Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Hawker445
11-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Interviewed on Tuesday and got the goodword today!

I was told that It was possible to get SFO on the CRJ so I went with that. Iím probably going to go with a February 1st date.

Anyone else?

zondaracer
11-16-2018, 05:16 AM

I was told that It was possible to get SFO on the CRJ so I went with that. Iím probably going to go with a February 1st date.

Anyone else?

Congratulations and welcome!

chitolin
11-16-2018, 05:33 AM
careful at Skywest, we just fired a probationary pilot for disclosing a safety issue...I suggest you find better work elsewhere, otherwise YOUR career will be ruined like his if you make any mistakes with no one on your side to represent you in the case of such a mistake

Troll sauce got you all messed up sonny. You said they were fired because they disclose a safety issue, not because they put themselves into an unsafe state. Get your facts straight and lay off the trolling.
To the OP, welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savedbythevnav
11-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Welcome. Donít forget to read the Book of Mormon before your first day. Thereís a 100 question exam on it.

amcnd
11-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Welcome. Donít forget to read the Book of Mormon before your first day. Thereís a 100 question exam on it.

That may have been the case in the 80ís..... not now. I would bet less then 10% are that religion. And 1% would even talk about it.. only place you hear that reference about SkyWest is on here..

Hawker445
11-16-2018, 12:39 PM

Lived there for a year so Iíve got a head start

savedbythevnav
11-17-2018, 02:43 PM
That may have been the case in the 80ís..... not now. I would bet less then 10% are that religion. And 1% would even talk about it.. only place you hear that reference about SkyWest is on here..

I've flown with that 1%.

MMcfi
11-17-2018, 04:17 PM

Anyone else?

Congrats!!!!
Any advise for the interview, what did they ask you?
Thanks!

Excargodog
11-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Congrats!!!!
Thanks!

Hopefully not how to spell advice....

MMcfi
11-17-2018, 05:27 PM

Haha damn it autokorrect

chitolin
11-17-2018, 05:35 PM
oh Krap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawker445
11-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Congrats!!!!
Thanks!

Wear a suit.

Know 91.175 cold. Especially how low you can go over the TDZE. I wasnít asked to draw any electrical,fuel or engines, but just talked about pressurization and how many times the bleed air is cooled before entering the cabin, electrical (DC/AC, inverter/Transformer rectifier, amps vs volts) and whether the airplane I was in had a centrifugal or axial compressor. But I already had a jet type rating so perhaps that gave me an edge. Speeds in the DEN bravo. High speed aerodynamics. Know the light configuration and how far apart they are spaced so that you can determine the visibility from the cockpit.

You donít need to be an expert in this, just be able to
Have a general idea of what it all is.

Brief a Metar/TAF, point out the FAF on an ILS. (Be careful bc FAF for the ILS is the glideslope interception, and the Cross is the FAF for the localizer.

For HR, just be yourself. They essentially tell you that youíre hired when you walk into the door but that doesnít mean you should give them a reason not to hire you.

gusrueda
11-18-2018, 11:16 AM

Anyone else?
was this date the earliest class or you choose this date?

Hawker445
11-18-2018, 11:25 AM
was this date the earliest class or you choose this date?

I chose it.

MMcfi
11-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Wear a suit.

Know 91.175 cold. Especially how low you can go over the TDZE. I wasnít asked to draw any electrical,fuel or engines, but just talked about pressurization and how many times the bleed air is cooled before entering the cabin, electrical (DC/AC, inverter/Transformer rectifier, amps vs volts) and whether the airplane I was in had a centrifugal or axial compressor. But I already had a jet type rating so perhaps that gave me an edge. Speeds in the DEN bravo. High speed aerodynamics. Know the light configuration and how far apart they are spaced so that you can determine the visibility from the cockpit.

You donít need to be an expert in this, just be able to
Have a general idea of what it all is.

Brief a Metar/TAF, point out the FAF on an ILS. (Be careful bc FAF for the ILS is the glideslope interception, and the Cross is the FAF for the localizer.

For HR, just be yourself. They essentially tell you that youíre hired when you walk into the door but that doesnít mean you should give them a reason not to hire you.

Much appreciated, thanks again and congrats!

dream2flly
11-20-2018, 08:45 AM
I still need to interview but hoping for Feb. 1st CRJ class date as well!

Loon
11-26-2018, 10:20 PM

Grammar police. Hopefully you know how to not be a jerk on an interview.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1