Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Thanks

trip
11-22-2018, 11:01 AM
A big shout out and thanks to the Endeavor team for inviting Skywest over for Thanksgiving dinner in MSP! Much appreciated.

theUpsideDown
11-22-2018, 03:16 PM
A big shout out and thanks to the Endeavor team for inviting Skywest over for Thanksgiving dinner in MSP! Much appreciated.

Happy holidays

sn00p
11-23-2018, 04:31 PM
Thatís super cool.

Such a standup group of people.

VoiceOfReason
11-27-2018, 05:23 AM

Proud of my team for extending their hand and serving up some goodness to our fellow aviators. That's what it's all about.

theUpsideDown
11-27-2018, 05:30 AM
Proud of my team for extending their hand and serving up some goodness to our fellow aviators. That's what it's all about.

Hope we do same for Christmas.

Avroman
11-27-2018, 06:47 AM
Perhaps some day the favor can be repaid to us in SLC ;)

theUpsideDown
11-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Perhaps some day the favor can be repaid to us in SLC ;)

Sure but it'll be after they "help" us out by telling us our panels are open on taxi-out.

Paid2fly
11-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Sure but it'll be after they "help" us out by telling us our panels are open on taxi-out.

:confused:

theUpsideDown
11-28-2018, 03:06 AM

Ask an old timer from Mesaba days...so almost any captain out of MSP

prex8390
11-28-2018, 03:18 AM

Itís one of those mean spirited pranks where you tell a rival or disliked company aircraft they have a panel open, where upon they either have to have someone come out and look at it or return to the gate only to find out nothing is open.

theUpsideDown
11-28-2018, 04:49 AM
Itís one of those mean spirited pranks where you tell a rival or disliked company aircraft they have a panel open, where upon they either have to have someone come out and look at it or return to the gate only to find out nothing is open.

And no one really does it anymore because taped atc ground conversations are easily pulled online and flight numbers and dates matched to pilots.

TalkTurkey
11-30-2018, 11:28 AM
I will never stop wondering why airline employees view different airline employees as though they are in a different gang. You're welcome.

CMA757
12-01-2018, 06:59 AM
In case there was any remaining doubt as to whether or not management reads APC, check out the 11/30 FOU. There is a screenshot of this thread. :rolleyes:

Mesabah
12-01-2018, 08:53 AM
In case there was any remaining doubt as to whether or not management reads APC, check out the 11/30 FOU. There is a screenshot of this thread. :rolleyes:
I saw that, haha.

JulesWinfield
12-01-2018, 10:28 AM

Also, I like how they're trying to fix hard landings in the FOU. I've landed twice in the last 40 days, and have 135 hours as a March hire. Hard to stay proficient.

KSCessnaDriver
12-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Also, I like how they're trying to fix hard landings in the FOU. I've landed twice in the last 40 days, and have 135 hours as a March hire. Hard to stay proficient.

So what do you want the company to do? Thereís only a finite amount of flying we can do. Would you rather we furlough people?

GaleHrd
12-01-2018, 11:23 AM
The conversation at the Thanksgiving Day get together between SkyWest and Endeavor didnít look anything like the last several posts. This thread is titled THANKS.

vessbot
12-01-2018, 02:31 PM
The conversation at the Thanksgiving Day get together between SkyWest and Endeavor didnít look anything like the last several posts. This thread is titled THANKS.

Haha, I'll repeat what I said in another thread: "Gentlemen, it has been a privilege staying positive with you tonight "

Avroman
12-01-2018, 07:01 PM

What page? I didn't see it.

JulesWinfield
12-01-2018, 09:05 PM
So what do you want the company to do? Thereís only a finite amount of flying we can do. Would you rather we furlough people?

I just think it is funny that they are basically blaming prior check airmen for people having bad landings, when it is hard to stay proficient as an FO who lands a few times a month, if that.

Avroman
12-02-2018, 10:06 AM
I just think it is funny that they are basically blaming prior check airmen for people having bad landings, when it is hard to stay proficient as an FO who lands a few times a month, if that.

The check airmen on reserve (and there are several in MSP and NYC for sure) only get a few landings a month in as they are mostly stuck doing line checks since they have no awarded flying. Pair that with a new hire and let the "fun" begin.

IAFDOF
12-02-2018, 11:57 AM
You're welcome! Now quit blinding me with your nose landing light.

Bartok
12-02-2018, 01:56 PM

That is so funny

SlamClicker
12-03-2018, 03:52 AM
What page? I didn't see it.

Page two, not the fou special