Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Envoy Agent Jobs LAX

Gordon Axel
11-19-2018, 08:11 AM
American has job postings for an agent position for Envoy at LAX. Is this something new or does Envoy already handled the gates there?

in2deep
11-19-2018, 08:19 AM
Not this again

3GreenKSNA
11-19-2018, 08:21 AM
American has job postings for an agent position for Envoy at LAX. Is this something new or does Envoy already handled the gates there?If you go onto my.envoyair.com

Right on the home page there is an article all about our operations at LAX.

-Keep the dirty side down

bigtime209
11-19-2018, 08:51 AM
American has job postings for an agent position for Envoy at LAX. Is this something new or does Envoy already handled the gates there?

No

/10/

Cyio
11-19-2018, 09:37 AM
I am certainly not onboard the LAX hype train but I have to admit, this recent article that came out just had a "feeling" of something more is coming. I understand my "feeling" doesn't mean anything, but still, I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced next year.

pitchattitude
11-19-2018, 11:57 AM

Yes. Envoy does ground services for a lot of AA locations and one of them is LAX.

Ground services, like pilots = pennies on the dollar.

NoValueAviator
11-19-2018, 02:16 PM
It's not pennies on the dollar but it is a huge disparity. Envoy gaties make ~$16/hr in ORD vs. AA gates $30+, according to some of our agents.

I wouldn't read into who is running the gates where though. Piedmont rampers staff Phoenix...

cr700
11-20-2018, 05:00 AM
I am certainly not onboard the LAX hype train but I have to admit, this recent article that came out just had a "feeling" of something more is coming. I understand my "feeling" doesn't mean anything, but still, I wouldn't be surprised if something is announced next year.

Your feeling could be exactly correct. It's no secret that Envoy is in growth mode and AAG favors Envoy doing as much flying as they can take. Great time to be at Envoy.

EmbaeDriver
11-20-2018, 06:14 AM
Yes, a base opening next month

N200NN
11-20-2018, 05:01 PM
LAX base summer 2013

fenix1
11-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Where do all/majority of CPZ trips flown for AA on AAG-owned 175s begin & end? (Has to be either LAX or PHX, right? SEA is CPZs other base but that has to be mainly DL flying, right?)

Also, when does the current CPZ-AA contract end?

Cyio
11-26-2018, 02:02 AM
Where do all/majority of CPZ trips flown for AA on AAG-owned 175’s begin & end? (Has to be either LAX or PHX, right? SEA is CPZ’s other base but that has to be mainly DL flying, right?)

Also, when does the current CPZ-AA contract end?

Pretty sure LAX is the big one for AA, as PHX is shaping up to be more Delta flying. As for the 20 jets, that ends at the start of 2020, but if everything is going well, there is no reason AA wouldn't renew unless they had other plans for them.

NoValueAviator
11-26-2018, 06:16 AM
Envoy is staffed for massive growth, but only on the 145 side of the operation. If there's a new base, I doubt seriously it will be in a west coast market that demands 175s (or mainline jets for that matter).

But who knows, it seems like much of what they do here in terms of longterm planning is completely random and nonsensical.

N200NN
11-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Where do all/majority of CPZ trips flown for AA on AAG-owned 175s begin & end? (Has to be either LAX or PHX, right? SEA is CPZs other base but that has to be mainly DL flying, right?)

All AA CP flights are in and out of LAX. Flights are either going to or coming from LAX.