Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Travel benefits

starkutt1
12-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Hey guys when traveling on United ,American or delta what priority do you get ? Letís say Iím planning a trip to Chicago how easy is it to get bumped off the flight ?

Gravity88x
12-10-2018, 07:13 AM
Hey guys when traveling on United ,American or delta what priority do you get ? Letís say Iím planning a trip to Chicago how easy is it to get bumped off the flight ?

Give us more details. What time of year? And who is operating the flight? As in Which regional? Is it mainline? Which carrier?? If it is our own metal you will have priority over anyone besides someone senior to you.
If itís mainline it depends on which carrier. We donít have very good priority. Like 3 or 4 categories in front of us on all of them. If itís a different regional airline same story depending on which carrier they are operating under.

Swakid8
12-10-2018, 07:45 AM
On AA

You guys are are below Employees, Retirees, and Parents but above Buddy Passes unless itís yalls metal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starkutt1
12-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Give us more details. What time of year? And who is operating the flight? As in Which regional? Is it mainline? Which carrier?? If it is our own metal you will have priority over anyone besides someone senior to you.
If itís mainline it depends on which carrier. We donít have very good priority. Like 3 or 4 categories in front of us on all of them. If itís a different regional airline same story depending on which carrier they are operating under.

Letís say united and Delta mainline around the summer time

Viking6
12-10-2018, 11:03 AM

ORD can be tough, but you should be able to get the Jumpseat. Summer month are tough, especially on main line United to ORD.

dera
12-11-2018, 03:19 AM
On AA

You guys are are below Employees, Retirees, and Parents but above Buddy Passes unless itís yalls metal...

Buddy passes are D3, aren't OAL just below them, not above?

pilot2804
12-11-2018, 06:07 AM
Weíre AAC on American which is above D3

Swakid8
12-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Buddy passes are D3, aren't OAL just below them, not above?

Republic is AAC so no, they would be above D3s.

dera
12-13-2018, 04:19 AM

I stand corrected.

MD-11Loader
12-13-2018, 07:03 PM

And when going for the jumpseat youíre a D6UJ which is the same as everyone who doesnít work for AAG.

Viking6
12-13-2018, 09:24 PM
And when going for the jumpseat youíre a D6UJ which is the same as everyone who doesnít work for AAG.

If itís a Republic flight then he would obviously get priority over everyone (Republic seniority based). Otherwise itís time of check-in, so yeah a United pilot could get the Jumpseat before a Republic pilot. Pretty sure thatís how it is on Republic operated flights as well.

MD-11Loader
12-14-2018, 02:37 AM
If itís a Republic flight then he would obviously get priority over everyone (Republic seniority based). Otherwise itís time of check-in, so yeah a United pilot could get the Jumpseat before a Republic pilot. Pretty sure thatís how it is on Republic operated flights as well.

Yes, on Republic he does, but AA does this crazy thing where when one of their contract carriers wants to try for the cockpit jumpseat, you are required to cancel your AAC listing (which would get you on in the back before an offline guy) and then re-list as a D6UJ which then causes a new checkin time. It really hoses that pilot.

pilot2804
12-14-2018, 06:18 AM

But sometimes the gate lady is nice and just changes you to AAC - FDJ RPA

4V14T0R
12-14-2018, 07:28 AM

Which you arenít supposed to do.

MD-11Loader
12-14-2018, 09:32 AM

Which is exactly why we received guidance from ALPA to check the standby list and make sure that you arenít cheating the system. AA needs to do something that will allow you to keep your checkin time, but what youíre doing is against the rules and should not be tolerated.

Viking6
12-14-2018, 02:33 PM

The gate agents do that often, but it can create a mess. Just create a ID90, which should be a D6U. You can cancel the AAC and then checkin with the D6U. We donít get any priority on AA/WO for Jumpseat, so if best to just do a D6U. On republic I would list AAC, and just have an D6U ready. Better yet just commute on UA or DL.

starkutt1
12-14-2018, 03:04 PM
The gate agents do that often, but it can create a mess. Just create a ID90, which should be a D6U. You can cancel the AAC and then checkin with the D6U. We donít get any priority on AA/WO for Jumpseat, so if best to just do a D6U. On republic I would list AAC, and just have an D6U ready. Better yet just commute on UA or DL.

I wonder how long after training does the travel benefits kick in ?

Tigflt17
12-14-2018, 06:16 PM
I wonder how long after training does the travel benefits kick in ?

While youíre in training. Technically itís almost immediately but the company says wait 30 days.

ninerdriver
12-15-2018, 05:46 PM

On Delta systemwide, you'd be S3C except on YX flights. You'd go above most DCI/DGS folks with a DOH junior to yours. You'd also go above DCI/DGS non-dependents/retirees and DL buddy passes.

On YX Delta, you'd go above all except DL and YX folks with DOH senior to yours.

How easy is it? Delta oversells everything, so loads often look bad, especially in the summer. Learn how to use the airport standby list, and that'll make things easier.

I've gotten my family of three onto flights with minus-6 seats available and 8 standbys ahead of us. It's not guaranteed, but it happens.

starkutt1
12-16-2018, 03:25 PM
On Delta systemwide, you'd be S3C except on YX flights. You'd go above most DCI/DGS folks with a DOH junior to yours. You'd also go above DCI/DGS non-dependents/retirees and DL buddy passes.

On YX Delta, you'd go above all except DL and YX folks with DOH senior to yours.

How easy is it? Delta oversells everything, so loads often look bad, especially in the summer. Learn how to use the airport standby list, and that'll make things easier.

I've gotten my family of three onto flights with minus-6 seats available and 8 standbys ahead of us. It's not guaranteed, but it happens.

Wow so a delta pilot could potentially bump you off Republicís metal

4V14T0R
12-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Wow so a delta pilot could potentially bump you off Republicís metal

If they are more senior. This does not apply to the jumpseat.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1