Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : How can I see Jungle's old posts?

B727DRVR
12-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Hello Moderators,

I have been a member here since 2008 and have been posting on threads since that time. I had some great online discussions with the much - respected moderator Jungle during that time, and I have missed that since he flew West. When I go back to my Control Panel to see some of those old posts and threads, I see that my posts ONLY go back to 2015 even though I have been active on here since 2008... Where did those posts go?

How can I go back and find these older posts of Jungle? Are they gone?

Thanks in advance for your help....

B727DRVR
12-16-2018, 01:18 PM
Hey,

Further investigating shows UPS Threads only go back to 2016 in the CARGO Forum last page...

The Fractional Forum goes back to 2005......

UAL T38 Phlyer
12-17-2018, 05:48 PM
I have found old threads/post by doing a google search (not through APC’s search window).

Somehow, these necro threads will be found, and then you can read them.

But it is hit or miss. There seems to an expiration date, and things get purged....

Which is sad, because Jungle’s wit was timeless.

tomgoodman
12-18-2018, 05:24 AM
Click on “Search” above, then on “Advanced Search”. Fill in “Jungle” at the upper right and click “posts” at the lower left, and sort by “username”. It will only give you 150 posts at a time, so you have to repeat it for various date ranges:

Here is an example of one result:

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/search.php?searchid=9767435

RomeoJulietLima
12-18-2018, 04:38 PM
I Jungle was succinct and yeah I lived with him. . I was never privy to what he deleted. If you go back to climate change, anything financial business, he loved Money Talk. I will find the links I hope, I remember the titles :D:eek:
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hangar-talk/12457-global-warming-test-your-knowledge.html

Jungle was good at financials which was degree in science, it baffles me. Science degree in business . All this should be related to that with a sprinkling of not climate change,. His view not mine. Smart man, his focus was on European economics vs ours vs Asia.
Good man, he wrote a lot reason why I moved to Anc to know him well. He wrote a lot on business and all things related. He did not like politics. Very good mind.
It was my pleasure.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1