Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Overnights

Naviator
12-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Looking for new and interesting ways to stay busy, be productive, and maybe even make some money with all this free time in hotels on overnights. Any suggestions?

wiz5422
12-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Looking for new and interesting ways to stay busy, be productive, and maybe even make some money with all this free time in hotels on overnights. Any suggestions?

Bring a change of clothes rub some dirt on face and hold a sign that reads "I fly for envoy....the lowest paid regional pilots." and stand by one of the many freeways our hotels are next to.

I am sure you can make a few bucks an hour.

Smutter
12-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Bring a change of clothes rub some dirt on face and hold a sign that reads "I fly for envoy....the lowest paid regional pilots." and stand by one of the many freeways our hotels are next to.

Way to much competition from the homeless by our hotels.

bourbon scamp
12-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Try man-whoring, so long as those Skywest bastards don’t beat you to the lobby.

MD-11Loader
12-08-2018, 06:48 PM

PDT still makes less...

highfarfast
12-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Oh man, this thread has potential...

Halon1211
12-08-2018, 07:13 PM

Hmm last time I read some Envoy thread you guys were talking about how y’all are pretty much American pilots...seems a different tune now.

highfarfast
12-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Hmm last time I read some Envoy thread you guys were talking about how y’all are pretty much American pilots...seems a different tune now.

I'm not sure the exact moment you were last here but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the tong in cheek sarcasm flew right over your head.

UncreativeUser
12-08-2018, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure the exact moment you were last here but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the tong in cheek sarcasm flew right over your head.

Not all pilots are the brightest bulbs out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halon1211
12-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Not all pilots are the brightest bulbs out there

Or apparently the best spellers...

UncreativeUser
12-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Or apparently the best spellers...

Did I misspell something?

NoValueAviator
12-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Sub-lease the other queen bed in your rooms to weirdos off Craigslist.

BarrySeal
12-09-2018, 01:22 PM

By how much money ? $5 ? Or is there a huge, major difference between Envoy pay and everyone else ?

Halon1211
12-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Did I misspell something?

“tong in cheek”

highfarfast
12-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Oooo, look... someone found their clever hat!

Should have had it handy on their last visit. :rolleyes:

UncreativeUser
12-09-2018, 09:38 PM
“tong in cheek”

*tongue is how you spell it buddy [emoji23] further proves my point

pitchattitude
12-10-2018, 02:28 AM
By how much money ? $5 ? Or is there a huge, major difference between Envoy pay and everyone else ?
I hope there is supposed to be some sarcasm in this post. Because if you honestly don’t know the answer, then you have not done nearly enough homework.

Halon1211
12-10-2018, 06:54 AM
*tongue is how you spell it buddy [emoji23] further proves my point

Yes I know. “Tong” is how highfarfast spelled it. Go back to the last page and look at it...

Yes, you are proving your own point. Haha

BigZ
12-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Yes I know. “Tong” is how highfarfast spelled it. Go back to the last page and look at it...

Yes, you are proving your own point. Haha
Better than thong I guess...

ag386
12-11-2018, 03:54 PM

Over on another forum there are recruiters still saying Envoy pilots are AA pilots from day one. I've heard some of that here in this thread but it isn't as much as it used to be. 4 year flow some guys do math to come up with is pretty hilarious though.

DanRoman
12-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Over on another forum there are recruiters still saying Envoy pilots are AA pilots from day one. I've heard some of that here in this thread but it isn't as much as it used to be. 4 year flow some guys do math to come up with is pretty hilarious though.

Dude....get a hobby or something, you’re just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Dfwnightflyer
12-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Come up with an app to reconcile monthly hours with pay.

Cyio
12-12-2018, 02:48 AM
Come up with an app to reconcile monthly hours with pay.

Please don’t be kidding lol. We need this.

moon
12-12-2018, 04:10 AM
Please don’t be kidding lol. We need this.

Union has this. It's an excel spreadsheet. Don't know where on the website but it is but I'm sure it's there.

ag386
12-12-2018, 07:33 AM
Dude....get a hobby or something, you’re just embarrassing yourself at this point.

I've posted here about 3 times in the past year. How am I embarrassing myself or need a hobby with that track record? Been busy in my first year at Delta.

Check out the TA forum. I'm not joking. The recruiting contingent there is still claiming that when you are hired at Envoy, you're an AA pilot.

GoFast8
12-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Union has this. It's an excel spreadsheet. Don't know where on the website but it is but I'm sure it's there.

Been looking for something like this! Building my own would take quite a while.

Anyone have a clue on where this pay calculator spreadsheet is??

KodiakRS
12-18-2018, 08:19 PM
Been looking for something like this! Building my own would take quite a while.

Anyone have a clue on where this pay calculator spreadsheet is??

Just spent a solid 30 minutes looking for it. The closest I got was this dead link to the old site: http://envoy.alpa.org/Contract/PayProvisionResources/tabid/9239/Default.aspx

GoFast8
12-19-2018, 01:28 AM
Just spent a solid 30 minutes looking for it. The closest I got was this dead link to the old site: http://envoy.alpa.org/Contract/PayProvisionResources/tabid/9239/Default.aspx

Yeah I found the same. Guess nobody has kept up with it to trasnfer it over to the new site.

Bruno82
12-19-2018, 04:15 AM
It seems like, years ago, there was a list of overnights with information like meal discounts, workout facilities, fridge, microwave, places to eat nearby, etc... Is there not one anymore?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1