Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Future Sim delays?

jslehman1
12-19-2018, 09:11 AM
After captain upgrade training is completed in March, has anyone heard whether new hire training will be completed in the 2.5 month timeframe or is there still likely to be sim delays? I know this is out there in the future, but didn’t know if someone has any insight.

CH1203
12-19-2018, 09:36 AM
I was in the February 5th class and they pushed me to April 8th. My recruiter said they don't expect any delays.

TheWeatherman
12-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Sure

filler

starkutt1
12-19-2018, 05:21 PM
I was in the February 5th class and they pushed me to April 8th. My recruiter said they don't expect any delays.

Was also in the feb 5th class got pushed to April 8th I hope this upgrade class clears up the training delays

Captain Slow
12-20-2018, 07:10 AM
Captain upgrades will never be “complete.” Expect roughly 20-30 upgrades a month for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05Duramax
12-20-2018, 09:12 AM
I go to ATP-CTP mid January. I have not heard anything from the company about delays. Just to get this straight they have been sending folks to ATP, then indoc for a couple of days then the 2-3 month delay? Curious on the timeline of how it's all been working?

4V14T0R
12-20-2018, 11:47 AM
I go to ATP-CTP mid January. I have not heard anything from the company about delays. Just to get this straight they have been sending folks to ATP, then indoc for a couple of days then the 2-3 month delay? Curious on the timeline of how it's all been working?

I don’t think anyone starting after the January Indoc classes will have a new hire orientation followed by a paid break. That’s why they are not running new hire classes during February and March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jslehman1
12-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Was able to confirm today with a recruiter that the classes that were pushed back should expect no delay. Hope that stays true 4 months from now when classes start!

Viking6
12-23-2018, 06:56 AM
Was able to confirm today with a recruiter that the classes that were pushed back should expect no delay. Hope that stays true 4 months from now when classes start!

If they’re paying you guys, just enjoy the time off and maybe travel.

starkutt1
12-23-2018, 07:26 AM
If they’re paying you guys, just enjoy the time off and maybe travel.

Not getting paid

TheWeatherman
12-23-2018, 09:34 AM
Yeah, that free lunch was for people who already had a class date and had it pushed back. Now they are hiring, but giving you a class dates down 6 - 8 months down the road.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1