Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Tnkotb

riel39
12-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Iíll just leave this right here...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p46nbpxnvS4

Arado 234
12-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Check this out (possibly more shocking)!

https://youtu.be/j0N7Ede66mY

viper548
12-29-2018, 04:35 PM
and what's your point?

Al Czervik
12-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Great thread title

MEFLIGHT
12-29-2018, 06:59 PM
So, YouTube fever is not exclusive of "Regional" young millenniums anymore? LOL

Arado 234
12-29-2018, 07:02 PM
and what's your point?

Is there one?

ShyGuy
12-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Check this out (possibly more shocking)!

https://youtu.be/j0N7Ede66mY

Wow, walk away from that at his age? Good luck!

I Ike the whole “net zero” argument about having left the airport on day 1 and back on day 5 at the same spot and nothing changed. True... except you’re a couple thousand dollar richer! Any job you do you are gonna park your car, do the grind, and return to the same car to go home. Net zero in almost every case. I suppose he is trying to find something more fulfilling and maybe a job where he feels like he is making a more personal difference, but not many jobs in the UK can you makeup the earning potential of a BA Captain.

ShyGuy
12-29-2018, 08:33 PM
So, YouTube fever is not exclusive of "Regional" young millenniums anymore? LOL

Heís 26 fresh out of a regional, still a millennial ;)

Not many 50-65 yr old airline pilots sitting in front of their laptop/iPhone on a stick making YouTube videos. Unless youíre Capt Scott, he gets a pass.

Name User
12-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Wow, walk away from that at his age? Good luck!

I Ike the whole “net zero” argument about having left the airport on day 1 and back on day 5 at the same spot and nothing changed. True... except you’re a couple thousand dollar richer! Any job you do you are gonna park your car, do the grind, and return to the same car to go home. Net zero in almost every case. I suppose he is trying to find something more fulfilling and maybe a job where he feels like he is making a more personal difference, but not many jobs in the UK can you makeup the earning potential of a BA Captain.
He may already be wealthy

I was just talking to my wife about this. The earning potential we have is good but our jobs are unfulfilling. I enjoy mine to an extent but the thought of line flying till retirement is just demoralizing. Her corporate job pays well but is meaningless in what it accomplishes for others, and herself spiritually.

Sadly my burnout exists even after just coming off 30 days of not flying on vacation.

I can completely identify with that guy.

thrust
12-29-2018, 09:18 PM

I was just talking to my wife about this. The earning potential we have is good but our jobs are unfulfilling. I enjoy mine to an extent but the thought of line flying till retirement is just demoralizing. Her corporate job pays well but is meaningless in what it accomplishes for others, and herself spiritually.

Sadly my burnout exists even after just coming off 30 days of not flying on vacation.

Between this and your belief that the era of unmanned part 121 aviation is near... you should probably resign and free up a seniority number for someone else.

Best of luck finding personal fulfillment in your future endeavors. Please let us know where you end up.

ShyGuy
12-29-2018, 09:59 PM

I find it fulfilling. Getting people to where they are going, seeing the happiness in kids and families, and just the flying in general.

Arado 234
12-30-2018, 01:06 AM

Out of curiosity, what's your age and total flight time?

drinksonme
12-30-2018, 03:07 AM

How do you have time for vacation with all that day trading you do? How can you keep your portfolio making hundreds of thousands of dollars if you take a 30 day break?

Name User
12-30-2018, 04:58 AM
Between this and your belief that the era of unmanned part 121 aviation is near... you should probably resign and free up a seniority number for someone else.

Best of luck finding personal fulfillment in your future endeavors. Please let us know where you end up.

Larry Page has personally funded three autonomous aircraft companies as an example. There is sooooo much money going into it I don't see how it's not inevitable. Personally I find that kind of stuff exciting to think about and how to overcome its problems, not flying from LA to NY for five hours. Yawn. But, my wife tells me I have ADD.

I still like flying...just...not the actual flying part :D.

Name User
12-30-2018, 05:11 AM
I find it fulfilling. Getting people to where they are going, seeing the happiness in kids and families, and just the flying in general.

Well bus drivers get people where they are going as well.

There are mini challenges I can accomplish but none that approach the problem solving of other jobs.

It's not the airline, or travel, as that part of the job I do find exciting. Maybe, it's the realization that we are just small cogs in the wheel that have zero effect on the overall operation.

Corporate jobs suck the life out of you, it's why people suddenly quit their nice salaried jobs to open up bakeries (for example). We are lucky to not have that sort of position but my wife does and listening in to conference calls it's just a toxic environment to be in.

Name User
12-30-2018, 05:12 AM
How do you have time for vacation with all that day trading you do? How can you keep your portfolio making hundreds of thousands of dollars if you take a 30 day break?

I don't know what you are referring to, I don't day trade. Wouldn't know the first thing about it. Maybe ask LL :D.

biigD
12-30-2018, 05:12 AM

Based on his posts, I get the impression that he wouldn't be happy anywhere. There are just some people out there with those Eeyore personalities.

::shrug::

I think I have a pretty good job. My fulfillment comes from my family, friends, and the stuff I do outside of work. This flying thing gives me a solid income and the ability to completely turn the job off for over half the month. Hell, even when I'm *at* work, there's a lot of down time to focus my attention elsewhere. Too lazy for that crap, though. :)

I'm happy for the guys smart enough to realize the lifestyle isn't for them - especially early in the process. Better they figure that out before they turn into miserable SOBs that I'll eventually end up having to fly with!

mainlineAF
12-30-2018, 07:44 AM

Thatís why itís called a job. Anytime you have to do something when you donít want to it sucks.

You have good info and i appreciate your perspective on a lot of things but youíre a glass half empty guy, and thatís ok.

mainlineAF
12-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Brandon, no one gives two effs about your commute to JFK. Good god man get a hobby.

viper548
12-30-2018, 08:20 AM
Brandon, no one gives two effs about your commute to JFK. Good god man get a hobby.

Judging by his subscribers and likes on his video, quite a few people care. His target audience isn't airline pilots.

2StgTurbine
12-30-2018, 10:50 AM
I enjoy mine to an extent but the thought of line flying till retirement is just demoralizing. Her corporate job pays well but is meaningless in what it accomplishes for others, and herself spiritually.

It's OK not to like your job. That is why you are paid. Very few people have jobs that actually make them happy. There are bigger things to worry about than not being excited to go to work. That is what hobbies are for and since your job pays well and gives you 30 days off, your job gives you a lot of resources to develop some fulfilling hobbies.

Name User
12-30-2018, 11:59 AM
Thatís why itís called a job. Anytime you have to do something when you donít want to it sucks.

You have good info and i appreciate your perspective on a lot of things but youíre a glass half empty guy, and thatís ok.

Thanks I appreciate your comments.

Name User
12-30-2018, 12:09 PM
It's OK not to like your job. That is why you are paid. Very few people have jobs that actually make them happy. There are bigger things to worry about than not being excited to go to work. That is what hobbies are for and since your job pays well and gives you 30 days off, your job gives you a lot of resources to develop some fulfilling hobbies.

I agree we are lucky to have a well paying job that affords a lot of time off. We all worked hard to get here and I'm not trying to downplay that at all.

Prettywhacked1
12-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Jesus, is this what American/USAir/America West/TWA has come to???? Hiring Millennial regional types who archive their life online just like taking selfies and posting what they had for lunch???

A sad day. Please donít assume airline pilots are this narrow minded and self obsessed.

My .02

Arado 234
12-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Jesus, is this what American/USAir/America West/TWA has come to???? Hiring Millennial regional types who archive their life online just like taking selfies and posting what they had for lunch???

A sad day. Please donít assume airline pilots are this narrow minded and self obsessed.

My .02

You axed for it, you get it:

https://youtu.be/8yHP-ppOWNE

Enjoy!

mainlineAF
12-30-2018, 02:24 PM

Enjoy!

Iím ready for ground school!!!

MEFLIGHT
12-30-2018, 03:56 PM

Enjoy!

It's understandable when you're young millennium and hitting your first airline job, but after you've been through the ranks and made it to a major?

sherpster
12-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Im curious if keeps a uniform at ops (doubtful) or packed his uniform in his suitcase. If in his suitcase, how do you keep that thing from looking like crap? I never found an iron at jfk ops. As a commuter, I havent figured out that part of the job so I just wear my uniform

Noflex zone
12-30-2018, 07:09 PM
Got word that my page was put on this forum so here I am. This is Brandon. If you have questions just ask. Iíll answer them. Not really sure what the first Poster meant by ďIíll leave this hereĒ but yea. Ask away.

Being a ďYouTuberĒ (Photography/videography) is actually a hobby. If you donít like it then itís just not meant for you my man. No biggie

flyviper
12-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Got word that my page was put on this forum so here I am. This is Brandon. If you have questions just ask. Iíll answer them. Not really sure what the first Poster meant by ďIíll leave this hereĒ but yea. Ask away.

Being a ďYouTuberĒ (Photography/videography) is actually a hobby. If you donít like it then itís just not meant for you my man. No biggieDo what you like Brandon, follow your passion and sometimes you just have to tune out the naysayers.

Best of luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Noflex zone
12-30-2018, 07:27 PM

My .02

Donít think Iím narrow minded or self obsessed at all.

I made my channel as an aid to those that are not pilots, want to be pilots, and donít know what all it entails. Thereís loads of people who start this profession and after blowing a crap ton of money figure out they donít like something about it that makes it a deal breaker. For example... the amount of time spent away from home.... or better yet since this is the video posted in the forum, commuting.

I feel like I can connect with people who are similar to what I was like as a young kid and be a virtual mentor. Check the comments section on my videos and you can see Iím trying to help people. At least in the best way I know how.

Iím not good with large crowds and visiting schools etc. But talking to a camera to accomplish the same thing. I can do that.

If you think this is self obsession I canít argue with you. Your opinion is your opinion. Maybe itís a millennial thing haha

I personally donít think my videos are that good. Just started. The video in particular thatís posted is my first one and a lot worse than the others yet has unfortunately gathered the most attention. Corp Comm understands my motive and has given me guidance (As well as the FAA and TSA) on what I can and canít do with my camera and social media. What did I do that has you so triggered exactly?

Noflex zone
12-30-2018, 07:29 PM
Im curious if keeps a uniform at ops (doubtful) or packed his uniform in his suitcase. If in his suitcase, how do you keep that thing from looking like crap? I never found an iron at jfk ops. As a commuter, I havent figured out that part of the job so I just wear my uniform

Itís all in the editing. I carried my suit in a suit bag separate. The camera is deceiving.

sherpster
12-31-2018, 01:44 AM
Itís all in the editing. I carried my suit in a suit bag separate. The camera is deceiving.

Good on you. The one time I carried my uniform in a suit bag I had to keep the damn thing on my lap the entire commute flight, total pia. I will figure it out one day.

I could never do what you are doing but all the power to ya.

Battlinbear21
12-31-2018, 02:29 AM
Need to Colab w Stella and yíall will be the NYC Aviation Ambassadors. Be more as famous and Dutch Pilot Girl and Capt Joe. A 7 year old did make 28M last year on the tube. some kid made one about quitting psa to be a cfi again and started his own ďKing CourseĒ so to speak. Itís nothing new, iím headed back to Sickipiedia where there is my kind of entertainment.

Pilot X
12-31-2018, 06:34 AM
Need to Colab w Stella and yíall will be the NYC Aviation Ambassadors. Be more as famous and Dutch Pilot Girl and Capt Joe. A 7 year old did make 28M last year on the tube. some kid made one about quitting psa to be a cfi again and started his own ďKing CourseĒ so to speak. Itís nothing new, iím headed back to Sickipiedia where there is my kind of entertainment.

Ryan only made 12M not 28. But yeah pretty good for a 7 year old that plays with toys on camera! :eek:

MEFLIGHT
12-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Major Airline pilot a age 22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usPbVyVU8a0

Typical aviation question: "How many flight hours before they let you fly those big jets?"
What are you senior and more experienced pilots doing wrong not at a Major Airline yet? LOL

adam28
12-31-2018, 09:09 AM
Ryan only made 12M not 28. But yeah pretty good for a 7 year old that plays with toys on camera! :eek:

Just read an article that he made $22 million last year and he now has his own toy line.

Pilot X
12-31-2018, 09:45 AM
Just read an article that he made $22 million last year and he now has his own toy line.

I stand corrected I just read the $22 million also, that is crazy!

pangolin
12-31-2018, 09:57 AM

You've become disconnected from the Pax in the back. I know it may sound trite but check out "Roger Victor" on youtube and look at the video on why he likes being an airline pilot.

What you are doing, while you don't directly see it, is impacting lives and impacting lives in a significant way.

There are NOT many (percentage of population) who can even do what you do, you are doing something worthwhile.

itsmytime
12-31-2018, 11:54 AM
Do what you like Brandon, follow your passion and sometimes you just have to tune out the naysayers.

Best of luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Anyone with something negative to say, is just jealous that they arenít/werenít at a major by 26.

Al Czervik
12-31-2018, 01:18 PM

Cashing in on your kids. Doesnít get any classier than that.

Sliceback
12-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Weíre bringing incredibly safe, and cheap, travel to the world.
Peopleís ability to travel has expanded tremendously.
Lives are being saved by putting them in planes instead of cars.

ItnStln
12-31-2018, 04:08 PM

Being a ďYouTuberĒ (Photography/videography) is actually a hobby. If you donít like it then itís just not meant for you my man. No biggie

I watched a few of your videos and theyíre pretty good since it gives an overview of the lifestyle of a pilot.

2StgTurbine
12-31-2018, 04:30 PM
I made my channel as an aid to those that are not pilots, want to be pilots, and donít know what all it entails. Thereís loads of people who start this profession and after blowing a crap ton of money figure out they donít like something about it that makes it a deal breaker. For example... the amount of time spent away from home.... or better yet since this is the video posted in the forum, commuting.

Initially I always thought pilot vlogs were pure narcissism. But when you put it that way I understand. This forum was a great resource while I was in flight training in showing me what the profession is really like. Both platforms are social media.

Battlinbear21
01-01-2019, 02:56 AM
Weíre bringing incredibly safe, and cheap, travel to the world.
Peopleís ability to travel has expanded tremendously.
Lives are being saved by putting them in planes instead of cars.

Living in the Age of Airplanes was masterfully done. Saw it in Imax and it gave me chills during the scene w the music and the departures board changing. Anyone who is bored flying go get your seaplane rating! worked for me!

jcountry
01-01-2019, 05:55 AM
IDK what people are fired up about.

Nothing wrong with sharing a day like this.

Folks tend to assume that everyone knows what the job is like. For those of us who didnít know any airline pilots, itís different in some ways from what we expected. The perspective is useful.

I find this sort of video much more watchable than Capt Aux. I canít take that guy.

Saabs
01-01-2019, 06:26 AM
IDK what people are fired up about.

Nothing wrong with sharing a day like this.

Folks tend to assume that everyone knows what the job is like. For those of us who didnít know any airline pilots, itís different in some ways from what we expected. The perspective is useful.

I find this sort of video much more watchable than Capt Aux. I canít take that guy.

Who is this captain Aux? 🤔

jcountry
01-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Who is this captain Aux? 🤔

Google is your friend....

(Maybe not so much-if you find him. I canít stand that guy-heís just so over-the-top. His videos are full retard.)

The worst one Iíve seen involves the seniority merger and is structured like a game show. Itís extremely childish. Itís something you can never unsee.

SunDevilPilot
01-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Brandon is a great guy. Met him back when I was an intern and he was in New Hire orientation. I think itís nice heís looking to educate people.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1