Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ERJ upgrade time

Ratm0820
11-26-2018, 05:55 PM
How long does it take to upgrade on the ERJ? Will the time likely come down?

misterpretzel
11-26-2018, 06:10 PM
Looks like the most junior capt on the erj is a 9/15 hire

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

threeighteen
11-26-2018, 07:42 PM
Looks like the most junior capt on the erj is a 9/15 hire

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

where did you get that number from?

Most junior guy is a 6/16 hire. Got the award at the 2 year mark. Since then the time required has gone back up.

chronomaster31
11-26-2018, 10:12 PM
Yeah the website says 6/16

WaterRooster
11-28-2018, 06:36 AM
If you want LGA itís around3 years. ORD is next currently 3-4 years. The amount of senior pilots moving over from the CRJ is just upping those times. Suggestion is to go fly the CRJ and upgrade there.

Gone Flying
11-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Yeah the website says 6/16

That pilot has been the plug for months. So far the jr person awarded on this bid (still processing) is 5/15 in LGA... about the same DOH last month. I would plan on at least a 3 year upgrade and probably almost 5 to hold a line. several senior CRJ captains are jumping over due to the trip mix being better.

Utah
11-29-2018, 12:53 PM
DOH for someone upgrading today or in the past has nothing to do with what someone getting hired today will face... don't worry about it. Yes LGA is currently the junior place for ERJ captain. Who knows what the story will be in a year or two.

Half of the seniority list has under three years on the property.

At times upgrade has gone to new hires, at other times it took 7+ years.

Most FOs don't take the first available upgrade. They wait until they can hold a line..

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1