Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Super 8

looseombi
12-06-2018, 06:37 AM
Do yíall know if they have any self serve laundry facilities on site?

DiveAndDrive
12-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Iím about 90% sure they have one washer and dryer.

Jungle Jim
12-06-2018, 07:25 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/lIMxxCj9iWQ9i/giphy.gif

looseombi
12-06-2018, 07:30 AM
Thanks, the reason I ask is they donít specify either way on their website. Also nobody picked up the phone.

MrFriendly7
12-06-2018, 07:47 AM
Thanks, the reason I ask is they donít specify either way on their website. Also nobody picked up the phone.

Trying calling them back. Maybe they were on a line. Someone is always at the front desk.

TheWeatherman
12-06-2018, 07:57 AM
First of all, thanks for creating a thread specifically IRT the laundry facilities at the Super 8. I am sure this information will add to the richness of this already esteemed forum. Many people come here daily looking for this specific type of information, so I am asking the mods to pin this thread to the top please.

About the laundry facilities. Yes, they have 1 washer and a dryer that mostly dries your clothes. Who wants them all the way dry any way? You will also have to fight a few schetchy guys to get in your turn. Some may or may not be homeless. Btw, I was missing 1 sock and 2 pairs of underwear when I picked up my clothes from the dryer. I was thinking of asking a dirty looking middle aged man in the corner who was acting suspicious if he stole them, but thought it was better to just let him have them. My goal in life is to be the recipient of fewer stabbings.

SpringLanding
12-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Does republic put up pilots at super 8 on overnights? Is that typical of the quality of hotels you get as a pilot there?

4V14T0R
12-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Does republic put up pilots at super 8 on overnights? Is that typical of the quality of hotels you get as a pilot there?

No Super 8 on layovers, if so we wouldíve been out of there years ago. The quality of hotels is typically much better than the Super 8. The only reason the Super 8 is even one of our hotels is because there are no other good options given how many hotels we need on any given night. There is a very strong push to get us the hell out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looseombi
12-06-2018, 06:00 PM
First of all, thanks for creating a thread specifically IRT the laundry facilities at the Super 8. I am sure this information will add to the richness of this already esteemed forum. Many people come here daily looking for this specific type of information, so I am asking the mods to pin this thread to the top please.

About the laundry facilities. Yes, they have 1 washer and a dryer that mostly dries your clothes. Who wants them all the way dry any way? You will also have to fight a few schetchy guys to get in your turn. Some may or may not be homeless. Btw, I was missing 1 sock and 2 pairs of underwear when I picked up my clothes from the dryer. I was thinking of asking a dirty looking middle aged man in the corner who was acting suspicious if he stole them, but thought it was better to just let him have them. My goal in life is to be the recipient of fewer stabbings.

So much to look forward to....

DiveAndDrive
12-06-2018, 07:13 PM

Just to clarify, itís a hotel we use for training in IND. The same guy owns the Airport Suites, the Wingate, and The Eight. Iím sure there are deals on deals on deals for the volume we put into these hotels.

Jungle Jim
12-06-2018, 07:44 PM

Super 8 is only for the most important pilots...the ones on training pay.

TwinTandem
12-08-2018, 03:59 PM
$1 for wash and $1 for dryer. Keep dryer on high and you should be good. Worked fine for me. Just bring your study materials in the lobby and check on them from time to time.

V1R0TATE
12-16-2018, 06:57 AM
Do yíall know if they have any self serve laundry facilities on site?

I used the Cambria/Indianapolis Airport Suites laundry facilities while staying at the 8. I only stayed at the Super 8 during CTP course. All indoc/systems, and IND overnights were at Cambria/Indianapolis Airport Suites, and La Quinta across the street.

Viking6
12-16-2018, 10:25 AM
No Super 8 on layovers, if so we wouldíve been out of there years ago. The quality of hotels is typically much better than the Super 8. The only reason the Super 8 is even one of our hotels is because there are no other good options given how many hotels we need on any given night. There is a very strong push to get us the hell out of there.

Many rumors about Republic building a company owned hotel in KIND for training. Thatís probably where the company wants to go long term.

Tpinks
12-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Many rumors about Republic building a company owned hotel in KIND for training. Thatís probably where the company wants to go long term.

Doesn't really sound like a rumor. They flat out said it was happening at recurrent but that The hotel will be last though. They are supposed to break ground on the new training facility and sim center During Q1.

Rahlifer
12-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Doesn't really sound like a rumor. They flat out said it was happening at recurrent but that The hotel will be last though. They are supposed to break ground on the new training facility and sim center During Q1.

Another new training facility? Has the paint even dried on the current one?

4V14T0R
12-18-2018, 04:33 AM

Apparently weíve already outgrown it and FedEx wants a runway right there.

Jungle Jim
12-18-2018, 04:58 AM

As mentioned, it's already outgrown, Fedex wants to build a third runway because, you know, IND is so busy as it is :confused:, and I think most importantly, HQ wants to bring a few sims in house to keep pace with the training demand.

4V14T0R
12-18-2018, 06:09 AM
As mentioned, it's already outgrown, Fedex wants to build a third runway because, you know, IND is so busy as it is :confused:, and I think most importantly, HQ wants to bring a few sims in house to keep pace with the training demand.

I think the runway has to do with the plans FedEx has for IND not based on current demand. They are drastically expanding in IND.

TheWeatherman
12-18-2018, 07:27 AM
The current facility may be outgrown but I will tell you this much, if these grandiose expansion plans that Republic has doesn’t pan out, everything will be canceled and we will stay right there. As of today, nothing has been signed or guaranteed. And everything Republic has tried in the last few months to increase flying has failed. So we will see what happens.

Viking6
12-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Iíve spent a lot of the past year working there, and certain GS instructors love to tell stories. Itís a guarantee weíre moving the training center though, and itís because of the construction to support another runway at KIND. Long term Republic wants to conduct all training in IND, so the city kicking us out works great. I was told by management they havenít settled on the location for the new training center, but most likely near the current maintenance hanger.

Viking6
12-18-2018, 03:41 PM
The current facility may be outgrown but I will tell you this much, if these grandiose expansion plans that Republic has doesnít pan out, everything will be canceled and we will stay right there. As of today, nothing has been signed or guaranteed. And everything Republic has tried in the last few months to increase flying has failed. So we will see what happens.

I guarantee we will not stay at the current location. The city will get their airport expansion, because FedEx has lots of $$$. Theyíre working to increase flying, but first we have to be staffed for it, which will happen next year. Honestly I think we will see growth and movement next year.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1