Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 737 type rating

flensr
12-21-2018, 09:00 PM
So... What are the go-to operations for a 737 type rating? For someone who already has an ATP, just wants the type.

Thanks in advance!

Moe96
12-23-2018, 03:42 PM
I know it used to be High Power (or Higher Power?). From my understanding thats where all the Southwest die hards went if they wanted a type to increase chances of getting in. I believe they have been bought out by ATP now though. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Twin Wasp
12-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Higher Power/ATP Jets no longer does Boeing type ratings.

sourdough44
12-27-2018, 03:11 AM
Id rather just do the airline specific training once hired. I realize it was a bigger deal years back to get an interview, not sure how it factors in today.

Maybe it would help with the apps to fly in the Far East?

captjns
12-27-2018, 03:31 AM
Id rather just do the airline specific training once hired. I realize it was a bigger deal years back to get an interview, not sure how it factors in today.

Maybe it would help with the apps to fly in the Far East?

Some airlines will offer NTR contracts, provided however, you have substantial PIC time in comparable aircraft.

Same goes for SIC NTR positions too. However, SIC time abroad will not count towards 121.436 time should you want to work for a US carrier upon your return.