Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : January 22th class

Chet Manley
01-01-2019, 06:32 PM
Hey guys, anyone els in the January 22th class? Trying to figure out how many days they want us in Indy before we get sent home for the delay.

Longhornmaniac8
01-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Hey guys, anyone els in the January 22th class? Trying to figure out how many days they want us in Indy before we get sent home for the delay.

Not in the class, but the first part of Indoc is 3 days. You'll fly up on Day 0, in class Days 1, 2, and 3, and fly out on Day 4.

I was able to get out at the end of the 3rd day, but I wouldn't count on it.

planesense
01-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Have you been given an idea of how long your delay will be? Iím in the 12/11/18 class, and we start back on 4/3.

Longhornmaniac8
01-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Have you been given an idea of how long your delay will be? I’m in the 12/11/18 class, and we start back on 4/3.

:eek::eek::eek:

I had no idea things had gotten that bad.

The wait has increased by 2 months in just 1.5 months.

05Duramax
01-02-2019, 07:02 AM
God, I hope it's not 4 months!!!

greendotplus10
01-02-2019, 09:56 AM
I had no idea things had gotten that bad.

The wait has increased by 2 months in just 1.5 months.

Yeah it's quite different from what things were like a year ago too. If I started on 12/11, by 4/3 I would have been flying the line for one month already. :eek:

chipd512
01-04-2019, 10:38 PM
I will be in the class with you.... not sure how long the delay is, but it sounds like we are the last class to get paid for it.

sigler
01-05-2019, 03:43 AM
Does anyone know how many pilots Republic is planning to hire in 2019? Thanks.

TheWeatherman
01-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know how many pilots Republic is planning to hire in 2019? Thanks.

No. But I can pretty much guarantee it won’t be anywhere close to what they hired in 2018.

05Duramax
01-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Are you other guys in the 22nd class also going to ATP in Dallas or somewhere else?

chipd512
01-06-2019, 08:17 AM
No, I am ATP-CTP complete

Chet Manley
01-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Yea I've got atp-ctp in Dallas. Anyone know if we have travel privileges during the delay?

peengleeson
01-06-2019, 05:34 PM
Yea I've got atp-ctp in Dallas. Anyone know if we have travel privileges during the delay?

They kick in 30 days after your date of hire

deftone
01-06-2019, 07:25 PM
No. But I can pretty much guarantee it wonít be anywhere close to what they hired in 2018.

I wonder how the Lift graduates will factor into the hiring picture. Should be starting to flow through by the end of the year.

Random Task
01-06-2019, 07:56 PM
I wonder how the Lift graduates will factor into the hiring picture. Should be starting to flow through by the end of the year.

No..... you need 1500 hours to get hired at Republic. No Lift grad will have that flight time until well into 2020.

deftone
01-06-2019, 08:11 PM
No..... you need 1500 hours to get hired at Republic. No Lift grad will have that flight time until well into 2020.

Quite a few of the students started with instrument rating and commercial already completed. I would imagine more than a handful will have 1500 by year end. Probably not enough to make a big impact in the hiring situation though.

Jungle Jim
01-06-2019, 09:32 PM
Quite a few of the students started with instrument rating and commercial already completed. I would imagine more than a handful will have 1500 by year end. Probably not enough to make a big impact in the hiring situation though.

Can't tell if serious or not

JayD
01-07-2019, 05:36 AM
Can't tell if serious or not

Itís true. Also donít forget the CFIs training students right now at LIFT. I donít know for sure if they get the RPA offer like those that start as students but I would imagine it would be one of the incentives.

I start in the February class and thereís at least one student thatís coming in with commercial and multi so he will start with CFI training.

Viking6
01-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Itís true. Also donít forget the CFIs training students right now at LIFT. I donít know for sure if they get the RPA offer like those that start as students but I would imagine it would be one of the incentives.

I start in the February class and thereís at least one student thatís coming in with commercial and multi so he will start with CFI training.

Several of the CFIs at LIFT already have minimums to get hired at Republic. I believe they have to instruct for a set number of months before they get a FO CJO though. They donít get a seniority number until they start at Republic and are on the list. The union maintains the seniority list, so it shouldnít be a issue.

stabapch
01-07-2019, 10:51 AM
Several of the CFIs at LIFT already have minimums to get hired at Republic. I believe they have to instruct for a set number of months before they get a FO CJO though. They donít get a seniority number until they start at Republic and are on the list. The union maintains the seniority list, so it shouldnít be a issue.

Unless things have changed, LIFT was hiring CFIís that needed the time to ATP mins with no contract/commitment to the flight school. However, no special preivaleges over any other Republic FO applicants given to ya.

If youíre on a delay you get travel benefits 30 days from DOH, no junpseat as you wonít have your badge until you return for training.

MrFriendly7
01-07-2019, 11:49 AM
30 days after date of hire which is day 1 of indoc

Longhornmaniac8
01-07-2019, 08:27 PM
30 days after date of hire which is day 1 of indoc

My benefits were active on all 3 airlines within a week, starting when I submitted the request on Day 1 of Indoc.

There sure seems to be some inconsistent information out there regarding when you can use the benefits.

Everyone seems to say 30 days, but if you look in the Leisure Travel Guide for United, it says "Privileges will be available once United processes the enrollment information." AA's section says "after 30 days from date of hire," and Delta's section says "...can enroll in the Delta travel program within 30 days." Three airlines, three materially-different answers.

When I asked for clarification from our travel department, they said AA wanted to see 30 days of employment for verification or something like that, but when I called AA's nonrev department, they said that if they benefits are active, everything is hunky dory on their end.

I can't fathom why YX would care to make you wait until 30 days on the calendar if your benefits are active, just for the sake of making you wait. I suspect it has more to do with activation being out of their control.

Bottom line, they're telling new hires after 30 days, but the reality is they're available/active much sooner. As data points, I had my UA n-number in less than 24 hours after requesting it, fully functional. I also had my Delta account in about 24 hours, but it seemed to take another 48 hours or so to allow me to register. My AA info came last, about a week after.

I'm certainly not going to say you should rock the boat as a new hire, but I also don't know who would know (I'm sure it's available information to someone, but I seriously doubt anyone would be bothered to watch a new hire's accounts on the off chance they used the benefits before 30 days). Moreover, I don't know why they would care.

MrFriendly7
01-07-2019, 09:09 PM
You are correct. Some take longer than others. All active within 30 is more appropriate.

stabapch
01-08-2019, 04:51 AM
My benefits were active on all 3 airlines within a week, starting when I submitted the request on Day 1 of Indoc.

There sure seems to be some inconsistent information out there regarding when you can use the benefits.

Everyone seems to say 30 days, but if you look in the Leisure Travel Guide for United, it says "Privileges will be available once United processes the enrollment information." AA's section says "after 30 days from date of hire," and Delta's section says "...can enroll in the Delta travel program within 30 days." Three airlines, three materially-different answers.

When I asked for clarification from our travel department, they said AA wanted to see 30 days of employment for verification or something like that, but when I called AA's nonrev department, they said that if they benefits are active, everything is hunky dory on their end.

I can't fathom why YX would care to make you wait until 30 days on the calendar if your benefits are active, just for the sake of making you wait. I suspect it has more to do with activation being out of their control.

Bottom line, they're telling new hires after 30 days, but the reality is they're available/active much sooner. As data points, I had my UA n-number in less than 24 hours after requesting it, fully functional. I also had my Delta account in about 24 hours, but it seemed to take another 48 hours or so to allow me to register. My AA info came last, about a week after.

I'm certainly not going to say you should rock the boat as a new hire, but I also don't know who would know (I'm sure it's available information to someone, but I seriously doubt anyone would be bothered to watch a new hire's accounts on the off chance they used the benefits before 30 days). Moreover, I don't know why they would care.

Thatís incorrect. In the packet that was handed out on how to register for travel, it specifically states ďmust have at least 30 days with the company before listing on American, Delta, United.Ē

Travel benefits are treated like healthcare or any other benefits. 30 days to enroll, then they kick-in once money is withdrawn from your paycheck.

05Duramax
01-08-2019, 04:54 AM
Because we have travel benefits on all three carriers is there a way to check loads on all 3?

Random Task
01-08-2019, 04:55 AM
Because we have travel benefits on all three carriers is there a way to check loads on all 3?

Yes, each carrier has their own listing tool.

05Duramax
01-08-2019, 05:17 AM
Yes, each carrier has their own listing tool.

Good deal, thanks!

TheWeatherman
01-08-2019, 05:19 AM
They say 30 days because they don’t want a bunch of new hires inundating the travel department with “are my travel benefits ready yet” questions. But in reality you may get them much sooner then 30 days.

Nh114
01-08-2019, 05:47 AM
Thatís incorrect. In the packet that was handed out on how to register for travel, it specifically states ďmust have at least 30 days with the company before listing on American, Delta, United.Ē

Travel benefits are treated like healthcare or any other benefits. 30 days to enroll, then they kick-in once money is withdrawn from your paycheck.

Yeah, no.. most are active within a week. And once the work, use them.. Travel only says 30 days just in case they happen to take longer.

stabapch
01-08-2019, 06:13 AM
Yeah, no.. most are active within a week. And once the work, use them.. Travel only says 30 days just in case they happen to take longer.

Is it yeah or no?

They may be active prior to 30 days DOH. Company says published in plain English you cannot ĎLISTí aka use them prior to 30.

Radar25
01-08-2019, 07:28 AM

When did they notify you of the delays?

Viking6
01-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Is it yeah or no?

They may be active prior to 30 days DOH. Company says published in plain English you cannot ĎLISTí aka use them prior to 30.

Itís 30 days per the travel guide, but you can always email travel and ask. They are normally pretty good about replying to questions. The email should be in the associat travel guide.

planesense
01-08-2019, 08:40 AM
For what it's worth, YX travel told a new-hire classmate of mine that you can go through the whole process of listing for flights, etc., but once you get to the gate, you'll be rejected if you haven't been employed 30 days. I was able to access all 3 airlines listing tools well before 30 days, but I'm not going to risk being denied at the gate.

AlexBlakeCFI
01-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Hey all,
Im sure we no longer need this thread since we all got emails today...but incase someone missed it..

Indoc the 22nd to 24th, fly home the 25th.

Training delays of 4 months right now? Sheesh thats longer than I expected...but I dont mind being paid to study...

See some of you in Dallas in a few days!

MrFriendly7
01-08-2019, 03:12 PM
4 months of pay while waiting is pretty sweet.

Longhornmaniac8
01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
4 months of pay while waiting is pretty sweet.

Seriously.

OP, if you're even remotely inclined to travel, take this opportunity and don't look back. I can almost guarantee you this will be the last time you're paid for 4 months in your life with absolutely no work obligations.

Don't spend it wasting away at home. Obviously, it's different if you have a family, but I've tried my hardest to make use of my 2.5 months. I've been to Honduras (Roatan) to go diving, East and Southeast Asia (China, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and Macau), and am currently in Florence, Italy visiting a friend after a few days in London.

We're given this amazing privilege of being able to travel essentially for free. My Beijing flights cost me $29 round trip, and I got premium economy one way and business the other. This Europe trip looks to cost me about $48 in taxes (avoid flying back from the UK like the plague), and odds are good at this point I'll get business both ways.

Take advantage of it.

stabapch
01-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Seriously.

OP, if you're even remotely inclined to travel, take this opportunity and don't look back. I can almost guarantee you this will be the last time you're paid for 4 months in your life with absolutely no work obligations.

Don't spend it wasting away at home. Obviously, it's different if you have a family, but I've tried my hardest to make use of my 2.5 months. I've been to Honduras (Roatan) to go diving, East and Southeast Asia (China, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and Macau), and am currently in Florence, Italy visiting a friend after a few days in London.

We're given this amazing privilege of being able to travel essentially for free. My Beijing flights cost me $29 round trip, and I got premium economy one way and business the other. This Europe trip looks to cost me about $48 in taxes (avoid flying back from the UK like the plague), and odds are good at this point I'll get business both ways.

Take advantage of it.

Which carrier are you using? That seems alot less money than what I was reading based on taxes and base pay for international travel.

Longhornmaniac8
01-10-2019, 12:37 AM
Which carrier are you using? That seems alot less money than what I was reading based on taxes and base pay for international travel.

American. You pay nothing except taxes internationally.

Delta is the same, but you only get 6 calendar days of oceanic crossings for free each year before you pay. South America does not seem to be included in that.

United charges more for premium cabins, which is stupid.

A round trip to Beijing on AA in business is $29 in taxes, compared to about $250 round trip on United.

Keep in mind, if you travel with a passrider (or they travel on their own), you get the imputed income (was roughly $500 for my passrider to Beijing).

chipd512
01-12-2019, 12:30 PM
For those that have been through indoc. Whatís the dress code for day 1?

planesense
01-12-2019, 01:04 PM
For those that have been through indoc. Whatís the dress code for day 1?

Business casual. Wear some khakis and a polo shirt. No jeans.

IDrive175
01-25-2019, 01:05 PM
January 22 guys... Have you been told yet when your training will resume?

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1