Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : SLC commute to SEA

Prestigeww
11-30-2018, 12:19 PM
First post on APC. About to throw applications out and I'm having a tough time figuring out what the best course of action is. I would like to commute from SLC since its home, wondering if anyone knows if its feasible? I'm sure the first few months on reserve will be tough but will it get better holding a line?

I've considered Skywest but it seems like I might never see the WEST and always commute back east. I'd rather always commute to SEA than get teased about holding slc (After upgrade too). Thoughts? Thanks in advance

WhiteH2O
11-30-2018, 12:39 PM
SEA-SLC shouldn't be too bad of a commute. There are normally over 10 flights a day on Alaska and Delta. Not sure how full they normally are, but with a few connecting flights as backup, should be do-able.

Reserve won't be fun, but it never is when you aren't based at home. Once you can hold a line, it will be a lot better, but plan on having to find a place to stay at least a few days a month due to not having a good commuting option for the first or last day of a trip.

Av8rPHX
11-30-2018, 06:36 PM
If you want SEA,consider Compass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1