Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

lukeh99
12-06-2018, 05:11 PM
I was talking to someone recently from CommutAir in the training dept. who said hours spent instructing count toward the 1,000 hour PIC / 3,000 hour total service United CPP requirement. Does anyone know how simulator and ground instructors get credit for this at CommutAir? Is it a certain number of hours per day? 1:1 time spent instructing? Some other conversion factor?

JediCheese
12-07-2018, 04:38 AM
My understanding you get a set amount per type of activity. There is also a cap on these hours toward CPP so you can't sit in the training department, never fly, and still flow.

v1valarob
12-07-2018, 05:30 AM
My understanding you get a set amount per type of activity. There is also a cap on these hours toward CPP so you can't sit in the training department, never fly, and still flow.

I believe it also doesnít kick in until 6 months after starting in the training department.

c402fr8er
12-07-2018, 01:50 PM
I believe it also doesnít kick in until 6 months after starting in the training department.

After 6 months in the TD, captain-qualified (I'm pretty sure they mean line-qualified) instructors get 3 hours of PIC credit for each ground or sim session taught. Up to a maximum of 500 hours

lukeh99
12-07-2018, 02:28 PM
After 6 months in the TD, captain-qualified (I'm pretty sure they mean line-qualified) instructors get 3 hours of PIC credit for each ground or sim session taught. Up to a maximum of 500 hours

Wow itís hard to imagine why anyone would do this if their goal is to move on to United.

marshal
12-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Wow itís hard to imagine why anyone would do this if their goal is to move on to United.

It depends on their other qualifications. I know several people in the CPP who still have to finish their degree. If you lived in IAD you could spend a lot of time at home while still earning CPP hours and completing their degree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1