Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Rumor has it flow to Southwest

MrFriendly7
12-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Heard through the grape vine. Republic working on flow with Southwest! :cool:

pilot2804
12-01-2018, 08:55 PM
But how ripe is this vine?

4V14T0R
12-02-2018, 05:32 AM

We were working on flow or an interview with United but that didnít end good. They wanted something similar to Mesa which is BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jungle Jim
12-02-2018, 05:45 AM
But how ripe is this vine?

Ripe as a truck stop bathroom

TheWeatherman
12-02-2018, 06:43 AM
If true, this would be a huge recruiting tool.

GuardPolice
12-02-2018, 07:35 AM
I donít work for either carrier, but I would be beyond shocked if SWA agreed to any kind of a flow that doesnít require additional screening prior to getting into one of their classes. Their culture is quality-controlled through their highly selective interview process. I currently refuse to believe they would give up that control.

4V14T0R
12-02-2018, 07:43 AM
I donít work for either carrier, but I would be beyond shocked if SWA agreed to any kind of a flow that doesnít require additional screening prior to getting into one of their classes. Their culture is quality-controlled through their highly selective interview process. I currently refuse to believe they would give that up that control.

I agree, if anything it would probably be a guaranteed interview or application review.

itsmytime
12-02-2018, 07:57 AM
If true, this would be a huge recruiting tool.

Republic is not having any issues with recruiting pilots.

PotatoChip
12-02-2018, 08:08 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay.

TheWeatherman
12-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Republic is not having any issues with recruiting pilots.
Didn't say they were.

BarrySeal
12-02-2018, 10:25 AM
you know they fly on behalf of American, yes ?

pilot2804
12-02-2018, 11:06 AM
YX has a similar culture to SWA thatís why most of our pilots go to SWA. One airframe, similar company culture - SWA LUVs is

sMFer
12-02-2018, 12:08 PM
As a pilot for SW, this is comical. Yíall are getting seriously trolled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PotatoChip
12-02-2018, 12:38 PM
YX has a similar culture to SWA thatís why most of our pilots go to SWA. One airframe, similar company culture - SWA LUVs is

Riiiiiiight okay.

Lostboys97
12-02-2018, 12:44 PM
The only similarity in the two companies is they both have bean counters making the decisions. While GK is a huge step up from BB, heís still no Herb....

DarkSideMoon
12-02-2018, 12:57 PM

Iíve heard that from people at literally every regional airline.

deftone
12-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Surely our mainline partners would object to a flow to their competitor? They dont have a controlling stake but it could be a sticking point come contract renewal time?

TJBrass
12-03-2018, 06:21 AM
Similar to the RJET to Delta Flow. "Send us your resume, and we'll take a look at it."

Random Task
12-03-2018, 10:10 AM
I don't think OP has even finished indoc.

TheWeatherman
12-03-2018, 10:22 AM
So in other words he would be in the exact right location to hear this from credible sources?

Tigflt17
12-03-2018, 11:48 AM

Yeah, the same guy that said he hasnít been in nothing but good hotels during training, but yet wasnít even at ATP yet. And the same guy that was glorifying the Super 8 before actually staying there. Hope the ownerís coughing/sneezing/hacking tasted good in your dinner.

MantisToboggan
12-03-2018, 11:56 AM

I can imagine the board room......

"Republic has a similar culture to us. Let's establish a flow"

FollowMe
12-03-2018, 11:59 AM
I can imagine the board room......

"Republic has a similar culture to us. Let's establish a flow"

https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_500/MI0000/157/MI0000157704.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

amcnd
12-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Ok. I know that multiple regionals approached SWA about some type of ďflowĒ .. the SWA flt ops managers were into it. It went up the chain to the top and they shot it down. Do to regional pilots flying DL/AA/UA passengers, not bringing value/revenue to SWA.. So it was dropped..

ORD170
12-03-2018, 05:46 PM
No flow at SWA. I could possibly see a interview guarantee, but honestly thatís not even close to a flow. I donít think the purse string holders at YX would allow a flow with SWA either. I heard the same rumor about Skywest though, from senior DAL Capt.

I thought you guys got something like endeavor with Delta?

MrFriendly7
12-03-2018, 09:51 PM
So in other words he would be in the exact right location to hear this from credible sources?

Indocs been done. Super 8 was awesome. Great new freshly remodeled hotel rooms. Had free breakfast, great dinners and blue moon draft beers. Nothing to complain about. This rumor is from the big man himself. Anyways Ill let the negative nancys continue whining. Good day!

TheWeatherman
12-04-2018, 03:48 AM
Indocs been done. Super 8 was awesome. Great new freshly remodeled hotel rooms. Had free breakfast, great dinners and blue moon draft beers. Nothing to complain about. This rumor is from the big man himself. Anyways Ill let the negative nancys continue whining. Good day!
Cool story bro. Despite you being an obvious troll, my statement still stands. Just because somebody is in indoc doesn’t discount a rumor any more then somebody on the line who hasn’t run across any leadership from the company in a year.

KCaviator
12-04-2018, 07:20 AM

So Jesus told you?

PotatoChip
12-04-2018, 07:32 AM
So Jesus told you?

Donít you mean Santa??

Tigflt17
12-04-2018, 08:50 AM

More like orientation and not Indoc. Thatís later. New freshly remodeled ďhotel roomsĒ?? So you went into every room??? Free breakfast? Yeah food in the trash can is free doesnít mean itís good. Great dinners? So a gallon of grease in your taco meat is great? Chicken pasta that youíre lucky if the chicken is cooked. Iíd hate to fly with this guy.

pilot2804
12-04-2018, 11:06 AM
More like orientation and not Indoc. Thatís later. New freshly remodeled ďhotel roomsĒ?? So you went into every room??? Free breakfast? Yeah food in the trash can is free doesnít mean itís good. Great dinners? So a gallon of grease in your taco meat is great? Chicken pasta that youíre lucky if the chicken is cooked. Iíd hate to fly with this guy.

Iíd hate to fly with the guy who complains about every little thing rather than the guy who finds the good out of the bad ya know
Could be worse. Could be at a time where weíre getting paid $22/hr with no quality of life, paying for training out of pocket and not getting free beer (which is the best)

Canít be that CA/FO who always looks at the bad side of everything. Enjoy your job man, itís better than what 99 percent of Americans have

pilotdream90
12-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Iíd hate to fly with the guy who complains about every little thing rather than the guy who finds the good out of the bad ya know
Could be worse. Could be at a time where weíre getting paid $22/hr with no quality of life, paying for training out of pocket and not getting free beer (which is the best)

Canít be that CA/FO who always looks at the bad side of everything. Enjoy your job man, itís better than what 99 percent of Americans have

I want to fly with you!!!

ORD170
12-04-2018, 02:01 PM
So Jesus told you?

Most likely BB received the call from Jesus. Iím sure none of the YX training / management staff would lie. Theyíve never done that!

DarkSideMoon
12-04-2018, 02:05 PM

Thereís a difference between complaining all the time and just rolling over and accepting every crappy hotel a company throws at you. Every regional will push hotel costs and other amenities as low as they can until thereís a significant pushback or it hurts retention/hiring. Theyíd make you sleep on a board in the airplane if they could get away with it.

rickair7777
12-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Ok. I know that multiple regionals approached SWA about some type of ďflowĒ .. the SWA flt ops managers were into it. It went up the chain to the top and they shot it down. Do to regional pilots flying DL/AA/UA passengers, not bringing value/revenue to SWA.. So it was dropped..

No flow at SWA. I could possibly see a interview guarantee, but honestly thatís not even close to a flow. I donít think the purse string holders at YX would allow a flow with SWA either. I heard the same rumor about Skywest though, from senior DAL Capt.

I thought you guys got something like endeavor with Delta?

Flow was seriously considered with skywest... in conjunction with a SWA express service, operated exclusively by OO. They did say the cultures were compatible.

But that was before the recession, everything got put on hold and never revisited since.

MrFriendly7
12-04-2018, 06:18 PM

Thats what Im saying. These guys have to be single because no one trying to be near that!

My room was new. The food was good. I was suprised. The draft beer was even better. Indoc was great. Servando is the man. Rest of the crew too. Loving my free ipad and benefits. I was a flight instructor so you guys have no idea. Sound like a bunch of spoiled sheltered mommas boys. Have a good day! I only come on here end of the night. Enjoying life everyday too busy for the peanut gallery. You all complaining have no idea what some people got. Need a reality check. Step into the real world instead of living in that bubble life of yours. Pathetic. My 2 yr old is tougher than you.

tomgoodman
12-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Theyíd make you sleep on a board in the airplane if they could get away with it.

They give you a board now? In the airplane? We only had a sheet of newspaper...under the wing! And the wing leaked! :p

814Pilot
12-05-2018, 01:31 AM

From the sounds of it, I would rather fly with him than you. Heís much more positive.

aviatormjc
12-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Back in the day we used to take our rollerboard and put it in the aisle and remove cushions from the seats to lay across and get sleep because the company didnít give us hotels. Times have changed.

Tigflt17
12-05-2018, 07:18 AM
From the sounds of it, I would rather fly with him than you. Heís much more positive.

Far from it. Iím a very positive person. Iíve had no issues with anything here, other than the Super 8. Doesnít help when you tell the owner you have mold, your fridge smells horrendous, your toilet seat is barely hanging on, and your chair is broke, come back weeks later, get the same room with the same issues. It seems the ratio is 2 good rooms to 1 bad room.

Republic is a great company with a lot of great people, loviní it here.

MrFriendly7
12-05-2018, 08:16 AM

👍🤙 cheers bud, friendly skies!

SlamClicker
12-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Thats what Im saying. These guys have to be single because no one trying to be near that!

My room was new. The food was good. I was suprised. The draft beer was even better. Indoc was great. Servando is the man. Rest of the crew too. Loving my free ipad and benefits. I was a flight instructor so you guys have no idea. Sound like a bunch of spoiled sheltered mommas boys. Have a good day! I only come on here end of the night. Enjoying life everyday too busy for the peanut gallery. You all complaining have no idea what some people got. Need a reality check. Step into the real world instead of living in that bubble life of yours. Pathetic. My 2 yr old is tougher than you.

I wonder what he will say after a year on the line.

ORD170
12-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Flow was seriously considered with skywest... in conjunction with a SWA express service, operated exclusively by OO. They did say the cultures were compatible.

But that was before the recession, everything got put on hold and never revisited since.

I think the culture at OO is probably closer to SWA, but both are popular at SWA. The majority of civilians in my new hire class were from OO, but YX was a very close second. I guess my point is it doesnít take a flow to get to SWA, but you will have to put in some effort. I donít see a flow at SWA, at least not like the flow at AA WOs.

TransWorld
12-05-2018, 09:01 AM
They give you a board now? In the airplane? We only had a sheet of newspaper...under the wing! And the wing leaked! :p

Sounds like the Connie! Fill up with oil, check the gas.

MrFriendly7
12-05-2018, 06:55 PM
I wonder what he will say after a year on the line.

Definitely not be living in a hole of depression like you. 🤣

You know if you hate it that much you can quit.

Viking6
12-06-2018, 06:23 AM

Maybe he just respects himself more then you respect yourself. You will learn about depression once you have been on reserve for a year. Enjoy the kool aid during training.

814Pilot
12-06-2018, 06:49 AM
Maybe he just respects himself more then you respect yourself. You will learn about depression once you have been on reserve for a year. Enjoy the kool aid during training.

Youíre doing something wrong if youíre on reserve for a year.

MrFriendly7
12-06-2018, 07:45 AM

Ill update you on reserve. No one sitting a year unless they special like yourself. Respect myself? No Im just not a sheltered. Been through stuff way worse than a remodeled super 8. Are you serious? Im done going back and forth. Try to enjoy your life, I know I will.

Viking6
12-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Youíre doing something wrong if youíre on reserve for a year.

Oh Iím not on reserve. I live in base and hold a junior captain line. No one has any idea what reserve will be in a year. Regardless you will be on reserve for more then a year once you upgrade.

My reply was in response to the kool-aid drinker replying to another poster.

sflpilot
12-08-2018, 04:22 AM

Gotta love those overweight hoosiers in IND!

sMFer
12-08-2018, 07:48 AM

But that was before the recession, everything got put on hold and never revisited since.No, it wasn't considered. Nor was a SWA Express considered. Please stop. Little thing called Scope.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

FollowMe
12-08-2018, 12:07 PM
No, it wasn't considered. Nor was a SWA Express considered. Please stop. Little thing called Scope.

Nah bro, heís a pro so heís got a lot more inside industry information than the rest of us. Iím sure he was in a meeting where SWAPA agreed to loosen scope for OO only, because the culture fit was just too good to deny.

sMFer
12-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Nah bro, heís a pro so heís got a lot more inside industry information than the rest of us. Iím sure he was in a meeting where SWAPA agreed to loosen scope for OO only, because the culture fit was just too good to deny.

Very valid points. So valid that I forgot to consider them...weíd obviously agree to loosen scope as to attain RJís in orange paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SlamClicker
12-09-2018, 05:40 PM

Do you drink koolaid or actual flavor aid?
Let us know how it tastes after a concession, a furlough and a bankruptcy - donít worry YX has experience at all three.
I really do hope you donít experience any of those in your hopefully long career - but odds are not in your favor.

And I donít hate it, I quite enjoy it actually - have for 15+ years, despite your fallacy suggesting otherwise.

Da172
12-10-2018, 07:53 AM

No one is asking you to eat it and Iím pretty sure you ate it every single day!!!

rickair7777
12-10-2018, 08:14 AM
No, it wasn't considered. Nor was a SWA Express considered. Please stop. Little thing called Scope.

It most certainly was considered, and SWAPA was in the discussion. The selling point was that regional feed could expand the business model, benefiting everyone including pilots due to growth at "mainline". The concept could not have proceeded without SWAPA agreeing to modify their scope, and I have no idea if they would have done that. It's entirely possible that SWAPA leadership could have been sold on the business case, but then had the whole thing shot out from under them by the broader pilot group. It would of course be hard to get an entire pilot group to accept scope roll-back.

At the time, if it had moved forward, I believe it would have resulted in SKW ultimately dropping all other regional feed and becoming the sole SWA-express partner, basically exiting the regional industry and becoming a key partner with SWA (legacy hub-and-spoke regional feed economics would not apply). In that context pilot flow would make sense.

Captain Slow
12-10-2018, 08:26 AM
It most certainly was considered, and SWAPA was in the discussion. The selling point was that regional feed could expand the business model, benefiting everyone including pilots due to growth at "mainline". The concept could not have proceeded without SWAPA agreeing to modify their scope, and I have no idea if they would have done that. It's entirely possible that SWAPA leadership could have been sold on the business case, but then had the whole thing shot out from under them by the broader pilot group. It would of course be hard to get an entire pilot group to accept scope roll-back.

At the time, if it had moved forward, I believe it would have resulted in SKW ultimately dropping all other regional feed and becoming the sole SWA-express partner, basically exiting the regional industry and becoming a key partner with SWA (legacy hub-and-spoke regional feed economics would not apply). In that context pilot flow would make sense.

Iím not sure what youíre on, but dude.

Pass the pipe. That stuff must be good.

cf105
12-10-2018, 02:06 PM

this guy is on something stroooong the Mexican cartels aren't distributing yet.

TangoIndiaMike1
12-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Skywest has $70 million now from expressjet. Maybe they will buy Republic and have a flow to Skywest.

pilotnicco
12-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Skywest has $70 million now from expressjet. Maybe they will buy Republic and have a flow to Skywest.

Your troll game is on point, I'll give ya that!! Haha!

sMFer
12-19-2018, 01:29 PM
You're outta your mind if you truly believe that. Zero chance SWAPA or our pilot group would've loosened scope for anything. Cool story bro.

CattleRattle
12-23-2018, 02:41 PM
This is good, anyone know of a good crash pads in Baltimore.... prob should get on it early.

rickair7777
12-23-2018, 03:39 PM
You're outta your mind if you truly believe that. Zero chance SWAPA or our pilot group would've loosened scope for anything. Cool story bro.

I tend to agree.

But you guys are revising history pretending the discussion never occurred. Guess you have to do that to keep the regional mystique alive. Or maybe your guys didn't clue you in.

DiveAndDrive
12-27-2018, 07:18 AM
WN 737 at our hangar yesterday. Just for all you conspiracy theorists out there. 😝

ninerdriver
12-27-2018, 07:25 AM
WN 737 at our hangar yesterday. Just for all you conspiracy theorists out there. 😝

YX buying WN. You heard it here first.

Lostboys97
12-27-2018, 05:02 PM

The AAR hangar in indy?

Longhornmaniac8
12-27-2018, 06:31 PM
Since it's already at the top -- I wish this thread would die. Lol.

Tpinks
12-29-2018, 05:36 PM

We sublease a hangar position to Southwest in Pittsburgh.

Rahlifer
12-30-2018, 06:52 AM
I refuse to believe any rumors unless itís substantiated by at least two flight attendants. One of whom must be dating a super senior check airman.

Viking6
12-30-2018, 10:56 PM
I saw a TACA jet at our hangar in IND yesterday. I was pretty sure TACA was buying Republic, but after talking to some of the ground school instructors at the training center, Iím certain we are buying TACA.

Brush up on your Spanish, and buy a gun for the El Salvado outstation bases. I bet we get to staple the pilots to our list, and get to smoke Cohibaís inflight. The only downside I see is that ORD will be very senior for captains and the hotels in El Salvador will probably suck. The company will have a hard time finding a Super Eight down there, so I donít know what we will do about the free breakfast.

DiveAndDrive
12-31-2018, 05:27 AM
I saw a TACA jet at our hangar in IND yesterday. I was pretty sure TACA was buying Republic, but after talking to some of the ground school instructors at the training center, Iím certain we are buying TACA.

Brush up on your Spanish, and buy a gun for the El Salvado outstation bases. I bet we get to staple the pilots to our list, and get to smoke Cohibaís inflight. The only downside I see is that ORD will be very senior for captains and the hotels in El Salvador will probably suck. The company will have a hard time finding a Super Eight down there, so I donít know what we will do about the free breakfast.

😂😂😂😂

Iím not worried about the free breakfast. Iím more concerned about the free beer!!

TheWeatherman
12-31-2018, 07:10 AM
geez, will this stupid thread just die already

planesense
01-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Not as long as someone keeps commenting that it needs to die lol

MrFriendly7
01-07-2019, 06:05 PM
Repeublic has flows everywhere. They polish up great pilots. If you got the goods the majors are hiring!

FlyGood
01-08-2019, 06:26 AM
Repeublic has flows everywhere. They polish up great pilots. If you got the goods the majors are hiring!

Uh huh, a whole 13 civilian hires to the big 3 in 2018...out of a pilot group of 2400 😬😬

MrFriendly7
01-08-2019, 06:27 AM
Uh huh, a whole 13 civilian hires to the big 3 in 2018...out of a pilot group of 2400 😬😬

Real question is how many out of those 2400 applied.

stabapch
01-08-2019, 06:56 AM

You can only get those statistics from the union. That being said those are the pilots that elected to report where they went.

Viking6
01-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Real question is how many out of those 2400 applied.

Most of the pilots at regionals are trying to leave. The big three are being very selective, if youíre not in one of their career progression programs. The majority of captains are going the Southwest, JetBlue, and Spirit (89 total for 2018).

stabapch
01-08-2019, 07:26 AM

You can only get those statistics from the union and those are the only pilots that elected to report where they went. Not an entire representation.

Captain Slow
01-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Uh huh, a whole 13 civilian hires to the big 3 in 2018...out of a pilot group of 2400 [emoji51][emoji51]

Ol friendly is still sloshed on the company koolaid, or he got mad cow from the free tacos at the Plainfield Super Ocho.

Random Task
01-08-2019, 06:49 PM
Ol friendly is still sloshed on the company koolaid, or he got mad cow from the free tacos at the Plainfield Super Ocho.

MrFriendly hasn't even come back from his training break. He's had all of 3 days of indoc

Captain Slow
01-09-2019, 08:47 AM
MrFriendly hasn't even come back from his training break. He's had all of 3 days of indoc

I mean I think this is a great place to work.... but it has itís faults. Heíll learn in due time.

Or heíll get himself plastered in a yoke clip. One or the other. Who knows.