Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : 1 [2]

View Full Version : ATI hiring through 2019

No Land 3
03-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Same thing happened at the regionals in 2012-215. The pre shortage push for concessions was on.... all the regionals were voting no to concessions. Republic, Expressjet, Eagle did 3x, even silver voted no....
BOOM, PSA Voted yes to concessions in exchange for some of Eagles planes and a flow. Their whole MEC was at American within a year... leaving behind a 10 year concessionary contract.
All it takes is one.

Personally I think Teamsters & ALPA should file joint action lawsuit against federal government that the RLA doesnít apply to ACMI or Regionals.

When RLA was written you couldnít go to a PanAm pilot and demand concessions under threat of giving their flying to TWA. The RLA wasnít written with the contractor business model in mind, and as a result the built in status quo protections for fair negotiations arenít there.

Not that anyone cares on this forum, but Mesa also voted no to an insulting offering from J.O. and friends(Mesa ALPA)

gumpscheck
03-12-2019, 06:55 PM
My responses are in red.

Astar, the point is that if you guys would have stuck together with the ABX Neg. Comm. you all would have gotten a much better deal. I am not even talking about Single Carrier. I am just talking about both groups cooperating. However, Mongo and his cronies were too eager to comply to V1ís and JHís request. Evidently this was done for the big prize of more airplanes and cities.

History has shown that there is always strength in numbers. But thatís ok. The past is the past. We canít do anything about it. The rest of us in the ACMI world will move on and get our deal. Even if it means burning down the White Castle.

flyguy727
03-13-2019, 03:50 AM
What's ATI current work schedule aND benefits?

flyguy727
03-13-2019, 04:00 AM
Looking for some feedback please. I have a job offer from both Atlas & ATI. After reviewing the pros and cons of both companies, I'm currently torn between which direction to go in. Any advice? Also, why is there so much hatred directed towards ATI?
Isn't that a common trait in the industry? Pilots are never happy, and there own worse enemies.

NeverHome
03-13-2019, 06:57 AM
So any word on classes?

ACMItrash
03-13-2019, 09:53 AM
What's ATI current work schedule aND benefits?

17 to 34 days on with some 4 hour airport sits at 4 am. It's awesome. Then 12 days off!

fr8dog61
03-15-2019, 02:35 AM
So any word on classes?

Yes. In the pool at ATI. Any word on classes?

nightsky2
03-28-2019, 05:07 AM
Yes. In the pool at ATI. Any word on classes?

I'm hearing a class of 12 starting 8 April. 2 more same size later not sure about those dates.

Inside DEENA
04-06-2019, 05:13 AM
Class of 12 starting April 29th.

ID

dynap09
04-06-2019, 08:47 AM
17 to 34 days on with some 4 hour airport sits at 4 am. It's awesome. Then 12 days off!

If you are doing 34 days on and 12 days off - what kind of money are you making? That would be wildly over guarantee.

Cujo665
04-06-2019, 10:24 AM
If you are doing 34 days on and 12 days off - what kind of money are you making? That would be wildly over guarantee.

Heís talking bidding stupidly and getting back to back 17 day trips over transition, and they have no pay over ride for that. So, straight pay for both months.

nightsky2
04-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Met the latest class of 12 today in ILN. 2 more verified coming shortly thereafter. Great place to work, but not for anyone expecting to be pampered. Sometimes it's just plane ole hard work. We still have fun.https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

dogo
04-09-2019, 08:54 AM
there is nothing fun working with your management....except watching your VP do a highspeed abort after V1 with the configuration warning blaring in the background! Now thatís funny.

Palomarracer
04-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Just got the call to interview on the 24th. Been applying for close to 8 months. Anyone know what I can expect or how to prepare? I do know I have get myself there etc... but do they give you full pay/hotel through training?

asherpa
04-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Just got the call to interview on the 24th. Been applying for close to 8 months. Anyone know what I can expect or how to prepare? I do know I have get myself there etc... but do they give you full pay/hotel through training?

Hiii
Do you guys know if ATI is hiring now or in near future???
Thank you... appreciate

l8fr82hub
04-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Hiii
Do you guys know if ATI is hiring now or in near future???
Thank you... appreciate
The app window should be opening soon. As for hiring it depends on how many have already interviewed.

asherpa
04-11-2019, 07:46 PM
The app window should be opening soon. As for hiring it depends on how many have already interviewed.

Thank you mate

FmrPropCapt
04-13-2019, 11:40 AM
Delete.....

nightsky2
04-15-2019, 02:12 PM

Just like any other airline interview, don't be late. If you have been invited it is your job to lose. They are looking for pilots who get along well with others for long flights and long (16 day) trips. Have some knowledge about what we do, Amazon, DHL, Combis. Don't sweat the sim. They are looking for trainability. Confidence vs cockiness; know the difference and you'll be fine. You will get full pay plus per diem starting day one of class. There will be some kind of transportation set up for the class probably a van. You don't need a car for training.

dogo
04-15-2019, 03:26 PM
Letís be real......fog a mirror and you are hired!

Jurassic Jet
04-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Letís be real......fog a mirror and you are hired!

Beat me to it.

727CA
04-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Beat me to it.

Is you're airline hiring?

nitefr8dog
04-16-2019, 03:46 AM
Is you're airline hiring?
Yes..........new hire classes throughout the summer.

woog315
04-16-2019, 06:09 AM
Yes..........new hire classes throughout the summer.

Haha, I hope youre just desperately trying to win an argument because the level of hiring at ABX is a joke compared to ATI

dogo
04-16-2019, 07:08 AM
The reason there is a difference in hiring between the two, ABX president shot his big mouth off threatening the pilot group. We just returned the favor. ATI pilot group lacks that fortitude

nitefr8dog
04-16-2019, 07:22 AM
Haha, I hope youre just desperately trying to win an argument because the level of hiring at ABX is a joke compared to ATI
Don't shoot the messenger......just answering the question. There was talk of up to 50 new hires but that would drag into the 4th qtr. I think 25ish is the current plan. Is that ok with you?

woog315
04-16-2019, 08:39 AM
Don't shoot the messenger......just answering the question. There was talk of up to 50 new hires but that would drag into the 4th qtr. I think 25ish is the current plan. Is that ok with you?

Hey, I appreciate optimism as much as anyone.

nitefr8dog
04-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Hey, I appreciate optimism as much as anyone.
Me too....even guarded.

goinaround
04-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Hey....if the powers at ABX are smart...they'll hire all the non college degreed, low jet PIC, lowered expectation pilots they can find. Then when the retirement waterfall begins....they'll be the majority to sign in a super-soapy contract.

Guinnesslovr
04-16-2019, 02:05 PM
Just got a voicemail to schedule an interview with ATI. Any idea on class dates after the 29th?

balmy
04-16-2019, 02:21 PM
I applied back in February and received a call for an interview today as well. I probably wouldn't be able to go until June. Curious what class dates, hiring projections and if there are new aircraft being added for the continued hiring? Thanks.

nitefr8dog
04-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Hey....if the powers at ABX are smart...they'll hire all the non college degreed, low jet PIC, lowered expectation pilots they can find. Then when the retirement waterfall begins....they'll be the majority to sign in a super-soapy contract.
Pretty sure that is the same pool all acmi will be hiring from going forward...

Jecain7
04-16-2019, 04:35 PM
I got a call today as well, I was taking a nap and didn't answer. Sorta interested but to evaluate my current job vs taking on something completely different.

Jurassic Jet
04-16-2019, 05:07 PM
I got a call today as well, I was taking a nap and didn't answer. Sorta interested but to evaluate my current job vs taking on something completely different.

The nap will do way better for you than a job at any ATSG carrier.

727CA
04-16-2019, 08:09 PM
The nap will do way better for you than a job at any ATSG carrier.
Don't listen to the haters. I can't speak for all ATSG airlines, but ATI is hiring, and it's a great place to work.

Crazy Canuck
04-17-2019, 12:37 AM
Have any of you considering interviews at ATI done any research into this company? Have you realized the same guy who runs ABX and is vindictively putting them and their pilots through hardship is the same guy who runs ATI.

If that doesn't scare you, the fact ATI settled for 75 cents on the dollar, metaphorically, should.

dogo
04-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Post #285
Must be JVís son or Woodyís testes.

baldwin
04-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Post #285
Must be JVís son or Woodyís testes.

More like JV himself than his kid.
baby V has been running his mouth for the past year about how heís gonna leave for a legacy if he gets hired. He even told this to crazy Mike and his wife out in Stockton when they were doing ground transpo. hilarious.

dogo
04-17-2019, 04:00 PM
Heís gonna find out that his reputation has already preceded him. Iím sure one of the interview questions will be ďTell is about the time you almost ran a 767 out of gas!Ē

l8fr82hub
04-22-2019, 10:48 AM
ATI opened the First Officer application window today. It'll close on May 3rd.

Aerospeed
05-01-2019, 05:51 PM
If that doesn't scare you, the fact ATI settled for 75 cents on the dollar, metaphorically, should.

ATI is one of the highest paid in the cargo industry now. Next, we negotiate work rules. Itís called a two phase approach. All the while the rest (ex: ABX) are holding their hands out begging for at least one of our turds! Jealous pilots everywhere, we just ignore em. We got ours and moral is high at ATI!

dogo
05-02-2019, 04:22 AM
.....and no defined benefits program. Must be a 3 phased approach

Aerospeed
05-02-2019, 10:24 AM
.....and no defined benefits program. Must be a 3 phased approach

Nah, thatíll be part of phase two!

nitefr8dog
05-02-2019, 12:15 PM
You will never get any of it.....you took a low pay raise. And JH laughed all the way to the bank. The real money is the soft pay... you guys jumped on hourly....very short sided.

nitefr8dog
05-02-2019, 01:15 PM
This was your first contract with JH. ABX is on their 5th. No soft pay or scheduling protection or scope or decent disability pay. Its unlike anyone one else in the industry. Who gets 1500$ per day for going to JFK instead of MIA as scheduled? Sometimes 6 to 8 days a month! You set the bar by accepting a pay raise that was still short of what was available because you accepted a previous contract at food stamp wages and any improvement would have been hugh. JH will now tell you if you don't like it your aircraft will be moved to other sister companies. Why... because your contract allows it and you agreed to no strike clause. ATI is a toothless dog. You played right into his hand.

Jurassic Jet
05-02-2019, 02:33 PM
JH will now tell you if you don't like it your aircraft will be moved to other sister companies. Why... because your contract allows it and you agreed to no strike clause. ATI is a toothless dog. You played right into his hand.

They will learn real soon. Kind of like a perfect storm right about when the narrow body scope expires too. :cool:

Aerospeed
05-02-2019, 07:45 PM
You will never get any of it.....you took a low pay raise. And JH laughed all the way to the bank. The real money is the soft pay... you guys jumped on hourly....very short sided.

Nope, weíll for sure get what we want. No doubt about it!

nitefr8dog
05-03-2019, 02:59 AM

Haha....now that is funny. Management troll. No doubt about it!

gumpscheck
05-03-2019, 08:27 AM

Yep. And what you all want is whatever JH tells you what you want. Nothing more...

MentalMidget
05-03-2019, 01:46 PM

I would suggest everyone ignore this clown aerospeed. He is obviously a paid management troll :eek:

l8fr82hub
05-08-2019, 07:51 AM
The application window is open again. Closes 5/17

Kingairguy08
05-08-2019, 08:44 AM
The application window is open again. Closes 5/17I wonder how often they are running classes or how large the pool is?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

point432
05-08-2019, 08:51 AM
The application window is open again. Closes 5/17

Why donít they just leave the app open? They make it sound so exclusive, like its Hawaiian or etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l8fr82hub
05-08-2019, 02:35 PM
I wonder how often they are running classes or how large the pool is?

I donít know about the pool size, but so far theyíve hired two classes with a total of 28

jcolon
05-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone, I was called to go for an interview with ATI some time in June. I know a couple of Captains there and both used to be a little bit arrogant as part of their personality. I honestly don't know if they are still the same... but I was wondering if as part of the "non-written" requirements to get hire, was also to be arrogant as the common denominator among those guys; If that is the case, I'm just worried about how to pretend to be arrogant during the interview since I consider my self humble.

baldwin
05-08-2019, 04:07 PM
thatís one strange cat.

or a really weird troll?

I canít tell...

goinaround
05-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone, I was called to go for an interview with ATI some time in June. I know a couple of Captains there and both used to be a little bit arrogant as part of their personality. I honestly don't know if they are still the same... but I was wondering if as part of the "non-written" requirements to get hire, was also to be arrogant as the common denominator among those guys; If that is the case, I'm just worried about how to pretend to be arrogant during the interview since I consider my self humble.

Just go out there and be the biggest d*ck that you can be......

asherpa
05-08-2019, 05:52 PM

Hiii... I did apply also and I received the Thank for applying automated email on 22nd April... do you know how long did you wait before the they call you for the interview.???? Thank you.... I really appreciate it.

Kingairguy08
05-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Hiii... I did apply also and I received the Thank for applying automated email on 22nd April... do you know how long did you wait before the they call you for the interview.???? Thank you.... I really appreciate it.It took a little over 6 months for me to get a call for a interview.

bright yellow
05-09-2019, 02:20 AM
APC listed 3.5% b funds. Is this true with the recent TA?

b707guy
05-09-2019, 02:57 AM
APC listed 3.5% b funds. Is this true with the recent TA?

Company match is 3.5% non-elective (Company makes this contribution regardless of whether you participate), plus 50 cents on the dollar of what you contribute up to 2.5%, for a total of 6%. Total matching is not capped.

b707guy
05-09-2019, 05:14 AM

Well, go ahead and interview, but I think your TBNT will go something like "We find your lack of arrogance disturbing. Please consider applying at our sister airline, where you may find a better fit". 😜

dogo
05-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Speaking of arrogance.....congratulations to your new assistant chief pilot, Ted L. Itís amazing ATI has become the depository for ABX rejects......enjoy!

woog315
05-09-2019, 08:17 AM
Company match is 3.5% non-elective (Company makes this contribution regardless of whether you participate), plus 50 cents on the dollar of what you contribute up to 2.5%, for a total of 6%. Total matching is not capped.

What you typed makes no sense. Total match is capped at 6% (just like you said... right before you said it wasn't capped) Total employee *contribution* is capped by IRS max of $19k, but there is no match above the 6%.

If your paycheck is $100,000 and you contribute at least 5% of your paycheck (to get the match), your 401k contribution from ATI will be $6k- so it would be fair to say your compensation was $106k. This is the max ATI will give you. Whatever you put in above that is up to you, but ATI won't contribute or match anything. This retirement is significantly worse than what ABX already has, so this is one of many reasons you will see people crying that ATI undercut the industry during a time of record expansion. Thanks again, guys.

Jurassic Jet
05-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Please consider applying at our sister airline, where you may find a better fit". 😜

You should really get off here for a bit and go fly. Youíve got ABX pensions to help fund. :D

dynap09
05-09-2019, 09:28 AM
I'm just worried about how to pretend to be arrogant during the interview since I consider my self humble.

Probably should fly somewhere else.

ABX is hiring and you may fit in well there.

midnightshuttle
05-09-2019, 01:19 PM
Your pay will be SO jacked up you wont care about a 401 anymore.

baldwin
05-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Your pay will be SO jacked up you wont care about a 401 anymore.

Ummm, no.

baldwin
05-09-2019, 02:36 PM
What you typed makes no sense. Total match is capped at 6% (just like you said... right before you said it wasn't capped) Total employee *contribution* is capped by IRS max of $19k, but there is no match above the 6%.

If your paycheck is $100,000 and you contribute at least 5% of your paycheck (to get the match), your 401k contribution from ATI will be $6k- so it would be fair to say your compensation was $106k. This is the max ATI will give you. Whatever you put in above that is up to you, but ATI won't contribute or match anything. This retirement is significantly worse than what ABX already has, so this is one of many reasons you will see people crying that ATI undercut the industry during a time of record expansion. Thanks again, guys.

I think what heís saying is the dollars matched isnít capped like it is at Kalitta ($10k)... so using your example, if your paycheck is $200,000
then your 401k contribution from ATI would be $12k... in other words slightly better than K4. Granted this would only be the case for 12+ year CAs because no one else at ATI would be grossing $200k

nitefr8dog
05-09-2019, 07:57 PM
7Hi everyone, I was called to go for an interview with ATI some time in June. I know a couple of Captains there and both used to be a little bit arrogant as part of their personality. I honestly don't know if they are still the same... but I was wondering if as part of the "non-written" requirements to get hire, was also to be arrogant as the common denominator among those guys; If that is the case, I'm just worried about how to pretend to be arrogant during the interview since I consider my self humble.

Go in with your pants around your ankles. Tell them you are not interested in anything competitive....retirement and schedules mean nothing to you. You will fit right in!

Whitesnake
05-13-2019, 01:57 PM
ATI is one of the highest paid in the cargo industry now. Next, we negotiate work rules. It’s called a two phase approach. All the while the rest (ex: ABX) are holding their hands out begging for at least one of our turds! Jealous pilots everywhere, we just ignore em. We got ours and moral is high at ATI!

You are a first class TOOL.
I hope you are enjoying your 6% matching and lump sum total, which was overwhelmingly deemed an improvement from your previous 6% matching total.
“Moral is High at ATI”
Love that !

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1