same thing .
To make it a bit more detailed, during interview I was offered October 1st and put my name next to March this year. Of coarse, that does not mean I will get it any time soon. But it does seem they are trying to make sure they do not waste slots on candidates which do not mean anticipated requirements and have us ready in the pool.

Last I heard it goes in order if youíre number 20 on the list then youíll be 20th person placed in a class if someone doesnít show up to training

05Duramax
02-03-2019, 08:23 AM

I think your class date is firm. The reason they have no February or March classes is so they can get things caught up. Also, Republic is supposed to take delivery of their first in house ERJ sim in April. I'm new so call me optimistic but Republic is paying for people on training delay, hiring a ton of pilots, getting their own ERJ sim (haven't heard if they're planning on getting more?) and still (publicly) confirming the 100 ERJ order; future seems bright to me!

Realize this APC, forgot to bitc* about how terrible millennials are, have a tirade about snow flakes and safe rooms, or call someone out for their grammar or punctuation; hope my post is ok...😜

Jungle Jim
02-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Also, Republic is supposed to take delivery of their first in house ERJ sim in April.

Actually, all the 170 sims in CVG are owned by Republic. With the new one, which is there and about to be put together, that's 3. All 3 will move to Mecca when they build the new TC.

4V14T0R
02-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Actually, all the 170 sims in CVG are owned by Republic. With the new one, which is there and about to be put together, that's 3. All 3 will move to Mecca when they build the new TC.

We donít own those sims in CVG. We just rent every second of them that are available. Flight Safety owns them.

Jungle Jim
02-03-2019, 06:46 PM
We donít own those sims in CVG. We just rent every second of them that are available. Flight Safety owns them.

Ricky I was just in CVG yesterday, and the lore there is RPA owns those sims, and they're all coming to IND when 'they build it.'

4V14T0R
02-04-2019, 05:22 AM
Ricky I was just in CVG yesterday, and the lore there is RPA owns those sims, and they're all coming to IND when 'they build it.'

Iím not sure why flight safety would allow us to purchase those sims. I guess crazier things can happen.

And Ricky?

Viking6
02-04-2019, 05:34 AM
I will ask, but I think we own one besides the new one thatís still in pieces. The new one is running behind, and FSI is saying summer before itís certified. Iím sure FSI would sell use the CVG sims though, because EET is beating those things up.

starkutt1
02-05-2019, 08:39 AM

I talked to a recruiter a month ago and he said republic doesnít own any sims but they are in the works or getting on later this year.

Not sure how true that is

ChopNDrop
02-11-2019, 06:49 AM
I talked to a recruiter a month ago and he said republic doesnít own any sims but they are in the works or getting on later this year.

Not true. We own all the 170 sims in CVG (3), not sure on St Louis (1 maybe 2?), the rest we bid for time slots like everyone else. We pay FSI to house and maintain those sims while we use them at those locations. With the new TC being built, the only real change is where those sims are located. We will still pay FSI to provide a staff to maintain the sims for us at the new TC, the only real change will be the logistics of not having to send peeps to CVG or STL. It will be one stop shopping in IND for the new hires, and eventually UPG/Recurrent.

While that may not sound like a big change, it is; the majority of the training backlog issue is with retraining or failure to progress issues. Currently you have to go back and forth from one of those two locations, and allow for at least a day of travel in between. With the new TC you will trim off at least two days of backlog per student/event that requires more training; hence streamlining the process and saving money.

All that being said, however. I don't think we are being proactive enough. More and more operations are trying to fly the 170 (case & point XJT - happy for those guys/gals) and with limited sim options, I'd like to see more than just 3/4 sims at our disposal.

Viking6
02-11-2019, 08:35 AM

Thatís not true. FSI manages the sims, but we own several. Whenever we get a new training center in IND, then I suspect they will move all sims out of FSI. I spend a lot of time in the sim, and theyíre taking a beating from EET. FSI doesnít seem to be doing a very good job on sim upkeep.

aero77
02-16-2019, 02:14 AM
Is there anyone out there with a class date in Aug or Sep? PM me , would like to chat with you.

starkutt1
02-16-2019, 06:27 AM
Is there anyone out there with a class date in Aug or Sep? PM me , would like to chat with you.

Damn thatís a long wait for a class

Bdy2238
02-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Can confirm also what others have been experiencing. Interviewed late November with very little communication after COE, other than we'll get back to you with a class date. They initially said it was due to a lack of sim availability. Got an email the other day that anyone that doesn't have a quarter 3 date is now on a waiting list until they get quarter 4 dates and slots available, but they aren't committing to a set date.

Not sure what that will end up coming to for those of us who were initially told quarter 4 for a class date of 2019, and are now on hold. Wonder if that means they're going to start pushing people into 2020, or are going to cut the least qualified or the last of the interviewees off the list entirely with Lift cadets coming up on hours.

Captain Slow
02-19-2019, 06:25 AM
Thatís not true. FSI manages the sims, but we own several. Whenever we get a new training center in IND, then I suspect they will move all sims out of FSI. I spend a lot of time in the sim, and theyíre taking a beating from EET. FSI doesnít seem to be doing a very good job on sim upkeep.

Iíve also heard that we own most of the computers in the classrooms with Epic software on them, as well as many of the EFPT/GFS units in the FSI buildings. I guess we lease them to FSI for use with other clients.

But that was a FSI guy who told me that.... and we know how reliable all of that is. Interesting additional revenue stream for the company if true though.

VASBYT
02-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Just curious, but what is the current training status of those in the following classes?

09/05/2018
09/18/2018
10/02/2018

Just trying to see where some of our new hires are currently.

fortyeight
02-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Just curious, but what is the current training status of those in the following classes?

09/05/2018
09/18/2018
10/02/2018

Just trying to see where some of our new hires are currently.

Donít know those dates specifically but 8/21 JUST got off OE, some are still in OE, and some are still waiting for OE to be scheduled. So, pretty backed up. The last FO I flew with was an 8/21 hire and has only flown two day trips so far since being off OE.

So in other words classes are backed up and thereís very little flying. I think management thought there would be much more flying than there currently is.

pilot2804
02-28-2019, 02:30 PM
10/2 and Iíll be done with OE March 13th with my first trip starting Sunday
Checkride was 2/20
Hope this helps!

VASBYT
02-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Donít know those dates specifically but 8/21 JUST got off OE, some are still in OE, and some are still waiting for OE to be scheduled. So, pretty backed up. The last FO I flew with was an 8/21 hire and has only flown two day trips so far since being off OE.

So in other words classes are backed up and thereís very little flying. I think management thought there would be much more flying than there currently is.

Wow! Itís no wonder why we have staffing issues at the moment. Thanks for the feedback!

IDrive175
02-28-2019, 05:28 PM
Wow! Itís no wonder why we have staffing issues at the moment. Thanks for the feedback!

What staffing issues are you referring to? (Iím one of those on a training delay, just curious)

stabapch
02-28-2019, 05:30 PM

ďStaffing issuesĒ as in overstaffed? It sounds like youíre implying weíre understaffed. Iím not sure about the August classes, but I believe the ď3 month at home vacationĒ delay started with the September classes. New hires DOH from September forward are not a very good prediction of where theyíre at, due to the fact that they ďgot hiredĒ then sent home because of sim delays. Most of these guys will hit the line off OE with 7-8 months seniority already.

Tigflt17
02-28-2019, 06:22 PM
ďStaffing issuesĒ as in overstaffed? It sounds like youíre implying weíre understaffed. Iím not sure about the August classes, but I believe the ď3 month at home vacationĒ delay started with the September classes. New hires DOH from September forward are not a very good prediction of where theyíre at, due to the fact that they ďgot hiredĒ then sent home because of sim delays. Most of these guys will hit the line off OE with 7-8 months seniority already.

9/5 class all done with IOE

VASBYT
02-28-2019, 06:26 PM
What staffing issues are you referring to? (I’m one of those on a training delay, just curious)

Oh, just a lack of reserves available. CS has been telling me that we are short of reserves for the first part of March. It makes sense now knowing that Sept 5 class has just finished OE.

IDrive175
02-28-2019, 07:12 PM
Oh, just a lack of reserves available. CS has been telling me that we are short of reserves for the first part of March. It makes sense now knowing that Sept 5 class has just finished OE.

Which base are you at?

VASBYT
02-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Which base are you at?

CMH - We are well below our buffers until the 12th of March. Problem should lift once we start getting more guys/gals done with training, hopefully.

stabapch
02-28-2019, 08:49 PM

Thatís interesting because the general consensus on here is that weíre overstaffed. But it appears weíre only overstaffed according to the seniority list, but not according to the amount of line qualified pilots (pilots done with IOE), is that correct? This would explain why upgrade times are decreasing and reserve times are staying about the same.

Web265
03-01-2019, 04:57 AM
But it appears weíre only overstaffed according to the seniority list, but not according to the amount of line qualified pilots (pilots done with IOE), is that correct?

Sounds correct to me. Assuming I'm reading it correctly, according to the February seniority list, there are @ 240+ FO's on the list that are still in training somewhere at the time it was published....

stabapch
03-01-2019, 06:32 AM
Sounds correct to me. Assuming I'm reading it correctly, according to the February seniority list, there are @ 240+ FO's on the list that are still in training somewhere at the time it was published....

All the classes on delays should be done with IOE April, May, June. By that time flying will pick up quite a bit for the summer. Although, we still would have to pick up additional flying to benefit the pilot group, but even if YX doesnít right away I donít see us becoming excessively overstaffed. Some are predicting 1+ year reserve times. I donít see that happening.

IDrive175
03-01-2019, 06:53 AM
All the classes on delays should be done with IOE April, May, June. By that time flying will pick up quite a bit for the summer. Although, we still would have to pick up additional flying to benefit the pilot group, but even if YX doesnít right away I donít see us becoming excessively overstaffed. Some are predicting 1+ year reserve times. I donít see that happening.

I donít either, at least not at junior bases. Iím on a training delay right now, resuming indoc on 4/3, and Iím expecting about a month on reserve. Iím sort of close to the top of the training delay list though, and I think my base is one of those that is a little short on reserves right now. Iím thinking as soon as the guys in the class behind me get off OE, I should be able to hold a line, I hope.

Random Task
03-01-2019, 07:29 AM
I donít either, at least not at junior bases. Iím on a training delay right now, resuming indoc on 4/3, and Iím expecting about a month on reserve. Iím sort of close to the top of the training delay list though, and I think my base is one of those that is a little short on reserves right now. Iím thinking as soon as the guys in the class behind me get off OE, I should be able to hold a line, I hope.

If you're resuming 4/3 it sounds like you're a January hire, in which case you aren't at or near he top of the training back up. You're dead last. There are no new hires behind you in Feb/March/April.

IDrive175
03-01-2019, 07:31 AM
If you're resuming 4/3 it sounds like you're a January hire, in which case you aren't at or near he top of the training back up. You're dead last. There are no new hires behind you in Feb/March/April.

Iím a 12/11 hire. I have somewhere around 64 people behind me.

Random Task
03-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Iím a 12/11 hire. I have somewhere around 64 people behind me.

You're still pretty low down, definitely not near the top

IDrive175
03-01-2019, 09:18 AM
You're still pretty low down, definitely not near the top

I guess by ďsort of close to the topĒ I really meant ďtop halfĒ. Either way, after studying a whole lot of numbers and watching how lists move (yeah I have too much time on my hands lol), I feel pretty confident I wonít have more than a month or two on reserve, if that. For what itís worth, I did run all this by a friend of a friend who is a senior YX CA, and he said he agreed with my thinking. If Iím wrong, oh well... reserve isnít the end of the world.

Viking6
03-01-2019, 09:46 AM
I wouldnít try to guess how long your reserve time would be at YX or what upgrade time will be. Currently we are definitely overstaffed, which is one of the reasons the company is manipulating pairing construction. They could make every line 75 hours, but you would still have to have minimum reserve coverage.

UnbeatenPath
03-01-2019, 03:48 PM
9/18 hire
2/15 checkride
3/4 first day OE
3/11 scheduled last day of OE
Was one of the last sim groups in our class

peengleeson
03-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Anyone recently go through the systems week? How was it, and how was the SV?

Longhornmaniac8
03-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Anyone recently go through the systems week? How was it, and how was the SV?

It's great. Power Point, but there's lots of interactive things with the Virtual Flight Deck (VFD) programs that you will use to really start driving home the systems. In particular, the MCDU module is really helpful, and they've got some terrific handouts to help with that process.

The SV questions are almost all straight out of the Review Questions from the Supplemental Study Guide (Ch. 9). If you Sheppard Air it, you will do well on the test, but you will totally miss out on actually learning the concepts. They gave us the questions from the question bank without the answers to avoid people doing exactly that, and I think that's totally fair. I just noticed that they were the same as the SSG review questions so I was confident that I was able to have the right answer.

My advice for systems: get together with a small group (2-4) in the evenings and review a system in detail. You have your iPads (AOM and Ethos), the Supplemental Study Guide (if you can stomach the cost, print it out and bind it, it's a great resource during all of systems), and your paper tiger. Just work through the different switches/knobs, learn the different positions and what they actually do (e.g. on the Electrical System, what happens when you turn the AC Bus Ties knob from Auto to 1 Open?), and then when you've gone through that, test yourselves with the review questions from the Supplemental Study Guide. If you're feeling pretty good about your systems knowledge and just want to study for the test, have somebody ask questions from the SSG. It's amazing how people pick up on different things; you can really learn well as a group. Someone will know one thing or have noticed one thing, and the entire group benefits. Then someone who didn't know something will know something else that others didn't know. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and as a result there's strength in numbers.

Cooperate to Graduate.

IDrive175
03-04-2019, 09:55 AM
It's great. Power Point, but there's lots of interactive things with the Virtual Flight Deck (VFD) programs that you will use to really start driving home the systems. In particular, the MCDU module is really helpful, and they've got some terrific handouts to help with that process.

The SV questions are almost all straight out of the Review Questions from the Supplemental Study Guide (Ch. 9). If you Sheppard Air it, you will do well on the test, but you will totally miss out on actually learning the concepts. They gave us the questions from the question bank without the answers to avoid people doing exactly that, and I think that's totally fair. I just noticed that they were the same as the SSG review questions so I was confident that I was able to have the right answer.

My advice for systems: get together with a small group (2-4) in the evenings and review a system in detail. You have your iPads (AOM and Ethos), the Supplemental Study Guide (if you can stomach the cost, print it out and bind it, it's a great resource during all of systems), and your paper tiger. Just work through the different switches/knobs, learn the different positions and what they actually do (e.g. on the Electrical System, what happens when you turn the AC Bus Ties knob from Auto to 1 Open?), and then when you've gone through that, test yourselves with the review questions from the Supplemental Study Guide. If you're feeling pretty good about your systems knowledge and just want to study for the test, have somebody ask questions from the SSG. It's amazing how people pick up on different things; you can really learn well as a group. Someone will know one thing or have noticed one thing, and the entire group benefits. Then someone who didn't know something will know something else that others didn't know. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and as a result there's strength in numbers.

Cooperate to Graduate.

This is awesome, especially for those of us who went to 3 days of indoc and then got sent home for months to sit around and wonder what's next. Thanks!

starkutt1
03-27-2019, 05:35 AM

Cooperate to Graduate.

Thanks for all the info dude it really helps

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1