Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pilots in CAE

BRayW
12-29-2018, 06:17 PM
Greetings, I donít live to far from Columbia, SC and am considering being a pilot for Air Wisconsin there?
How many captains and FOs are based at CAE?
How are the trips from CAE set up? Are they mostly four day trips?
Do some of the line holders at CAE get most weekends (Sundays) off?
Thanks

Deputy1999
01-20-2019, 10:00 AM
I wouldnít mind hearing a response to this. Iím a current 135 guy about to make the jump to 121 when my current contract is up In June. I currently reside outside of ORD but my girlfriend and I really love the Columbia area and may make the move down here. AW seems like a good choice in this scenario. I just want to fly my ass off, not sit reserve long, and live where it doesnít dump snow on you.

lukeh99
01-20-2019, 01:21 PM
I wouldnít mind hearing a response to this. Iím a current 135 guy about to make the jump to 121 when my current contract is up In June. I currently reside outside of ORD but my girlfriend and I really love the Columbia area and may make the move down here. AW seems like a good choice in this scenario. I just want to fly my ass off, not sit reserve long, and live where it doesnít dump snow on you.

Plan on all 4 day trips. Weekends off line holder should happen pretty fast for CAE FOs though pure weekend off lines tend to go fairly senior. If you are going to live in any of our bases youíll get the quickest upgrades and best schedules fast out of MKE and CAE. Sounds like a good plan for both of you to me.

Deputy1999
01-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your response, man. I never thought choosing a regional would be so difficult.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1