Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New crew bases?

planesense
12-06-2018, 03:45 PM
I hesitate to even get this rumor mill started... But does anyone have any reasonably reliable information about new bases being opened in the future? A friend of mine in AA management at BNA said he heard Republic was opening a base there. (Which would be awesome for me)

4V14T0R
12-06-2018, 05:57 PM
I hesitate to even get this rumor mill started... But does anyone have any reasonably reliable information about new bases being opened in the future? A friend of mine in AA management at BNA said he heard Republic was opening a base there. (Which would be awesome for me)

No and definitely not BNA. If anything, SDF, but thatís not even seriously being considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

planesense
12-06-2018, 06:02 PM
No and definitely not BNA. If anything, SDF, but thatís not even seriously being considered.

How do you know so definitively that BNA is not possible?

4V14T0R
12-06-2018, 06:46 PM
How do you know so definitively that BNA is not possible?

If weíre going to open an outstation it would have many more flights than we currently do, among other reasons. It took this company over 2 years longer than it should have to open IAH. We arenít just going to open BNA because some gate agent says so. I have however heard talk of Skywest opening it as a base but you would have to ask them how likely that is.

planesense
12-06-2018, 06:59 PM
If weíre going to open an outstation it would have many more flights than we currently do, among other reasons. It took this company over 2 years longer than it should have to open IAH. We arenít just going to open BNA because some gate agent says so. I have however heard talk of Skywest opening it as a base but you would have to ask them how likely that is.

Ok, so just trying to better understand how this works... it appears BNA has more Republic activity than MCI, so would it be that shocking? And just to clarify, my friend is a manager at American, not "some gate agent". I appreciate the perspective though. And I've heard the same thing about Skywest, but I wouldn't be interested in working for them.

4V14T0R
12-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Ok, so just trying to better understand how this works... it appears BNA has more Republic activity than MCI, so would it be that shocking? And just to clarify, my friend is a manager at American, not "some gate agent". I appreciate the perspective though. And I've heard the same thing about Skywest, but I wouldn't be interested in working for them.

MCI has been a long standing base, and while this company has a history of opening and closing bases, it hasnít really done that since the 2015 contract. Just because MCI is what it is does not mean BNA will be a base.

Chancellor
12-07-2018, 04:05 AM
MCI is a base because of our west operations like DEN, it gives us a nearby base Incase plane breaks etc. itís all about how many RON(remain Over Night) airplanes we have. BNA probably has 3-4. SDF has 10-11 this month, plus a Mx hangar. Thatís 40+ hotel rooms a night there. So SDF is most likely going to be a base at some point if we get a promise for more flying through there for codeshares.

Chancellor
12-07-2018, 04:07 AM
If you are an employee, go to the intranet, at the top go to departments>market planning> monthly flight schedules> and you can see the PDF with each base overnights etc.

direct2entent
12-07-2018, 04:55 PM
If you are an employee, go to the intranet, at the top go to departments>market planning> monthly flight schedules> and you can see the PDF with each base overnights etc.

Neato, thanks! My parents have been asking for an up to date route map.

planesense
12-07-2018, 09:47 PM

Starting indoc next Tuesday.

Otterbox
12-08-2018, 12:00 AM

Youíll soon learn that managers have very little clue what theyíre talking about when it comes to AAs plans let alone plans for other airlines... mainly because the plans change constantly.

C37AFE
12-11-2018, 12:00 PM

SDF is pure f&$kery. Avg 10-20 min to get marshaled in then sit longer waiting for agent to move jet bridge. Show and no agent to let you to plane until 10 minutes til push and gets mad at you cause they want to board right away. Hate that place!!!!

4V14T0R
12-11-2018, 01:12 PM
SDF is pure f&$kery. Avg 10-20 min to get marshaled in then sit longer waiting for agent to move jet bridge. Show and no agent to let you to plane until 10 minutes til push and gets mad at you cause they want to board right away. Hate that place!!!!

Oh I completely agree. I really donít want to see another outstation.