Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : General aviation

Kilroy
12-11-2018, 05:52 AM
Hey guys been out of the GA side of Aviaiton for a lot of years. Currently a airbus driver in the 121 world and was thinking about getting back into the GA side for fun in a Cessna 310. Was woundering (for legal reasons only, not safety) am I legal to fly a Cessna 310 without any check outs or flight instruction received if I was bold enough to just jump in one and fly since itís the same category and class?

Bahamasflyer
12-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Yes, you would be legally able to do that. As long as you aren't carrying pax.

If that, then you'd just need to do 3 TO/LDG in the same category/class aircraft.

BeatNavy
12-11-2018, 06:01 AM
Yes, you would be legally able to do that. As long as you aren't carrying pax.

If that, then you'd just need to do 3 TO/LDG in the same category/class aircraft.

Isn’t an airbus is the same category/class as a 310?

Bahamasflyer
12-11-2018, 06:06 AM
Isnít an airbus is the same category class as a 310?

On the surface, id absolutely say yes. AMEL.

I just dunno if the FAA would view them as the same for currency purposes since one requires a type rating and the other does not.

rvr1800
12-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Is this just a hypothetical question or are you considering doing that? Do you have time in a 310? I have a couple thousand hours in a twin Cessna and I wouldn’t jump right in without a refresher.

Twin Wasp
12-11-2018, 06:30 AM
On the surface, id absolutely say yes. AMEL.

I just dunno if the FAA would view them as the same for currency purposes since one requires a type rating and the other does not.

The FAA lets you know exactly how they'd view them in 61.57(a).

Kilroy
12-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Is this just a hypothetical question or are you considering doing that? Do you have time in a 310? I have a couple thousand hours in a twin Cessna and I wouldnít jump right in without a refresher.

100% hypothetical. I am going to fly one but with a cfi. No way I would jump in a small plane without a CFI. I was just curious since itís same category and class.

hilltopflyer
12-11-2018, 10:36 AM
If buying one insurance would be
Pretty high without any time in type

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1