Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Current competitive numbers

Excargodog
12-28-2018, 08:32 AM
I think it would be helpful to a lot of aspiring regional and military people if those of you who have recently gotten a CJO from a major could give us an idea of just what are currently competitive numbers. Just mere mortals please, if you are the grandson of the CEO of United and just got selected with 1500TT and 12 hours of ME, well, your experience probably won't generalize. But if you are just one of the guys, could you please give your approximate TT, Turbine time, TPIC, 121 time, military time, and any other facts you believe contributed to your job offer (LCA, etc)?

Also, if you are comfortable doing it, the major you got your CJO from.

Real numbers rather than just application minimums can help us with our career planning even though we are all probably going to apply at the application minimums anyway.

:D

Quiet Storm
12-28-2018, 08:56 AM
I think it would be helpful to a lot of aspiring regional and military people if those of you who have recently gotten a CJO from a major could give us an idea of just what are currently competitive numbers. Just mere mortals please, if you are the grandson of the CEO of United and just got selected with 1500TT and 12 hours of ME, well, your experience probably won't generalize. But if you are just one of the guys, could you please give your approximate TT, Turbine time, TPIC, 121 time, military time, and any other facts you believe contributed to your job offer (LCA, etc)?

Also, if you are comfortable doing it, the major you got your CJO from.

Real numbers rather than just application minimums can help us with our career planning even though we are all probably going to apply at the application minimums anyway.

:D
CJO from Jetblue
Estimate times when I got the invite to interview :

RJ CA
TT: 4500 ( all but about 700 is turbine )
TPIC 950

No military or LCA

I had 3 internal recs and had a friend hand my resume to a Chief a week before I attended a job fair, this past summer . Two weeks after, I received an invite to do the video interview.

Hope this helps

NotMrNiceGuy
12-28-2018, 09:23 AM
CJO from Jetblue
Estimate times when I got the invite to interview :

RJ CA
TT: 4500 ( all but about 700 is turbine )
TPIC 950

No military or LCA

I had 3 internal recs and had a friend hand my resume to a Chief a week before I attended a job fair, this past summer . Two weeks after, I received an invite to do the video interview.

Hope this helps

Just curious, are you gonna get that last 50 TPIC before you leave (assuming youíre taking the offer)?

Quiet Storm
12-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Just curious, are you gonna get that last 50 TPIC before you leave (assuming youíre taking the offer)?

Yes , I got the interview invite back in August. I am well over 1000 now .

NotMrNiceGuy
12-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Yes , I got the interview invite back in August. I am well over 1000 now .

I think thatís a wise move. Iíve known several to get invites in the 1000 to 1200 range. Especially for Brown and Purple.

Quiet Storm
12-28-2018, 12:56 PM
I think thatís a wise move. Iíve known several to get invites in the 1000 to 1200 range. Especially for Brown and Purple.

Thanks ! Good to know !

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1