Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : More Airframes

Chancellor
11-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Reliable source told me possibility we will be bringing more airframes online from CPZ next year when a few of their contracts expire.. We have proven to the codeshares we have the ability to hire and since new planes are still far out, we need more lift sooner. Announcement after New Years possibly.

4V14T0R
11-29-2018, 08:28 AM
Reliable source told me possibility we will be bringing more airframes online from CPZ next year when a few of their contracts expire.. We have proven to the codeshares we have the ability to hire and since new planes are still far out, we need more lift sooner. Announcement after New Years possibly.

That would be a bit bittersweet but I’ll believe it when I see it. It’s the nature of the business, but I hate to see growth at the expense of another pilot group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random Task
11-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Ooooh I love a fresh rumor

N914FJ
11-29-2018, 02:01 PM
“Reliable source” is wrong. Compass birds aren’t going anywhere except LAX SEA and PHX.

TheWeatherman
11-29-2018, 03:34 PM
I can confirm............... this is the latest rumor everybody is talking about. They need to talk about something since TSA acquisition is dead in the water.

FollowMe
11-29-2018, 04:18 PM
I have it on good authority that ink is on paper for YX to operate as the first ever Southwest Shuttle carrier. Includes a career path but only available to pilots without a degree.

Excargodog
11-29-2018, 07:15 PM
“Reliable source” is wrong. Compass birds aren’t going anywhere except LAX SEA and PHX.
More to the point, the flying currently being done isn't going anywhere, particularly with Delta initiating their A-220 service mostly in the East. While Compass can certainly place their aircraft with whatever pilot group they wish, moving around the people from Calgary and Victoria to San Diego and Salt Lake City to Phoenix is a whole lot more problematic.

So, yeah, the planes can go to any regional that can have bases far enough west to support the flying routes, but it's difficult to see Republic or Endeavor doing that without expanding bases westward. Skywest seems a likelier target. They already have 170 Delta Connection aircraft as well as bases in Seattle, LAX, PHX, and a number of other cities in the West.

MrFriendly7
11-30-2018, 05:59 AM
I have it on good authority that ink is on paper for YX to operate as the first ever Southwest Shuttle carrier. Includes a career path but only available to pilots without a degree.

Lol only to pilots without a degree!:p

A southwest flow would be nice! But who needs it when they pick up our guys quick anyway

fortyeight
11-30-2018, 08:02 AM

Without a degree? lmfao ok

MrFriendly7
11-30-2018, 11:07 AM
Without a degree? lmfao ok

He is being sarcastic Im fairly sure lol

fortyeight
11-30-2018, 02:33 PM
He is being sarcastic Im fairly sure lol

I certainly hope so lol

Viking6
11-30-2018, 10:22 PM
Rumors are fun!

I’ve heard the Southwest rumor numerous times. Sounds like they will be opening 10 new outstation bases to support the Southwest flying. Also hats will be banned, but you will be required to wear wings on uniform shirt.

The Compass rumor is from 2013, and management decided against the west coast flying. They have mountains and hippies out there, and far to many Planned Parenthoods.

KSCessnaDriver
12-01-2018, 11:16 AM

Planes aren’t tied to flying. It would make a lot of sense for DL to move the CPZ 175s to YX in NYC/east coast, and move the OO 175s west...

glassnpowder98
12-02-2018, 04:27 AM
Lol only to pilots without a degree!:p

A southwest flow would be nice! But who needs it when they pick up our guys quick anyway

I wouldn’t call 10+ year Republic pilots going to Southwest “quick”. However they do seem to really like our guys/gals and it has been a great option for our pilots to get out when the big three aren’t knocking and starting to feel like they’re stuck here.

TheWeatherman
12-02-2018, 06:23 AM
I wouldn’t call 10+ year Republic pilots going to Southwest “quick”. However they do seem to really like our guys/gals and it has been a great option for our pilots to get out when the big three aren’t knocking and starting to feel like they’re stuck here.
Those here 15 to 20 years due to the lost decade would disagree with you. Sure, it is not "quick" to someone starting within the last 5 years. But it is for anybody who has been here longer then that.

glassnpowder98
12-02-2018, 01:37 PM
Those here 15 to 20 years due to the lost decade would disagree with you. Sure, it is not "quick" to someone starting within the last 5 years. But it is for anybody who has been here longer then that.

We’re on the same page. The original post made it sound like if you come to Republic you can get to Southwest quick. Unless you’re prior mil, I don’t think they’ve hired anyone with less than 8-10 years on property here. They have hired a ton of lost decade guys, which is awesome.

MooseAg03
12-02-2018, 04:05 PM
For future reference, how long has it taken prior mil guys to make the jump to SWA?

Tpinks
12-02-2018, 07:48 PM
For future reference, how long has it taken prior mil guys to make the jump to SWA?

Probably a checkride. Had a guy in my class do his checkride and two days later was at an American Interview. Didn't even get signed off of OE before he was gone.

glassnpowder98
12-03-2018, 04:11 AM

After some light research, 28 pilots have been hired by Southwest in 2018, 5 of them being FO’s- it’s safe to assume those were most likely MIL. Recently there was a 2016 hire FO, prior MIL, that moved on to Southwest. Fun fact: Spirit has also hired 28 of our pilots this year, making Spirit and Southwest the most common places our pilots move on to.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1