Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

BPSA
11-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Hello all,

Looking for general info on new hire expected base and equipment for the following airlines;

AA-
UAL-
DAL-
FEDEX-
UPS-

If anybody could help I'd appreciate it.

Happy flying,
BPSA

Proximity
11-22-2018, 11:00 AM
It's super important to make career decision that lasts for decades based on what you'll get as a new hire. I wouldn't go to any of those unless I could get into the 777 or 747 right off that bat.

Props to the OP for I assume getting an offer at all those airlines and having to make such a difficult choice.

PotatoChip
11-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Hello all,

Looking for general info on new hire expected base and equipment for the following airlines;

AA-
UAL-
DAL-
FEDEX-
UPS-

Happy flying,
BPSA

You have your choice between all of those?! Wow!!!
Or are you just assuming you’ll just apply and get a call, because pilot shortage and all?

PotatoChip
11-22-2018, 12:57 PM
Seriously, though...
This is a moving target. As in changes monthly at some places, sometimes drastically so.
And why??
And this information is available if you actually take the time to look.

BPSA
11-22-2018, 01:46 PM
I'm well set where I am right now. Intl airline as I am not even a citizen nor have the right to work in the USA. I'm just trying to learn about the american market as I may (or may not) start a documentary work comparing different phases of careers worldwide.

Anyways thanks everyone for taking the time to help.

Cheers,

BPSA

tom11011
11-22-2018, 04:11 PM
pilotdomiciles.com

RJSAviator76
11-22-2018, 05:00 PM
It's super important to make career decision that lasts for decades based on what you'll get as a new hire. I wouldn't go to any of those unless I could get into the 777 or 747 right off that bat.

Props to the OP for I assume getting an offer at all those airlines and having to make such a difficult choice.

... as a direct-entry captain! :D

cal73
11-22-2018, 05:32 PM
https://pilotjobs.atpflightschool.com/airline-domiciles/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qotsaautopilot
11-22-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm well set where I am right now. Intl airline as I am not even a citizen nor have the right to work in the USA. I'm just trying to learn about the american market as I may (or may not) start a documentary work comparing different phases of careers worldwide.

Anyways thanks everyone for taking the time to help.

Cheers,

BPSA

But how will you get over the wall? You couldn’t possibly fly over it.

BPSA
11-23-2018, 03:43 AM
pilotdomiciles.com

Thank you Tom,

BPSA

BPSA
11-23-2018, 03:45 AM
https://pilotjobs.atpflightschool.com/airline-domiciles/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Cal73!!

BPSA

rickair7777
11-23-2018, 04:30 AM

Or he could be an established professional who would only leave his current gig for one of those, and only if he could be based somewhere that works for him. :rolleyes:

Thrust Hold
11-23-2018, 08:03 PM
Hello all,

AA-
UAL-
DAL-
FEDEX-
UPS-

Happy flying,
BPSA

FedEx - MEM

ecam
11-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Or he could be an established professional who would only leave his current gig for one of those, and only if he could be based somewhere that works for him. :rolleyes:

Or he could be an impostor. Because his question and following explanation is so ridiculous its alarming.

He doesn't need to learn to land only to fly.

I'd lock this one pretty quick.

rickair7777
11-26-2018, 06:42 AM
Or he could be an impostor. Because his question and following explanation is so ridiculous its alarming.

He doesn't need to learn to land only to fly.

I'd lock this one pretty quick.

Get real man, he's not asking about anything operational :confused:

ecam
11-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Get real man, he's not asking about anything operational :confused:

Im not usually the paranoid type, but that information could be used to infiltrate and he is asking for info not available to the general public. Maybe you need to get real. This guy admitted he is a foreign national with no ties to the USA. So why would he need to know this? It is very suspicious.

PotatoChip
11-26-2018, 11:33 AM
Im not usually the paranoid type, but that information could be used to infiltrate and he is asking for info not available to the general public. Maybe you need to get real. This guy admitted he is a foreign national with no ties to the USA. So why would he need to know this? It is very suspicious.

The information he is asking is VERY available to the general public....

rickair7777
11-26-2018, 11:37 AM

I'm the security nazi around here. If I'm not worried it's probably OK.

Proximity
11-26-2018, 02:16 PM

Watch out for those infiltrators! They'll never figure out the lowest paying / lowest quality of life aircraft and the most expensive domicile is junior! Better ask anyone claiming to be a new hire if they have "ties" to 'murica!

BPSA
11-27-2018, 11:06 AM
Unbelievable ahahaha.....

Thanks for the help the ones that actually helped...

Blue Skies,

BPSA

ZeroTT
12-01-2018, 05:02 PM
New hires generally get whatever airplane pays the least -ie the smallest. Varies a bit from month to month, but that's a good rule of thumb.

As for base - someplace cold with a high cost of living - NYC or ORD - followed by high cost california.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1