Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

intrepidcv11
12-18-2018, 09:17 PM
“have a backup strategy in mind”

Word being spread by multiple jumpseat chairs.

Hope that is okay to state mods...

JustAnFO
12-18-2018, 09:27 PM
Hmm, no rumbles on the SWAPA forum or the face space. Tech debt has finally hit CASS or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sMFer
12-19-2018, 01:02 AM
Vague booking at its finest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Proximity
12-19-2018, 02:47 AM
Hmm, no rumbles on the SWAPA forum or the face space. Tech debt has finally hit CASS or something?

SWAPA sent a long email about how we (as an organization, not pilots) are sudden terrible at accommodating OAL jumpseaters. I've also heard directly from OAL pilots some horror stories. For example, a pilot trying to JS ATL to PHL and being told its "weight restricted". I'm sure if the pilots knew he would have got on.

Always take the walk before push and find out who we are leaving behind (we like to leave non-revs also for some reason!). If the Captain isn't doing it, the FO can also handle it. Don't pick a fight with the ops agent and/or CSA, elevate to the CPOC or SWAPA JS committee, they can address it directly with the station while you wait.

beernutt
12-19-2018, 08:05 AM
I commute on you guys a lot between DEN and SNA/LAX. You guys are always super helpful and accommodating. Sometimes there is a little chaos in the gate area but the flight crews have always been great.

I hope this doesn't change.

signed
windcheck/light chop

Fuseplug
12-19-2018, 11:35 AM
I'm not a commuter but I'm always pleased when Cappy makes it a point to take a walk 10 minutes prior to push. I've never witnessed any issues getting commuters aboard, but I'm always glad to see the effort on our end. What goes around, comes around.

rightside02
12-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Lots of UAL guys have been getting denied left and right from some CASS issue of some sorts , this not being able to approve cass (even when there are seats in the back ) and guys getting left behind . In some deserpate cases guys are buying zed fares to get to work .

UAL union sent an email out to us confirming SWA IT issue of some kind and are working on it .

Nothing to do with the crews or even gate agents . As always SWA guys have been great .

WHACKMASTER
12-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Terribly sorry to any OAL pilots being affected.

Proximity
12-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Nothing to do with the crews or even gate agents . As always SWA guys have been great .

OAL pilots can ride even if they aren't cleared in CASS, without buying a ZED. There is procedure for this but it isn't well known by the CSAs. Of course, the ultimate solution would be to make SWA IT play well with CASS.

Heavy Hive
12-19-2018, 03:35 PM
Terribly sorry to any OAL pilots being affected.

Southwest has always been great to OAL. And if there is a recent problem, no other airline pilot should retaliate, because you know the SWA pilots have nothing to do with it. I am sure it will all be resolved.

Kapitanleutnant
12-19-2018, 05:57 PM
Alaska buddy of mine was having major problems for several days with SW trying for the js. Apparently, the AK employee numbers have an extra zero or number (?) which throws our system off and it denied him for several days/multiple flights before they finally figured it out. So now, each time he rides with us, he has to advise the gate agent to not input that zero or whatever extra number they have... our top rate IT system just couldn't handle it.

K

flensr
12-19-2018, 06:34 PM
As an FO, and immediately after this nonsense started floating around, all the CAs I've been flying with have been making SURE to make the walk to check to make sure we're not leaving jumpseaters or commuters. I guess that's a personal decision for each CA but the ones I've flown with have been making the walk, just to make sure.

Especially when we heard that Spirit pilots were getting bad info since they're having CASS issues. Spirit is super commuter friendly so a little effort to make sure those guys don't get screwed is time well spent.

at6d
12-19-2018, 08:52 PM
We had a UAL guy commuting today (seat in the cabin).

Had flight deck authorization and had no issues.

Silver02ex
12-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Alaska buddy of mine was having major problems for several days with SW trying for the js. Apparently, the AK employee numbers have an extra zero or number (?) which throws our system off and it denied him for several days/multiple flights before they finally figured it out. So now, each time he rides with us, he has to advise the gate agent to not input that zero or whatever extra number they have... our top rate IT system just couldn't handle it.

K

This was an issue at Spirit as well. The issue only lasted a few weeks and has been fixed at least 4 months now.

dr650
12-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Was denied CASS today on Southwest but gate agent was able to do the work around and still list me for a seat in the back. She said the issue has been going on for 3 weeks.

WHACKMASTER
12-21-2018, 11:01 AM
Was denied CASS today on Southwest but gate agent was able to do the work around and still list me for a seat in the back. She said the issue has been going on for 3 weeks.

Jesus. Terriblely sorry.

intrepidcv11
12-21-2018, 10:59 PM
Still happening. Seats in back getting few and far between. Ho Ho Ho LUV IT.

WHACKMASTER
12-21-2018, 11:13 PM
I donít understand whoís in charge of IT at this joint. Thereís been issues that shouldíve been fixed YEARS ago and now this CASS issue has been going on for weeks. Completely unacceptable. Itís almost like the IT department (or those that are outsourced IT) have zero accountability to worry about.

DENpilot
12-22-2018, 12:47 AM
You guys are always fantastic, but yes there seems to be some new thing with weight restrictions recently. 2 weeks ago, had an agent refuse to clear me into the flight deck or give a seat because she said it was weight restricted. She put me on the normal standby list. Cabin went full, flight deck ended up going empty and I was left behind because I was so far down the list.

intrepidcv11
12-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Latest word is that it will be fixed for United by early January. Sorry guys totally unsat from company and quite frankly SWAPA.

GuardPolice
12-22-2018, 09:37 AM
Latest word is that it will be fixed for United by early January. Sorry guys totally unsat from company and quite frankly SWAPA.

Are they going airline to airline as a progressive fix?

deus ex machina
12-22-2018, 09:43 AM
SWAPA... impotent... when dealing with the real 'big boy' outside world it's just too hard...

But seriously... fix your runway performance issue first...

at6d
12-22-2018, 01:10 PM
SWAPA... impotent... when dealing with the real 'big boy' outside world it's just too hard...

Still jabbing.

Tell us what the issue is. Thanks.

deus ex machina
12-22-2018, 02:42 PM
Still jabbing.

Tell us what the issue is. Thanks.

The issue is ... Jon Weaks is weak... a real union compels their company to do the right thing... not tuck tail and say 'ok'... Life is good when nothing is wrong, like flying the jet, but as soon as the warning/caution lights go off, it's time to greet the real world...

Tell SWAPA maybe they need to stop posting 'vintage' pics (funny in itself considering DAL/UAL have been around since the 1930s) and retirement photo's on their social media and tell them to tell management to fix the jumpseat issue.

Live in a cave and wonder why the light is so bright?

Meanwhile, SWA pilots be lovin' them some KCM and jumpseating on real airlines all while unable to reciprocate. UFB.

afxc1627
12-22-2018, 02:59 PM
The issue is ... Jon Weaks is weak... a real union compels their company to do the right thing... not tuck tail and say 'ok'... Life is good when nothing is wrong, like flying the jet, but as soon as the warning/caution lights go off, it's time to greet the real world...

Tell SWAPA maybe they need to stop posting 'vintage' pics (funny in itself considering DAL/UAL have been around since the 1930s) and retirement photo's on their social media and tell them to tell management to fix the jumpseat issue.

Meanwhile, SWA pilots be lovin' them some KCM and jumpseating on real airlines all while unable to reciprocate. UFB.

Everything this guy posts is ToTD fodder...keep it comin douche ex machina!

at6d
12-22-2018, 03:47 PM

No, I meant the runway performance issue.

deus ex machina
12-22-2018, 04:00 PM
No, I meant the runway performance issue.

I suggested you fix that before the jumpseat issue.. seems reasonable. However, it shouldn't be hard to do both simultaneously.

Peacock
12-22-2018, 07:06 PM
I suggested you fix that before the jumpseat issue.. seems reasonable. However, it shouldn't be hard to do both simultaneously.
One thing at a time, tough guy

e6bpilot
12-23-2018, 10:33 AM
You guys are always fantastic, but yes there seems to be some new thing with weight restrictions recently. 2 weeks ago, had an agent refuse to clear me into the flight deck or give a seat because she said it was weight restricted. She put me on the normal standby list. Cabin went full, flight deck ended up going empty and I was left behind because I was so far down the list.

That is completely against their manuals (GOM) and ours. They are supposed to clear you, preboard you, and then pull you if the weight restriction actually exists at push time (hint - it never does). If that happens again, please flag down a crew member or ask the ops agent (at the podium by the jetway door) to speak to the captain.
If you would like, I can forward the particulars to our jumpseat folks. Would need your info, airline, date, time, and flight details. You can PM me.
As someone who jumpseats offline often, these issues frustrate me to no end. SWA is an airline being run by ground ops. 95 percent of pilots would set the brake and solve your issue before allowing you to be left behind.

Mooneyguy
12-29-2018, 08:27 AM
I almost exclusively commute on sw. Iíve only had one problem so far with being denied the Js and the another gate agent jumped in and ďfixed itĒ
Yesterday there was a problem, they had two to many people on board. They literally walked through the cabin and checked every Id.
Come to find out the discrepancy was the computer did not count myself and a company jumpseater.
Thank you to all the sw people who go out of their way to make commuting bearable.

WhaleSurfing
12-29-2018, 08:47 AM

And still you havenít answered the question, ďFIX WHAT EXACTLY?Ē

Tool of the year!

symbian simian
01-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Couldn't get CASS'd last three times. I am NK, but also am a WN-dependent, so decided to list for the back to avoid the issue. Got to the gate to check in, gate person could't get her head around the fact I just wanted one of the 30 empty seats in the back, and ended up getting me the cockpit seat, with CASS approved, even on though it showed my family members face and name on the CASS page (she showed it to me!) ....

elmetal
01-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Multiple NK pilots having issues with SWA. According to the gate agent, when she goes to CASS check us, it just spins and hangs.

Every other carrier out there CASS checks me no problem...

edit: That being said they usually figure out the cabin seat thing.

e6bpilot
01-05-2019, 08:34 PM
It is an ongoing issue. All I can say is that on behalf of all SWA pilots, we are truly sorry and there is no excuse for the ineptitude of our companyís poor excuse of an IT department. Itís embarrassing to us as a pilot group since many of us depend on other carriers to get us to work and back. Sadly, though, captains authority over the Jumpseat has been eroded over time so that no CASS is a deal breaker for OAL pilots even if it is no fault of theirs.
Allegedly it will be resolved early this month.

WHACKMASTER
01-05-2019, 09:59 PM
How the train wreck that is the SWA IT department can just keep conducting business like this is utterly mind-boggling. Itís as if thereís zero accountability for them.

Trust us......itís maddening to watch this play out. We collectively sincerely apologize.

FightorFlight
01-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Been dealing with this issue for abut 4 weeks.
My KCM work with every racier,except SWA.
It's been broken with southwest for 4 weeks.

When the agent attempts to located my record with KCM, it spins an eventually time out.

If there are seats available the SWA agents are usually willing accommodate an offline pilot in the back.

From what I have heard the issue because of an software improvement with SWA International CASS. United, Feontier, an Alaska pilots are some of the

It is a mess. There are rumors that they maybe the systems will be up in running by the end of the week. Th

This is unacceptable., quality of life is being affected. #SWAShouldWorktheJS-Unitil-thefixit!!

KPer
01-06-2019, 05:25 AM

When the agent attempts to located my record with KCM, it spins an eventually time out.

If there are seats available the SWA agents are usually willing accommodate an offline pilot in the back.

From what I have heard the issue because of an software improvement with SWA International CASS. United, Feontier, an Alaska pilots are some of the

It is a mess. There are rumors that they maybe the systems will be up in running by the end of the week. Th

This is unacceptable., quality of life is being affected. #SWAShouldWorktheJS-Unitil-thefixit!!

The irony here is rich.

WHACKMASTER
01-06-2019, 06:42 AM
The irony here is rich.

Isnít it though? Hilarious :D

elmetal
01-06-2019, 08:25 AM
I appreciate the efforts and the understanding

WHACKMASTER
01-06-2019, 08:47 AM

Your first post on APC shouldnít be made while drinking......troll.

dawgdriver
01-06-2019, 10:53 AM

Uh....wow.

Spellcheck?...proofread?...call a friend?

FAA Advisory Circular 60-28B: The holder of an FAA certificate or applicant for an FAA certificate or rating should be able to communicate in English in a discernible and understandable manner..."

#JawDroppingIlliteracy

texaspropguy
01-08-2019, 12:05 PM

I didn't realize Mesa had a JA with WN...

TrojanCMH
01-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Spirit guy here. Had no CASS issues today on a two leg commute. Hopefully they fixed the glitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deus ex machina
01-13-2019, 03:50 PM
What an embarrassment... what is SWAPA doing to clear this up?

Peacock
01-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Back at it again? Troll harder.

deus ex machina
01-13-2019, 07:51 PM
Back at it again? Troll harder.

Seriously... SWA pilots are riding fine in the cockpit OAL...

What is the point of a union if you can't compel your management to act.

Enjoy...

Bluesideup1
01-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Seriously... SWA pilots are riding fine in the cockpit OAL...

What is the point of a union if you can't compel your management to act.

Enjoy...

Spoken like a perfect troll.

The vast majority are riding fine in the largest domestic operator in the country.

Photoflier
01-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Spoken like a perfect troll.

The vast majority are riding fine in the largest domestic operator in the country.

UAL guy here and had no issues whatsoever this morning riding with you folks. Just the same fantastic service I always get. Thanks SWA

Peacock
01-14-2019, 08:58 AM
Did someone at SWA plow douche et machinaís wife or something? He has a serious hard on for SWA and SWAPA

Zard
01-14-2019, 02:13 PM
Did someone at SWA plow douche et machinaís wife or something? He has a serious hard on for SWA and SWAPA

I did. Itís the ultimate troll move.

propdriver86
01-16-2019, 05:04 AM
First let me say, I rely heavily on WN to get to work, and have never experienced anything but amazing hospitality by everyone. So thank you!

Does anyone know if, there is any record of when an OAL pilot checked in for the jumpseat? My issue is, I ended up having to use my companies commuter policy last week when there was a MX issue on the inbound flight that required a tail swap. My company has asked me to provide proof I was there, but the boarding pass I recieved shows the late (approx. 2hrs 45min) boarding time.

Sorry for the rambling and thread drift, I'm still on probation and really don't want a no show on my record.

Thank you

Skyward
01-16-2019, 07:06 AM
First let me say, I rely heavily on WN to get to work, and have never experienced anything but amazing hospitality by everyone. So thank you!

Does anyone know if, there is any record of when an OAL pilot checked in for the jumpseat? My issue is, I ended up having to use my companies commuter policy last week when there was a MX issue on the inbound flight that required a tail swap. My company has asked me to provide proof I was there, but the boarding pass I recieved shows the late (approx. 2hrs 45min) boarding time.

Sorry for the rambling and thread drift, I'm still on probation and really don't want a no show on my record.

Thank you

Hmm. I don’t know about the record.

Does the JS card with the late boarding time show a timestamp anywhere? I’ve never actually looked for it.

Was it recent enough that you can get a screenshot of the SWA app “Flight Status” page showing the “Original” departure time and the actual time? You can only go back to yesterday on that app.

I would just cross reference the scheduled flight number with a printout of the scheduled departure time to the flight number you checked in for. Same flight it just left late...

propdriver86
01-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Hmm. I donít know about the record.

Does the JS card with the late boarding time show a timestamp anywhere? Iíve never actually looked for it.

Was it recent enough that you can get a screenshot of the SWA app ďFlight StatusĒ page showing the ďOriginalĒ departure time and the actual time? You can only go back to yesterday on that app.

I would just cross reference the scheduled flight number with a printout of the scheduled departure time to the flight number you checked in for. Same flight it just left late...

The only other time is its original departure time, so nothing to "prove" I was there at that time. I have a screen shot of the flight status that I sent as well. I just thought it was worth a shot to see if anyone knew if there was a way to definitively show I was where I say. I appreciate the input.

elmetal
01-16-2019, 12:47 PM
The only other time is its original departure time, so nothing to "prove" I was there at that time. I have a screen shot of the flight status that I sent as well. I just thought it was worth a shot to see if anyone knew if there was a way to definitively show I was where I say. I appreciate the input.
Can the company not probe CASS as to when your CASS was run?

You can also go to your kcm account (mykcmsupport.com) and you can see date and time of your KCM check that day.

Peacock
01-16-2019, 01:42 PM

Did you get a confirmation from the listing? Did you park at the airport?

Rolf
01-16-2019, 03:20 PM
We just got an email from the union and there is still CASS requests that time out. If you can, please make sure to ask the crew for help so we donít leave you behind. Sorry again to those of you that have issues. Except deus, hope we leave him standing in the rain.

propdriver86
01-18-2019, 03:09 AM
Can the company not probe CASS as to when your CASS was run?

You can also go to your kcm account (mykcmsupport.com) and you can see date and time of your KCM check that day.

Thank you so much, I hadn't even thought of KCM. I just checked and it does show I was there.

elmetal
01-18-2019, 03:35 AM
Thank you so much, I hadn't even thought of KCM. I just checked and it does show I was there.

Awesome!!!

dr650
01-18-2019, 09:01 AM
A fellow pilot just informed me two full Southwest flights left without him and an empty jumpseat due to this issue. Is this a priority over there? Frustrating.

deus ex machina
01-18-2019, 09:33 AM
A fellow pilot just informed me two full Southwest flights left without him and an empty jumpseat due to this issue. Is this a priority over there? Frustrating.

Doesn't appear so... and the cult is doubling down on how awesome their world is, instead of pressing their union leadership to compel management to .... wait for it... 'get er dunnnnn'

But wait.. there is more... instead of SWA pilots accepting a anonymous wake up call on APC the real issue is some LUV dude was luvin' on my girl...

Peacock
01-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Doesn't appear so... and the cult is doubling down on how awesome their world is, instead of pressing their union leadership to compel management to .... wait for it... 'get er dunnnnn'

But wait.. there is more... instead of SWA pilots accepting a anonymous wake up call on APC the real issue is some LUV dude was luvin' on my girl...

Dang, I really thought ďan anonymous wake up call on APCĒ would have done the trick. Keep up the good work, crusader for justice!

deus ex machina
01-18-2019, 12:50 PM
looks like you guys have bigger problems today... UFB.

GPullR
01-18-2019, 01:40 PM
looks like you guys have bigger problems today... UFB.

It's just a coincidence.

deus ex machina
01-18-2019, 01:54 PM
It's just a coincidence.

feel the LUV....

at6d
01-18-2019, 03:35 PM
Had a UAL jumpseater on deck last night. Had no problems at all.

symbian simian
01-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Had a UAL jumpseater on deck last night. Had no problems at all.

I got denied again last night (4th time out of 4 this month)

NK, let the union know every time, got a seat in the back twice, had to good it to another gate twice. Problem definitely still there. Maybe SWAPA should ask ALPA to take them out of the system until they can reciprocate. That might get management attention.

WHACKMASTER
01-18-2019, 06:24 PM
I got denied again last night (4th time out of 4 this month)

NK, let the union know every time, got a seat in the back twice, had to good it to another gate twice. Problem definitely still there. Maybe SWAPA should ask ALPA to take them out of the system until they can reciprocate. That might get management attention.

Embarrassing. Again.....sorry. Just imagine having to work for an airline thatís this IT dysfunctional. The sad part is that IT issues go YEARS without getting fixed. Our WiFi has been garbage for years. Our VNAV about the same for years now. Pardon me.....I need to go back to banging my head against the wall.

deus ex machina
01-23-2019, 07:16 AM
Embarrassing. Again.....sorry. Just imagine having to work for an airline thatís this IT dysfunctional. The sad part is that IT issues go YEARS without getting fixed. Our WiFi has been garbage for years. Our VNAV about the same for years now. Pardon me.....I need to go back to banging my head against the wall.

Yes, but what are YOU and the avg LUV pilot doing to motivate your union to motivate your company to fix this, all while LUV pilots are js'ing no problem OAL??

Proximity
01-24-2019, 08:17 AM
Yes, but what are YOU and the avg LUV pilot doing to motivate your union to motivate your company to fix this, all while LUV pilots are js'ing no problem OAL??

If you're in the gate area wearing a uniform, or have a badge on a lanyard, or even have typical pilot luggage for a flight I am operating, I'm gonna be asking you if you are commuting.

If you're commuting, I'll be telling you to make sure and come down after the preboards.

If I don't see you after the preboards, I'll be back in the gate area to find out why.

And just before the doors close I'll be back in the gate area (unless the Captain is doing "the walk" to see if there are any last minute runners, commuters, or non-rev.

The only thing I can't solve is the CASS issue, which means I can't help you if the flight is full. I'd be interested in your suggestions in what type of leverage your average line pilot has. We can't even get the company to implement IT projects for our own pilots that would benefit the company.

flensr
01-24-2019, 09:04 AM

SWAPA is actively collecting data. I'm not sure what they're doing with it but there appears to be an effort underway to document and fix nonrev issues.

deus ex machina
01-24-2019, 10:46 AM
If you're in the gate area wearing a uniform, or have a badge on a lanyard, or even have typical pilot luggage for a flight I am operating, I'm gonna be asking you if you are commuting.

If you're commuting, I'll be telling you to make sure and come down after the preboards.

If I don't see you after the preboards, I'll be back in the gate area to find out why.

And just before the doors close I'll be back in the gate area (unless the Captain is doing "the walk" to see if there are any last minute runners, commuters, or non-rev.

The only thing I can't solve is the CASS issue, which means I can't help you if the flight is full. I'd be interested in your suggestions in what type of leverage your average line pilot has. We can't even get the company to implement IT projects for our own pilots that would benefit the company.

That is the problem... you disempower yourself. How can you be successful if you think you can't do anything...

SWAPA is actively collecting data. I'm not sure what they're doing with it but there appears to be an effort underway to document and fix nonrev issues.

Don't you have local council meetings? Resolutions? Seems like you got time to celebrate Herb and ride OAL jumpseats...

Seriously guys... you are looking more and more like a club and not a union...

get it done!

Bwipilot
01-24-2019, 04:00 PM
That is the problem... you disempower yourself. How can you be successful if you think you can't do anything...

Douche Machine,

Glad to see that you're helping out with your comments.

Just to get you up to speed--there's a serious case of "Tech Debt" at the GO. Simple explanation: Gilligan and his crew aren't very good with computers--and their new hires with no experience in the field aren't able to help them out.

One thing that I do expect is that Jon Weaks and John Boobas are all over the company concerning jump seats. I don't enjoy the thought that some of my best friends have to worry over the SWA jumpseat. Like others have said, if you see the Captain of any SWA flight, he's a great advocate to get through the struggle.

WhaleSurfing
01-24-2019, 04:42 PM

Don't you have local council meetings? Resolutions? Seems like you got time to celebrate Herb and ride OAL jumpseats...

Seriously guys... you are looking more and more like a club and not a union...

get it done!

Are you WHACKMASTER in drag?

deus ex machina
01-24-2019, 05:18 PM
Douche Machine,

Glad to see that you're helping out with your comments.

Just to get you up to speed--there's a serious case of "Tech Debt" at the GO. Simple explanation: Gilligan and his crew aren't very good with computers--and their new hires with no experience in the field aren't able to help them out.

One thing that I do expect is that Jon Weaks and John Boobas are all over the company concerning jump seats. I don't enjoy the thought that some of my best friends have to worry over the SWA jumpseat. Like others have said, if you see the Captain of any SWA flight, he's a great advocate to get through the struggle.

So... if SWA pilots start getting denied because this drags out... understandable?

Regardless, every SWA pilot jumpeating off line should be bring the FAs chocolates or Starbucks or some expression of humility and modesty...

WhaleSurfing
01-24-2019, 05:37 PM
So... if SWA pilots start getting denied because this drags out... understandable?

Regardless, every SWA pilot jumpeating off line should be bring the FAs chocolates or Starbucks or some expression of humility and modesty...

No, because most level headed pilots know itís not something their fellow pilots are doing intentionally. Are you really that dense?

at6d
01-24-2019, 05:39 PM
You going to advocate punishing SWA pilots by denying jumpseats? For a problem the pilots didnít cause?

Is that how YOU are going to fix it?

Now you are ****ing me off. Iím done with you.

Peacock
01-24-2019, 06:55 PM

Bringing gifts to flight attendants as an ďexpression of humilityĒ? Is that more useful than being a douchebag troll on this site?

How much time per day would you say you spend thinking about SWA? Itís unhealthy. You should stop.

Bluesideup1
01-24-2019, 07:20 PM

Just when I think what you say can't be dumber you double down. I'm sure there are bigger douches but probably not on this board I mean you even have Whack beat this week.

Because you know it is the pilots fault for the IT problem and the fact that the vast majority of the OAL jumpseaters have no problem. Yet your unhealthy basement dwelling spread of FUD on any SW thread should be a sign that you need to seek help.

Rolf
01-24-2019, 07:54 PM
He is mad at non ALPA pilots. I couldíve sworn it took Delta years to get OAL jumpseaters but I probably misremember. Iíll stand by our reputation as being jumpseat friendly, certainly better than some the big ALPA carriers.

full of luv
01-25-2019, 09:19 AM
He is mad at non ALPA pilots. I could’ve sworn it took Delta years to get OAL jumpseaters but I probably misremember. I’ll stand by our reputation as being jumpseat friendly, certainly better than some the big ALPA carriers.

It took over 65 years (1996 I believe) for Delta to get ONLINE JS access.

That's what happened back in the days of regulation when flights routinely were 50% full (due to highly regulated higher fares) that the JS was really just an afterthought. It took deregulation and a push from the Delta pilots during contract to get the JS authorization to not just themselves, but OAL as well. They may have been slower than others after deregulation, but part of that was Mgmt's real desire to have as many as possible living in base, hence the more/smaller bases of the day.

deus ex machina
01-26-2019, 10:07 AM
How to be a real union pilot...

Email your rep and cc Weaks... regularly, weekly if needed... put pressure on your union to pressure your company to fix the issue...

but how?? How can I, just a LUV pilot, do anything... I mean I LUV being LUV'ed and getting all the credit and benefits for being a SWA pilot but I don't know how to accept the responsibility?? What do I do?

Go to the next union meeting... give your reps specific and clear direction to FIX THE ISSUE now....

Advise your awesome culture company that they are not moving fast enough.. that good-will will not last forever and that OAL js'ing commuting is part of SWA ability to staff thier own flights properly.

oh, I don't know, that is kinda of a mean thing to say, I mean I just do what they say.... I've never ... ohhh what to do...

Peacock
01-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Nah

Filler

Zard
01-26-2019, 01:14 PM
How to be a real union pilot...

Email your rep and cc Weaks... regularly, weekly if needed... put pressure on your union to pressure your company to fix the issue...

but how?? How can I, just a LUV pilot, do anything... I mean I LUV being LUV'ed and getting all the credit and benefits for being a SWA pilot but I don't know how to accept the responsibility?? What do I do?

Go to the next union meeting... give your reps specific and clear direction to FIX THE ISSUE now....

Advise your awesome culture company that they are not moving fast enough.. that good-will will not last forever and that OAL js'ing commuting is part of SWA ability to staff thier own flights properly.

oh, I don't know, that is kinda of a mean thing to say, I mean I just do what they say.... I've never ... ohhh what to do...

But then we wouldnít have you on here all fired up over it, and we Luv your little musings.

Duke Beamer
01-26-2019, 09:26 PM
Deus, at some point, you're going to find something else to do with your time. Until then, I'm sorry you're so miserable. Good luck finding happiness.

Bluesideup1
01-27-2019, 02:37 AM
douche ex,

Nah not worth it.

deus ex machina
01-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Deus, at some point, you're going to find something else to do with your time. Until then, I'm sorry you're so miserable. Good luck finding happiness.

Can you guys just ride in the cabin until you get your mess fixed... seems like the right thing to do... reciprocal js agreement..

Seriously, give a timeline that is reasonable... I mean if you guys still can't get your mess fixed this time next year, Feb 2020... how do you expect people to respond?

Peacock
01-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Can you guys just ride in the cabin until you get your mess fixed... seems like the right thing to do... reciprocal js agreement..

Seriously, give a timeline that is reasonable... I mean if you guys still can't get your mess fixed this time next year, Feb 2020... how do you expect people to respond?

What happened to giving treats to the FAís?

deus ex machina
01-28-2019, 12:10 PM
What happened to giving treats to the FAís?

It was lost on everyone...

Peacock
01-28-2019, 12:13 PM
It was lost on everyone...

Or maybe no one cares about making deals with an anonymous douchebag on the internet.

deus ex machina
01-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Or maybe no one cares about making deals with an anonymous douchebag on the internet.

just fix your mess... guys are getting tired of it...

Peacock
01-28-2019, 01:14 PM

Iíll get right on it

Rolf
01-28-2019, 08:09 PM
It has to start with you, dous. Start denying the js to SWA guys. Once our commuters canít get to work, itíll get fixed.

Bluesideup1
01-29-2019, 01:33 AM

I bet there are a lot more people getting tired of you and here is how to fix it. Put down the Cheetos, stop smelling your own farts, exit the basement and stop being a douche troll.

deus ex machina
01-29-2019, 07:10 AM
It has to start with you, dous. Start denying the js to SWA guys. Once our commuters canít get to work, itíll get fixed.

You guys really need to be treated that way to do the right thing? Wow... you guys are something special...

dawgdriver
01-29-2019, 07:27 AM
I bet there are a lot more people getting tired of you and here is how to fix it. Put down the Cheetos, stop smelling your own farts, exit the basement and stop being a douche troll.

LMAO........

Rolf
01-29-2019, 08:31 AM
You guys really need to be treated that way to do the right thing? Wow... you guys are something special...

Nah, just tired of your bs.

deus ex machina
01-29-2019, 08:39 AM
Nah, just tired of your bs.

Seriously... what is SWAPA or SWA saying about the problem.. there should be a timeline to get it fixed.. what is it? When?

Skyward
01-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Seriously... what is SWAPA or SWA saying about the problem.. there should be a timeline to get it fixed.. what is it? When?

Yawn...

Why are you so infatuated with us?

I talked to 3 OAL JSís on my last trip. I saw them in the gate area and asked them if they had any CASS issues. They didnít.

deus ex machina
01-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Yawn...

Why are you so infatuated with us?

I talked to 3 OAL JSís on my last trip. I saw them in the gate area and asked them if they had any CASS issues. They didnít.

Not the question I asked...

If you can't be forthright now, then why do you expect to be taken seriously...

What is SWAPA or SWA saying? When is a fix expected?

Peacock
01-29-2019, 09:10 AM

I heard that bringing treats and humbly begging forgiveness would work. That guy really seemed to know stuff so thatís the official plan going forward. Thanks for your help.

bitatasg
01-29-2019, 10:14 AM

Bring Daddy a Starbucks and I’ll let you right on

WhaleSurfing
01-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Douche must be trying to get a job at ALPA. Do they hire such moronic idiots?

sMFer
01-29-2019, 10:45 PM
Dbag spends all his time on SW threads bashing and attempting to talk smack. I guarantee you he doesnít commute on us and if he does, heís had zero issues.

Douche, Iím sorry you couldnít get an interview here but it was obviously the right choice. It appears as if youíre a cockpit cancer and thank the good Lord Iíll never have to share a cockpit with you.

Skyward
01-30-2019, 05:13 AM

Oh, Iím sorry... was I supposed to be taking you seriously??

Bahahahaha..... hahahaha

I usually donít even read your posts and really donít care how you take mine.

deus ex machina
01-30-2019, 06:41 AM
So....

Contacted my union reps to see how SWAPA is responding to the CASS issue... the response? Doesn't seems to be a priority for SWAPA...

Non SWA pilots are getting more and more frustrated with the lack of change.

Users on APC are outright flippant with middle finger salutes...

Rolf
01-30-2019, 08:34 AM
Deus,
Donít take this personal...itís just you.
Run along and work on scope.

WhaleSurfing
01-30-2019, 10:20 AM
So....

Contacted my union reps to see how SWAPA is responding to the CASS issue... the response? Doesn't seems to be a priority for SWAPA...

Non SWA pilots are getting more and more frustrated with the lack of change.

Users on APC are outright flippant with middle finger salutes...

Yeah right, Iím sure your reps said exactly that. Shouldnít you be on the TOTD thread in a repeating star performance. What an a$$.

e6bpilot
01-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Why anyone who works at SWA keeps responding to this troll is beyond me. 108 posts in and it is the same crap. Just stop replying.
Yes it is an issue. Yes swapa is putting pressure on the company to fix it. If you get denied a jumpseat, you should get a cabin seat. Not many flights going out full these days, but if you donít make it to work, you have our sincere apology.

IAHB756
01-31-2019, 06:50 AM
UAL internal memo just posted saying the issue at SWA has been resolved and offline cockpit access should return to normal today. While I donít commute (at this time), I know many do and historically SW has been wonderful to offline pilots. I can only think of two (Iím sure there are more) airlines today that allow you to just walk up and ask an agent for a jumpseat on a flight. Delta and United. In less than 40 seconds you have a printed jumpseat pass or a boarding card with a seat assignment. What happened to everyone else? This MyIDTravel kinda sucks but I guess if you want to offline travel, it is how the game is now played (I used to use AA on my commute from time to time and hated this process).
Thanks to any of you who helped get this fixed at SWA. I know many of our PHX/LAS commuters to LAX and SFO especially are relieved (as is UAL who had to buy seats in many instances to prevent international cancellations as widebody pilots called in honest over the last month).

flensr
02-03-2019, 12:49 PM
My last 2 commutes on SWA have both had well over 10 OTA commuters going along with me, both in and out of uniform. On both flights, 2 OTA commuters were able to get FD boarding passes without any issues.

I won't try to deny or dispute other people's reports of problems because yea sometimes the system doesn't owrk, but I'm just not seeing a systemwide jumpseat meltdown over here.

elmetal
02-03-2019, 08:38 PM
My last 2 commutes on SWA have both had well over 10 OTA commuters going along with me, both in and out of uniform. On both flights, 2 OTA commuters were able to get FD boarding passes without any issues.

I won't try to deny or dispute other people's reports of problems because yea sometimes the system doesn't owrk, but I'm just not seeing a systemwide jumpseat meltdown over here.
It's specific crewmembers at certain airlines. For example I know 3 NK pilots with the issue 100% of the time and I've been cassed on SWA 20+ times in the last 2 months with no issue.

symbian simian
02-04-2019, 09:34 PM
It's specific crewmembers at certain airlines. For example I know 3 NK pilots with the issue 100% of the time and I've been cassed on SWA 20+ times in the last 2 months with no issue.

Not sure if you know me, but I am 4 out of 4 denied in the past month.

elmetal
02-05-2019, 04:58 AM
Not sure if you know me, but I am 4 out of 4 denied in the past month.

Don't think I do, but that sucks man :/

symbian simian
02-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Halleluja!! Just got cassed, after being denied 4 times in a row.

Rolf
02-06-2019, 10:06 PM
Halleluja!! Just got cassed, after being denied 4 times in a row.

Finally. Hopefully it stays that way.

PowerShift
02-07-2019, 06:36 AM
I did an evening PHX-LAX-PHX turn a week ago and had several off line folks both ways. The ones that stopped up front I asked if they have been having any gate issues, and none have said yes. The word is out and guys are doing pre-push walks up to the gate to make sure nobody is left behind.

B757200ER
02-13-2019, 07:15 AM
I did an evening PHX-LAX-PHX turn a week ago and had several off line folks both ways. The ones that stopped up front I asked if they have been having any gate issues, and none have said yes. The word is out and guys are doing pre-push walks up to the gate to make sure nobody is left behind.

Good on ya, thanks for that. I'm sure whatever the issue was, it'll get fixed.

n606tw
02-14-2019, 08:47 AM
How difficult is to get BWI out of training?

OB Pilot
02-14-2019, 10:59 AM

There seem to be at least a few new pilots sent to BWI on almost every vacancy bid, so it should not be very difficult at all.

CA1900
02-14-2019, 12:43 PM

Looking at a friend who finished IOE within the last couple of weeks, he's able to hold BWI or MDW right out of the gate. OAK and probably HOU would be available to him next bid.

It goes in waves... some classes, everybody goes to OAK. My class, nobody got OAK and most of us went to BWI.

n606tw
02-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys ... ya da besta!

at6d
02-14-2019, 09:27 PM
We will soon see what happens with LAX.

hoover
02-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Everyone will be going to lax this summer.
That's my guess

Psycho18th
02-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Just saw a report that the timeout during CASS verification problem is fixed. Hope thatís the case for all those OAL jumpseaters out there!

Vincent Chase
02-22-2019, 08:17 AM
Just saw a report that the timeout during CASS verification problem is fixed. Hope thatís the case for all those OAL jumpseaters out there!
FWIW, I never had an issue getting a JS during the past few months. I commute on SWA about 50% of the time. Sometimes the gate agents ask me for my passport, sometimes they don't. Sometimes I get a high B or low C number without "Jumpseat authorized."

Sucks to think some OAL carriers have a different experience. We're just trying to get to or from work, and SWA has been amazingly accommodating in my experience.

Thanks to all the SWA pilots and flt attendants who make it as enjoyable as possible to commute.

sMFer
02-25-2019, 09:58 PM
FWIW, I never had an issue getting a JS during the past few months. I commute on SWA about 50% of the time. Sometimes the gate agents ask me for my passport, sometimes they don't. Sometimes I get a high B or low C number without "Jumpseat authorized."

Sucks to think some OAL carriers have a different experience. We're just trying to get to or from work, and SWA has been amazingly accommodating in my experience.

Thanks to all the SWA pilots and flt attendants who make it as enjoyable as possible to commute.

I think the passport request is if thereís any chance youíll be riding dirty up front. Could be wrong. Glad itís worked out for you. Hoping we have it resolved.

symbian simian
03-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Not again?! 😭

SWA list https://imgur.com/gallery/eGJxW6V

MySaabStory
03-24-2019, 03:21 PM
I ran into that problem too. I took out my ďknown traveler numberĒ and it finally worked.

DENpilot
03-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Not again?! 😭

The whole fact listing is required is ridiculous. The process at the gate takes about as long as any other airline that doesn't require a listing.

sMFer
03-24-2019, 10:43 PM
I used to see that screen of death all the time while listing on AA. I was told that problem was a MyIdtravel issue.

snackysmores
03-25-2019, 05:48 PM
Hope you guys get this thing fixed soon...Your airline is putting your reciprocal agreements at risk.

at6d
03-25-2019, 07:30 PM
Is that a fact?

Klsytakesit
03-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Hope you guys get this thing fixed soon...Your airline is putting your reciprocal agreements at risk.

Certainly not at Alaska Airlines. All are welcome and there is no silly listing system and no silly dress code. ID & pilots license. Clean and neat...Good to go

snackysmores
03-25-2019, 08:12 PM
Is that a fact?

People are talking, things have been said...You know how it goes.

SWA will always be welcome in my jump, even if your reservation system is sh1t.

at6d
03-25-2019, 10:56 PM
You are at Alaska?

Bluesideup1
03-26-2019, 02:22 AM

HAHAHAHA

Please show me where just one union, airline or anyone in any official capacity has said anything even remotely in the realm that you are talking about. You can't because you are pulling it out of your [email protected]#$#.

This issue happens with other airlines as the previous poster said it is more of a problem with my ID travel.

The other issue has been taken care of and affected an incredibly small percentage of pilots.

The fact that you even think this is remotely a thing shows that you need to put down the vodka, step away from the computer and take some time off away from APC.

Because I am sure that removing the largest domestic carrier from your reciprocal agreement over very few problems with the jumpseat will hurt a lot more non SW people than it will anyone else.

The best part is your post was almost as comical as the Monday PIREP.

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 03:48 AM
HAHAHAHA

Please show me where just one union, airline or anyone in any official capacity has said anything even remotely in the realm that you are talking about. You can't because you are pulling it out of your [email protected]#$#.

This issue happens with other airlines as the previous poster said it is more of a problem with my ID travel.

The other issue has been taken care of and affected an incredibly small percentage of pilots.

The fact that you even think this is remotely a thing shows that you need to put down the vodka, step away from the computer and take some time off away from APC.

Because I am sure that removing the largest domestic carrier from your reciprocal agreement over very few problems with the jumpseat will hurt a lot more non SW people than it will anyone else.

The best part is your post was almost as comical as the Monday PIREP.

More LUV hubris and arrogance...

Psycho18th
03-26-2019, 06:28 AM
A friend couldnít get home from LAX on us Sunday because of this issue. Sat a few hours and rode home on his own metal. Seems every company gets hit by this from time to time, though.

So the listing requirement...just dependent on the specific companyís reservation software, some government requirement, or spelled out within the contract? Seems our contract doesnít have very specific language covering OAL jumpseat access. Since we probably carry the majority of OAL commuters on our network, is it worth spending some negotiating capital to require a walk up Jumpseat option? If we spend money at the table making that happen, should we then restrict JS access to those companies who do the same?

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 07:59 AM
A friend couldnít get home from LAX on us Sunday because of this issue. Sat a few hours and rode home on his own metal. Seems every company gets hit by this from time to time, though.

So the listing requirement...just dependent on the specific companyís reservation software, some government requirement, or spelled out within the contract? Seems our contract doesnít have very specific language covering OAL jumpseat access. Since we probably carry the majority of OAL commuters on our network, is it worth spending some negotiating capital to require a walk up Jumpseat option? If we spend money at the table making that happen, should we then restrict JS access to those companies who do the same?

Sigh...

You don't need to spend neg capital for your company to do the right thing...

Let's review;

Walk up to jumpseat; DAL/UAL and just about everyone else.

Must list prior or no can do jumpseat; AAL and SWA.

So management at American and SWA enjoy their pilots easily commuting to work so they can generate revenue, but make it harder for UAL/DAL and others...

I'd say the issue is crappy in house unions but you tell me ...

hoover
03-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Spirit and frontier require listing as well. And now United you can only list at gate. Can't do it at customer service at all.

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 11:27 AM
Spirit and frontier require listing as well. And now United you can only list at gate. Can't do it at customer service at all.

How does that work at United? How many days, hours or minutes must one list at United before they can jumpseat on the flight?

DAL and UAL are an equal number of flights for jumpseat access for American and SWA, yet DAL and UAL pilots have to list prior while AAL and SWA pilots can walk up last minute, show ID and go...

WhaleSurfing
03-26-2019, 12:33 PM
As a previous poster stated, no carrier is going to rescind a jumpseat agreement with SWA and lose 4,000 flights per day for their own pilots on which to jump. Pretty dumb and/or uneducated assumption for a couple of posters here to believe anything else. Or, as usual, they just like bashing SWA and the fact that their not ALPA.

sMFer
03-26-2019, 03:03 PM
How does that work at United? How many days, hours or minutes must one list at United before they can jumpseat on the flight?

DAL and UAL are an equal number of flights for jumpseat access for American and SWA, yet DAL and UAL pilots have to list prior while AAL and SWA pilots can walk up last minute, show ID and go...

Hey douche...fairly certain your meatloaf is ready. Get outta your bathrobe and basement and go get some dinner.

Once again, play nice and Iíll give you a letter. Sorry it didnít work out the first time around.

at6d
03-26-2019, 05:27 PM
http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xSRcXRkQGOI (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xSRcXRkQGOI)

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 05:32 PM
Once again the classiest of SWA enjoy the benefits of a real union (ALPA; KCM, CASS while paying dues to a inferior one. Guess who ends up paying for it at the SWA gate?)

But LUV pilots have meatloaf.... what a bunch of jacktards.

Psycho18th
03-26-2019, 06:53 PM
So is OAL jumpseat listing at the gate in the contract where u work, or is it just the way the reservation system works there? If you have good contract language, Iíd love to see it. I can cut and paste it into the next blank sheet survey.

Psycho18th
03-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Sigh...

You don't need to spend neg capital for your company to do the right thing....

Also, Unless youíre flying a sleigh once a year with a jolly fat guy in back...I believe this quote is horse Sh!t.

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Also, Unless youíre flying a sleigh once a year with a jolly fat guy in back...I believe this quote is horse Sh!t.

Think big be big... think small... be small.

hoover
03-26-2019, 08:33 PM

Since we don't have a way of listing with United we can list at gate when we show up. Wish it was that way everywhere. Not sure why it's not for everyone except for the idea it saves the gate agents time?

Seriously though we do have a problem when I get treated better at OAL than I do at my own. Not bashing, stating a point that we need to do better. And when I say we, I mean the organization. I've never seen pilots leave another pilot when there's seats available. But it's hard to get by the first barrier.

Skyward
03-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Once again the classiest of SWA enjoy the benefits of a real union (ALPA; KCM, CASS while paying dues to a inferior one. Guess who ends up paying for it at the SWA gate?)

But LUV pilots have meatloaf.... what a bunch of jacktards.

Yeah, I paid a lot of dues money to ALPA for over a decade of my life. I much prefer SWAPA now. Iíve experienced both, and I wouldnít trade back to ALPA. Have you experienced both?

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 08:39 PM
Since we don't have a way of listing with United we can list at gate when we show up. Wish it was that way everywhere. Not sure why it's not for everyone except for the idea it saves the gate agents time?

Seriously though we do have a problem when I get treated better at OAL than I do at my own. Not bashing, stating a point that we need to do better. And when I say we, I mean the organization. I've never seen pilots leave another pilot when there's seats available. But it's hard to get by the first barrier.

You should be able to list ahead on your own airline. It should not be a requirement to list OAL... because when the system is down you can't go. All pilots should be able to walk up to any airlines gate 10m prior to departure and get cockpit access..

is that able at AAL and SWA.. or must one list themselves first?

Skyward
03-26-2019, 08:51 PM
You should be able to list ahead on your own airline. It should not be a requirement to list OAL... because when the system is down you can't go. All pilots should be able to walk up to any airlines gate 10m prior to departure and get cockpit access..

is that able at AAL and SWA.. or must one list themselves first?

We (SWA) list at the gate on SWA.

I think myIDtravel needs to go away. Itís obviously just some third party thatís convinced a few managers to outsource a job function. It bugs me everytime I jump on AA, but ya know what... Iím thankful for the ride, and I donít cry about it.

deus ex machina
03-26-2019, 08:56 PM
We (SWA) list at the gate on SWA.

So you can't list for the jumpseat on your own airline days in advance?

I think myIDtravel needs to go away. Itís obviously just some third party thatís convinced a few managers to outsource a job function. It bugs me everytime I jump on AA, but ya know what... Iím thankful for the ride, and I donít cry about it.

There is not crying about and there is working to make it better...

at6d
03-26-2019, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I paid a lot of dues money to ALPA for over a decade of my life. I much prefer SWAPA now. Iíve experienced both, and I wouldnít trade back to ALPA. Have you experienced both?

Same.

Seems to me the Deus Ex Machina is in full effect, once again hoisting himself back onto the stage.

Rolf
03-26-2019, 10:55 PM
Dous,
I missed you.
Would you agree section 1 is the most important part of a contract?
How well does SWAPA section 1 stand up to UAL or DAL?
Have you contacted your rep and explained how important it is?

Bluesideup1
03-27-2019, 02:00 AM
More LUV hubris and arrogance...

Nope people say stupid things and get called out on it. Then again I'm sure your very familiar with that.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Dous,
I missed you.

Thanks for the laugh... enjoy your RJs.. I'll enjoy by double breasted jacket... bwhahahaha

Rolf
03-27-2019, 09:18 AM
What RJ’s? They are doing your flying.
Can’t answer the questions?

WhaleSurfing
03-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Dous,
I missed you.

Touchť !!!!!!!

WhaleSurfing
03-27-2019, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the laugh... enjoy your RJs.. I'll enjoy by double breasted jacket... bwhahahaha

Well bathrobes do have that double-breasted look to them. More meatloaf please.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 10:31 AM
What RJís? They are doing your flying.
Canít answer the questions?

Dude... the 737 is an RJ... SWA is one big regional... but you want to laugh at DAL for having scope... enjoy your Holiday Inn Express motels... bwhahahaha.... got any more of that 1-2-3 50?

Rolf
03-27-2019, 10:47 AM
How about A320’s? Where is the line? Enjoy your lack of scope.
PS
I think DAL is a great company, I’m laughing at you.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 10:53 AM
How about A320ís? Where is the line? Enjoy your lack of scope.
PS
I think DAL is a great company, Iím laughing at you.

and I am laughing at SWAPA...

Rolf
03-27-2019, 10:54 AM
Because they canít negotiate a good section 1, the most important part of any contract?

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Because they canít negotiate a good section 1, the most important part of any contract?

Different biz model...

Our guys just want to enjoy jumpseat access on your jets like you easily do on ours... but that is too hard for SWAPA.

Enjoy that ALPA originated KCM... and just about everything else with a national impact on your career...

Peacock
03-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Enjoy that ALPA originated KCM... and just about everything else with a national impact on your career...

I do enjoy KCM about as much as you enjoy beating your chest over the accomplishments of others.

ecam
03-27-2019, 12:04 PM
No dog in this fight but its pretty rich for a Delta jackhole to be throwing rocks at Southwest about scope. We will all have the last laugh when you are a domestic airline except for feeding your "international hubs" where your codeshare partners take over and get your passengers to places you used to fly your own metal. You wussies made the same mistake in international scope that you made with RJs but your still too busy ****ing on everyone else to notice. It's pretty funny how you guys think your the best airline out there but everyone in the industry thinks your the worst outside of paychecks. Enjoy your hat and double breasted jacket and we will keep laughing at you dillweeds reporting light chop on guard.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 12:33 PM
No dog in this fight but its pretty rich for a Delta jackhole to be throwing rocks at Southwest about scope. We will all have the last laugh when you are a domestic airline except for feeding your "international hubs" where your codeshare partners take over and get your passengers to places you used to fly your own metal. You wussies made the same mistake in international scope that you made with RJs but your still too busy ****ing on everyone else to notice. It's pretty funny how you guys think your the best airline out there but everyone in the industry thinks your the worst outside of paychecks. Enjoy your hat and double breasted jacket and we will keep laughing at you dillweeds reporting light chop on guard.

I didn't bring up scope... the SWA jacktards did because they don't want to talk about how weak SWAPA is to compel their company to do the right thing and make js access as good as SWA pilots have on other carriers...

SWAPA... owned by management.

Rolf
03-27-2019, 12:42 PM
Called it.

But he still wonít talk about how an independent union got the absolutely best section 1 in the country. If he did, there would be excuses about hub and spoke, bankruptcies etc. Just excuses.
ALPA is a good organization but they sure donít have the monopoly on brains.

The most important section doesnít count, because reasons. But KCM and IT failures ends the world.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 12:52 PM
Called it.

The most important section doesn’t count, because reasons. But KCM and IT failures ends the world.

As I said.. the issue is jumpseat access but you guys gotta find something to shine... so you bring up scope.

How does DAL scope effect a SWA pilot? It doesn't. How does SWA jumpeat IT effect a DAL pilot... very much so... we good?

Rolf
03-27-2019, 01:03 PM
Are you saying the feeders have had no impact on pilot wages?
Fix your scope.
And to the JS, the IT failures embarrass me, but you donít really believe SWA owns SWAPA and Jon do you? You canít acknowledge other unions have done good.

Smokey23
03-27-2019, 01:12 PM
As I said.. the issue is jumpseat access but you guys gotta find something to shine... so you bring up scope.

How does DAL scope effect a SWA pilot? It doesn't. How does SWA jumpeat IT effect a DAL pilot... very much so... we good?

Tell you what, tough guy, we'll try to get SWAPA to spend some negotiating capital on better jumpseat access...how about YOU get DALPA to spend some negotiating capital on adding a 2nd jumpseat to all your 737s?

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Tell you what, tough guy, we'll try to get SWAPA to spend some negotiating capital on better jumpseat access...how about YOU get DALPA to spend some negotiating capital on adding a 2nd jumpseat to all your 737s?

Dude.... you don't need to spend neg capital to compel your company to reciprocate access... you just shame them into doing it. Why? because it's the right thing for SWA management to do. It's very easy for you guys to get to work on us. That is a SWA management win.

What is wrong with the first and second js in our 75/76 and Triples? Are you myopic to only think 737? Wait, don't answer that.

Smokey23
03-27-2019, 03:46 PM
Dude.... you don't need to spend neg capital to compel your company to reciprocate access... you just shame them into doing it.

Why of course, Dude, we should just SHAME them into doing it! <palm to forehead> How did we not think of that one! Yes, yes....SHAME them into doing it! Because SHAME is a HUGELY effective motivational tool when dealing with tight-fisted management that have about two dozen other major IT projects in the que ahead of simplifying our less-than-OAL-pilot-friendly jumpseat procedures.

Truly, I am engaging with genius....or perhaps General Lee.

Why? because it's the right thing for SWA management to do. It's very easy for you guys to get to work on us. That is a SWA management win.

What is wrong with the first and second js in our 75/76 and Triples? Are you myopic to only think 737? Wait, don't answer that.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I do an international or transcon jumpseat (basically never.) When it comes to real-world commutes, more than likely it will be on a N/B.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 04:07 PM
Why of course, Dude, we should just SHAME them into doing it! <palm to forehead> How did we not think of that one! Yes, yes....SHAME them into doing it! Because SHAME is a HUGELY effective motivational tool when dealing with tight-fisted management that have about two dozen other major IT projects in the que ahead of simplifying our less-than-OAL-pilot-friendly jumpseat procedures.

Truly, I am engaging with genius....or perhaps General Lee.

Classic SWA... doesn't want to do the right thing for his fellow professional pilots (DAL/UAL, etc) because he doesn't have the balls to confront his beloved management...

Thanks, guess we will just get left at the gate while we watch SWA jets pushback with empty jumpseats...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I do an international or transcon jumpseat (basically never.) When it comes to real-world commutes, more than likely it will be on a N/B.

So it's all about you? Not your fellow SWA pilots that might need that transcon js or int'l travel?

The most amazed jumpseaters I see are SWA pilots jumpseating int'l sitting in first class... it's like an entire different world that Big Daddy SWA management never told them about all while telling them SWA world is the best and greatest...

At least we aren't talking about scope anymore...

RJSAviator76
03-27-2019, 05:48 PM
Smokey, why are you feeding the troll?

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 05:59 PM
Smokey, why are you feeding the troll?

He's not feeding.. he's getting schooled...

Rolf
03-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Next, school us in how to negotiate a successful section 1.

deus ex machina
03-27-2019, 07:00 PM
Next, school us in how to negotiate a successful section 1.

dude... focus... the issue is an unresolved jumpseating process on SWA... still broken... yet arrogance is still prevalent...

Fix. your. crap.

Skyward
03-27-2019, 07:14 PM

And preboard. I want to pre-board! :D