Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Monthly average credit

Fast90
12-11-2018, 07:13 AM
Frontier pilot here. Can you advise what average monthly credit hours are for line holders? Is there a difference between Captains and First Officers?

Monthly guarantee 70 hours, correct?

Thanks

BeatNavy
12-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Frontier pilot here. Can you advise what average monthly credit hours are for line holders? Is there a difference between Captains and First Officers?

Monthly guarantee 70 hours, correct?

Thanks

80-85 is average. Usually about the same for CA/FO. Can drop to 70 (if grid supports it) and trade below 70 if someone picks up your trips. Min guarantee is 70 for line holders, 75 for reserves.

Fast90
12-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Great. thank you

CaptCoolHand
12-11-2018, 04:33 PM
I honestly donít think itís that high. 78-81 average.

BeatNavy
12-11-2018, 06:39 PM
I honestly donít think itís that high. 78-81 average.

With the new ALV system in place, average line values have generally been going up. Jan has E190 FO: 79:45, CA: 82:15, and 320 FO: 80:15 CA: 83:30, and itís a 30 day bid period, in a slow month. When I was on the 190 I averaged 70-75 credit, but I think those days are over.

Bluedriver
12-12-2018, 05:11 AM
With the new ALV system in place, average line values have generally been going up. Jan has E190 FO: 79:45, CA: 82:15, and 320 FO: 80:15 CA: 83:30, and itís a 30 day bid period, in a slow month. When I was on the 190 I averaged 70-75 credit, but I think those days are over.

Generally the pairings I've seen from our "industry leading" pairing rules have had less trip rig and more block so they won't be able to push the ALV too high over time.

P-3Bubba
12-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Just pick up rsa ans vda youíll make 100hrs a month. 25 at 1.5 times ur rate. Oh BTW make sure you step over every other first year guy to boost ur income and solve the jetblue staffing riddle.

-Bubs

hyperboy
12-13-2018, 04:40 AM
Just pick up rsa ans vda youíll make 100hrs a month. 25 at 1.5 times ur rate. Oh BTW make sure you step over every other first year guy to boost ur income and solve the jetblue staffing riddle.

-Bubs

Coming from a 320 CA I am shocked that you could say that. I don't care if pilots want to hustle and make money. Why do you? You don't know others situations.

How would you like us to spend our money?

Softpayman
12-13-2018, 05:06 AM

-Bubs

Looks like the morality police is back at it!

I hope none of you guys are picking up good layovers or high credit trips! We should make sure our 1st year guys get plenty of those, so who wants that BOS-STI redeye tonight??

nuball5
12-13-2018, 05:17 AM
Coming from a 320 CA I am shocked that you could say that. I don't care if pilots want to hustle and make money. Why do you? You don't know others situations.

How would you like us to spend our money?

This is the only airline where it's almost frowned upon to pick up extra time it seems.

Bluedriver
12-13-2018, 05:19 AM
Looks like the morality police is back at it!

I hope none of you guys are picking up good layovers or high credit trips! We should make sure our 1st year guys get plenty of those, so who wants that BOS-STI redeye tonight??

Better get used to it. SDQ/STI are the only hubs JB is actually willing to defend vigorously. And the potato farm. And pilot cleaning.

AYLflyer
12-13-2018, 06:03 AM

-Bubs

Such a ridiculous statement. Yes, I will pickup VDA whenever I can if I want to because we have a contract that allows us to do so.

This is the only airline where it's almost frowned upon to pick up extra time it seems.

Only frowned upon by certain members of this board.

I personally don't pickup trips on my days off for straight time. But if they want to call me on a day off for VDA pay, sign me right up!

BeatNavy
12-13-2018, 06:55 AM

That is not accurate. Not that long ago, the delta board had this debate. Spirit set up a website about it (albeit during negotiations). Frontier pilots published a wh*** list also. My buddy at AA says he caught some crap picking up extra stuff even as a first year guy. I donít pay attention to UAL but I canít imagine they are any different.

There are some valid points on both sides. If the contract allows it, no sense in giving people crap for flying the contract. That said, here, if everyone picked up open time at straight pay, no one would get VDA pay. If people pick up RSAs all the time, we will habitually understaff reserves based on that historical RSA data, further hurting seniority. And since RSAs pay less than VDA, people who do RSAs could be working for 150% instead of 190/200%. And once the premium opentime window opens, I bet we see hardly any VDAs, making 150% the highest premium trips people get. But if no one did that (or no one picked up at straight time), then 200% VDAs would be more prevalent, or theyíd hire more and boost seniority accordingly.

P-3Bubba
12-13-2018, 07:25 AM
It’s just a satirical comment on how we all are just cogs in the machine. We all play management in the forum, yet we are all just supplying the ammunition against our own guise. I cringe when I see rsa because it means the management model is incorrect. They need us to help bail them out. I saw a 2 day trip from yesterday’s open time with 3 DH legs and an overnight. No operation. This is typical in a level 4 irop disaster but clear skies on a Wednesday? Not so much. Anyways, I don’t care if u pick up and help out. I just want to see some direction from our aimless operation.

-Bubs

Xtreme87
12-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Seems like people *****ing about picking stuff up at the guys that generally commute and canít pick stuff up, so they harp on guys that live in base and roll in the dough. Sorry not sorry.

jtrain609
12-13-2018, 08:26 AM
That is not accurate. Not that long ago, the delta board had this debate. Spirit set up a website about it (albeit during negotiations). Frontier pilots published a wh*** list also. My buddy at AA says he caught some crap picking up extra stuff even as a first year guy. I donít pay attention to UAL but I canít imagine they are any different.

There are some valid points on both sides. If the contract allows it, no sense in giving people crap for flying the contract. That said, here, if everyone picked up open time at straight pay, no one would get VDA pay. If people pick up RSAs all the time, we will habitually understaff reserves based on that historical RSA data, further hurting seniority. And since RSAs pay less than VDA, people who do RSAs could be working for 150% instead of 190/200%. And once the premium opentime window opens, I bet we see hardly any VDAs, making 150% the highest premium trips people get. But if no one did that (or no one picked up at straight time), then 200% VDAs would be more prevalent, or theyíd hire more and boost seniority accordingly.

Spirit ALPA had a restraining order enforced against them by a judge when that website was made.

BeatNavy
12-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Spirit ALPA had a restraining order enforced against them by a judge when that website was made.

Yeah. And it was a slap on the wrist and a big nothingburger.

jtrain609
12-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Yeah. And it was a slap on the wrist and a big nothingburger.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

aldonite7667
12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Keep it simple:

-Picking up open time = ok

-Picking up open time during a labor dispute or pilots on furlough = not ok

Knock yourselves out. The reserves thank you for your service.

BeatNavy
12-13-2018, 09:07 AM
And this is why we can't have nice things.

You are special.

P-3Bubba
12-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Keep it simple:

-Picking up open time = ok

-Picking up open time during a labor dispute or pilots on furlough = not ok

Knock yourselves out. The reserves thank you for your service.

Ha! I agree. Pick up and help out. Help a reserve guy play golf.

-Bubs

CaptCoolHand
12-13-2018, 10:28 AM
Ha! I agree. Pick up and help out. Help a reserve guy play golf.

-Bubs

As a rsv4lifer I encourage everyone to pick up any and all open time available. Especially in our southern bases.

PasserOGas
12-13-2018, 10:50 AM

-Bubs

You mean all the year 1 guys who voted yes to the substandard contract? Don't care.

Y'all had the chance to fight the good fight and ****ed it away.

hyperboy
12-13-2018, 10:52 AM
You mean all the year 1 guys who voted yes to the substandard contract? Don't care.

Y'all had the chance to fight the good fight and ****ed it away.

When are we flying together again?

PasserOGas
12-13-2018, 12:37 PM
When are we flying together again?

Hey Hyper. Did you see the new (unilateral) policy requiring us to stay on the plane until the last passenger disembarks?

And then they have the balls to ask us to greet the customers?

#keepsgettingbetter

Bluedriver
12-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Hey Hyper. Did you see the new (unilateral) policy requiring us to stay on the plane until the last passenger disembarks?

And then they have the balls to ask us to greet the customers?

#keepsgettingbetter

Haha, won't change Hypers standard day anyway. After saying goodbye to everyone he will be cleaning the cabin anyway.

P-3Bubba
12-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Whatís this unilateral thing you speak of? If itís true then they bones themselves.

Iím cool with that when I have a jet swap and a 8 min turn with 35 min of duty day left.

-Bubs

PasserOGas
12-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Whatís this unilateral thing you speak of? If itís true then they bones themselves.

Iím cool with that when I have a jet swap and a 8 min turn with 35 min of duty day left.

-Bubs

Read FOM revision R27, 5.5.4 Flight Termination.

Deleted "Flight Deck Crewmembers are encouraged, but not required, to remain aboard to help the deplaning process."

Added Note "Whenever duty time and workload permit, at least one pilot will stay on the aircraft during deplaning to ensure electrical power is continuous, assist with deplaning and deliver thanks to our customers. Customer feedback has shown the presence of our pilots during deplaning reinforces the pilot's professional image and enhances our brand."

Our customers will never see my face again as long as Giggity is here.

queue
12-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Read FOM revision R27, 5.5.4 Flight Termination.

Deleted "Flight Deck Crewmembers are encouraged, but not required, to remain aboard to help the deplaning process."

Added Note "Whenever duty time and workload permit, at least one pilot will stay on the aircraft during deplaning to ensure electrical power is continuous, assist with deplaning and deliver thanks to our customers. Customer feedback has shown the presence of our pilots during deplaning reinforces the pilot's professional image and enhances our brand."

Our customers will never see my face again as long as Giggity is here.

I'm glad our pilot group was smart enough to ensure the contract had language to prevent further exploitation through overnight FOM changes. I'm so glad ALPA, their brilliant NC/MEC, and their intrepid lawyers eliminated every loophole in the contract. I was beginning to worry we would be bought out because all the fearmongers here sold conspiracy theory thinking. So glad we signed off on the first sloppy seconds we got offered! Had we had an actual bad contract, we might have been receiving numerous ALPA emails discussing contract language shortcomings and constant contract violations with no legal recourse other than useless grievance processes. No one ever saw any of this coming!