Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Just got a call!!!!

jetlag q
11-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Endeavor called saying they are pushing my start date back by six months! Pretty upset.

flydiamond
11-30-2018, 12:42 PM
Endeavor called saying they are pushing my start date back by six months! Pretty ****-ed!

Similar things have been happening at Republic. This seems contrary to what we were told would be happening, though.

prex8390
11-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Well, sorry to hear that but that doesn’t surprise me when we are pretty over staffed and offering TOWOP. Why keep adding bodies to the seniority list when our attrition is stagnant.

Yumyum
11-30-2018, 01:55 PM
Don’t wait! Get your time and get out. Things are getting a little strange around here. Apparently we just lost our Golden Touch transportation and no growth news.
They did give us 50 bucks for transportation which means if you are on reserve...ouch! Hmm...glad we gave up that co-domicile.

theUpsideDown
11-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Golden touch is gone?

prex8390
11-30-2018, 02:08 PM
Golden touch is gone?

Yup read the FOU. $50 a month stipend now and only for NYC crews. From my time in New York I can tell you that will be blown in a about a week. TW mentioned it in ground last week and I said basically what I said here. Kinda gave a stuttered response and moved on. I don’t think anyone in the C Tower has any clue how expensive New York transportation is. This is gonna be the next cluster. It should be more like $150 a month.

SlamClicker
11-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Endeavor called saying they are pushing my start date back by six months! Pretty upset.

From when to when?

Yumyum
11-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Yup read the FOU. $50 a month stipend now and only for NYC crews. From my time in New York I can tell you that will be blown in a about a week. TW mentioned it in ground last week and I said basically what I said here. Kinda gave a stuttered response and moved on. I don’t think anyone in the C Tower has any clue how expensive New York transportation is. This is gonna be the next cluster. It should be more like $150 a month.

Yeah 150 would definitely be enough. This is going to be harsh for some NY commuters. What ever happened to Lyft or Uber?

Jecain7
11-30-2018, 02:36 PM
They called me and I asked them to take me off the list. No big deal.

theUpsideDown
11-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Yeah 150 would definitely be enough. This is going to be harsh for some NY commuters. What ever happened to Lyft or Uber?

Insurance. And Lawyers.

The insurance (which golden touch has btw) is painfully high when dealing with amateur drivers being an unknown quality. No one wants to be holding the bag when uber or lyft kills one of us, and the courts have held companys liable for employees travel is circumstances close to ours.

This'll be fun.

42jeff
11-30-2018, 03:43 PM
Even if you started today you still wouldn't get through the sims in 6 months

jetlag q
11-30-2018, 03:54 PM
From when to when?

Jan to sep

terminalgoods
11-30-2018, 04:36 PM
Wow.

I missed the call earlier. I’m assuming the same news. Cest la vie

Boats and Hos
11-30-2018, 06:48 PM
The NYC transport issue is a paycut. We keep going backwards now. Firstly, the DH seating issue now this. TW is an a-hole as is RE. This is honestly another slap in the face by our terrible management. So many options which are rubbish. This place is turning into the place it was before. 50$ a month is an insult AND a slap in the face. So, get busy crying about it or do something about it. We need to start fighting back because enough is enough with EDV and the rubbish they keep piling on us now. How quickly things can change. So much for our flight path and core principles. Very dissappointed in this company.

gojo
11-30-2018, 07:47 PM
The NYC transport issue is a paycut. We keep going backwards now. Firstly, the DH seating issue now this. TW is an a-hole as is RE. This is honestly another slap in the face by our terrible management. So many options which are rubbish. This place is turning into the place it was before. 50$ a month is an insult AND a slap in the face. So, get busy crying about it or do something about it. We need to start fighting back because enough is enough with EDV and the rubbish they keep piling on us now. How quickly things can change. So much for our flight path and core principles. Very dissappointed in this company.

For me the Golden Touch van rarely worked for me. I almost always ended up springing for a taxi or doing the Airporter or whatever it’s called now. $50.00 will help cover some of that expense. Unfortunately, it’s going to hurt the junior pilots that are on reserve the most. I think Kew Cabs will eat that up in about 4 trips. I wonder how they came up with $50.00 per person? At any rate, I believe the closer we get to the A220’s coming on line, the less they will need us in New York.

web500sjc
11-30-2018, 07:47 PM
Everyone complains about golden touch, first we complained about how terrible it was, now we complain about how terrible the replacement is.

flydiamond
11-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Everyone complains about golden touch, first we complained about how terrible it was, now we complain about how terrible the replacement is.

The new policy will benefit most of the pilots greatly (basically anyone at least half way up the fo or ca list in nyc who is senior enough to get commutable trips or a specific codomicile airport) but *severely* hurt those pilots who commute to reserve and stay in Kew Gardens. For those pilots, the golden touch shuttle worked pretty well if you worked your commute around it. I simply think the company intended well but is totally out of touch with the price of transportation in nyc. Even public transportation is expensive, with only the LIRR stopping in “prime” Kew Gardens. How is this an enhancement if it’s cost neutral? The size of the base has grown, company should have invested more into the Golden Touch shuttle. This wouldn’t be as big a blow if It wasn’t happening in such a moment of stagnancy but there is no relief in sight for our reserve pilots right now...

AimHigh1
12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
$50 in exchange for no shuttle is a complete slap in the face.

100% agree.

That's 3-4 rides from JFK/LGA to Kew and 1-2 rides from JFK/LGA...:mad:

ninerdriver
12-01-2018, 09:47 AM
The new policy will benefit most of the pilots greatly (basically anyone at least half way up the fo or ca list in nyc who is senior enough to get commutable trips or a specific codomicile airport) but *severely* hurt those pilots who commute to reserve and stay in Kew Gardens. For those pilots, the golden touch shuttle worked pretty well if you worked your commute around it. I simply think the company intended well but is totally out of touch with the price of transportation in nyc. Even public transportation is expensive, with only the LIRR stopping in “prime” Kew Gardens. How is this an enhancement if it’s cost neutral? The size of the base has grown, company should have invested more into the Golden Touch shuttle. This wouldn’t be as big a blow if It wasn’t happening in such a moment of stagnancy but there is no relief in sight for our reserve pilots right now...

$50 gets you round-trip from Kew to either JFK or LGA nine times on the MTA. The Q10 is a slam dunk down Lefferts to JFK. The E/F-train to the Q70 to LGA is more of a pain, but it's doable.

I used the MTA for several months when I was on winter reserve in Kew because the shuttle schedule sucked. $50 would have gone a lot further for me on reserve than the shuttle ever did.

I now often use the MTA to get between LGA and JFK for the same reason. I'll take the $50 over the ride that rarely aligns well with my commute.

For those who are saying "I'll never ride a bus", stop. I'm not happy that this isn't a Lyft account or an hourly shuttle, either. That being said, we should like babies when we say sh*t like that.

PotatoChip
12-01-2018, 10:03 AM
I really don’t understand all the complaints. The company doesn’t have to provide ANYTHING. I’ve been based in many metro areas (JFK, PHL, ORD) and was just told “get to work”.
Anything we get is nice. The previously provided shuttle was a $700,000/year contract, and it kinda sucked IMO. I’ve used Golden Touch for four years at other places and never liked them. Any company saying, “Hey, we know NY sucks, so here’s $50 to get to/from work/crash pad” seems cool to me....

flyingmau5
12-01-2018, 10:07 AM
I really don’t understand all the complaints. The company doesn’t have to provide ANYTHING. I’ve been based in many metro areas (JFK, PHL, ORD) and was just told “get to work”.
Anything we get is nice. The previously provided shuttle was a $700,000/year contract, and it kinda sucked IMO. I’ve used Golden Touch for four years at other places and never liked them. Any company saying, “Hey, we know NY sucks, so here’s $50 to get to/from work/crash pad” seems cool to me....

Well, we are pilots. ;)

JulesWinfield
12-01-2018, 10:23 AM

Co domicile.

PotatoChip
12-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Co domicile.

So?
The company still deadheads crews when they start and end at opposite airports. This doesn’t affect that.

Green Needles
12-01-2018, 01:03 PM
$50 gets you round-trip from Kew to either JFK or LGA nine times on the MTA. The Q10 is a slam dunk down Lefferts to JFK. The E/F-train to the Q70 to LGA is more of a pain, but it's doable.

I used the MTA for several months when I was on winter reserve in Kew because the shuttle schedule sucked. $50 would have gone a lot further for me on reserve than the shuttle ever did.

I now often use the MTA to get between LGA and JFK for the same reason. I'll take the $50 over the ride that rarely aligns well with my commute.

For those who are saying "I'll never ride a bus", stop. I'm not happy that this isn't a Lyft account or an hourly shuttle, either. That being said, we should like babies when we say sh*t like that.

Remember when we were sold codomicile with the TA, we were promised a corporate Uber or Lyft account. That's a legit reason to complain.

flydiamond
12-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Remember when we were sold codomicile with the TA, we were promised a corporate Uber or Lyft account. That's a legit reason to complain.

Exactly. Lots of People had their crashpads near the purple bus route near LGA or in South Ozone near JFK.

ninerdriver
12-01-2018, 01:35 PM

It is, and I agree. When we complain about having to ride the bus because we were promised Lyft and then sold down the river by the MEC, then we sound like we have a legit problem.

When we complain about having to ride the bus because it's public transportation, though, then we sound out of touch. That won't earn us sympathy from anyone.

theUpsideDown
12-01-2018, 02:02 PM
It is, and I agree. When we complain about having to ride the bus because we were promised Lyft and then sold down the river by the MEC, then we sound like we have a legit problem.

When we complain about having to ride the bus because it's public transportation, though, then we sound out of touch. That won't earn us sympathy from anyone.

Look at the big brains on brad! (Kids ask your parents)

SlamClicker
12-01-2018, 05:11 PM

What?

Filler

dera
12-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Tarantino quotes always cheer up a thread :)

theUpsideDown
12-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Tarantino quotes always cheer up a thread :)

What do you call a quarter pounder in France.

Let's jeep it going.

KelvinHelmholtz
12-01-2018, 05:42 PM
What do you call a quarter pounder in France.

Let's jeep it going.

Royale with cheese!

Yumyum
12-01-2018, 06:09 PM

WTF is this? You are a newbie. I’ve walked blocks in the winter shared a effing nasty arse subway cab with a slum scum. Way before golden touch was around I might add. You don’t know how to commute! All the Kew guys/gals just got the shaft.

dera
12-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Royale with cheese!

It's because of the metric system.

theUpsideDown
12-01-2018, 06:19 PM
It's because of the metric system.

What'do they call a Big Mac?

StandardBrief
12-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Actually...its Brett.

Check out the big brain on Brett.

dera
12-01-2018, 06:26 PM
What'do they call a Big Mac?

I don't know... a Big Mac?

Le Big Mac!

theUpsideDown
12-01-2018, 06:54 PM
I don't know... a Big Mac?

Le Big Mac!

What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Avroman
12-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Or stop feeding the beast and refuse to bid NYC. If forced to it, there are other companies hiring.

Bartok
12-01-2018, 07:08 PM

No we weren’t.

They said they were talking about it.

If they had sold it as part of the TA it would be in the Contract now.

Yumyum
12-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Or stop feeding the beast and refuse to bid NYC. If forced to it, there are other companies hiring.

Nah they like being TAXED

KSCessnaDriver
12-01-2018, 07:18 PM
What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Do they speak English in What?

Shadre Reevis
12-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Remember when we were sold codomicile with the TA, we were promised a corporate Uber or Lyft account. That's a legit reason to complain.If you were promised something it would be in writing. I hate when people vote for something that isn't in writing. Stupidity or naivety, I can't decide which it is.

Yumyum
12-01-2018, 07:34 PM
If you were promised something it would be in writing. I hate when people vote for something that isn't in writing. Stupidity or naivety, I can't decide which it is.

That’s the game. Until ALPA steps up and shuts this down...regionals will downsize and die.

Green Needles
12-01-2018, 07:49 PM
No we weren’t.

They said they were talking about it.

If they had sold it as part of the TA it would be in the Contract now.

I clearly remember one of the roadshows talking with them, they said we'd be getting a one of those accounts. People wondered why I was skeptical because it was not in writing. Like I said then, if it isn't in writing, it won't happen. Delta will never give us anything that costs money that's not contractually obligated.

I'm not NYC based and never will be, but I still care about anything that's a detriment to anyone in our pilot group.

Bartok
12-02-2018, 03:44 AM
I clearly remember one of the roadshows talking with them, they said we'd be getting a one of those accounts. People wondered why I was skeptical because it was not in writing. Like I said then, if it isn't in writing, it won't happen. Delta will never give us anything that costs money that's not contractually obligated.

I'm not NYC based and never will be, but I still care about anything that's a detriment to anyone in our pilot group.

They said they were talking to them about it.

Wasn’t part of any deal.

theUpsideDown
12-02-2018, 05:32 AM
They said they were talking to them about it.

Wasn’t part of any deal.

I was there too, it wasn't a part of any deal like you say. Both times i listened to the union they made it clear we were working on a promise for better travel.

Even if they did promise, greenneedles, what does that count. Weve got guys here that were promised their lack of 4 yr degree wouldn't count against them for the DGI. They were actually lied to because the company wasnt in a position to promise anything. If you have some of the emails sent around or the all pilotconference calls those will do the same.

notmpet
12-02-2018, 12:26 PM
How can endeavor do this when they're going to be doing 50% of dci flying omgerd one serventy fervs

ninerdriver
12-02-2018, 04:27 PM
How can endeavor do this when they're going to be doing 50% of dci flying omgerd one serventy fervs

Dude, welcome back! I'm glad to see they let you out of your cage once in a while.

notmpet
12-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Dude, welcome back! I'm glad to see they let you out of your cage once in a while.

The only people in a cage are the two 9e FOs in my basement

theUpsideDown
12-02-2018, 05:52 PM
The only people in a cage are the two 9e FOs in my basement

Oh God, whats the safe word?

notmpet
12-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Oh God, whats the safe word?

As if I'd give FO scum that courtesy

darkman62
12-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Bananas 🍌............

terminalgoods
12-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Late January class is now late September. Same news, overstaffed and focusing on upgrades.

theUpsideDown
12-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Bananas 🍌............

Sea cucumber!