Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

adpike
01-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Curious if anyone of you can shed some light. Will be interviewing soon and am looking at LGA. I live in CT so my options are driving down or Metro North.

Anybody familiar with if there is employee parking and how that works or costs? Thanks.

flydiamond
01-02-2019, 11:33 AM
For Endeavor we park in the lot behind the Marine Air Terminal. Bus picks up every 15 mins on a 0/15/30/45 schedule and takes 10-15 mins to get directly to the Delta terminals now that they opened some new roadways. Probably budget a bit longer during the afternoons especially M/Th/Fr but itís nothing like how it once was. Much better than what we deal with at JFK.

Lots of our pilots live in the Stamford/Bridgeport area and can easily make our 2:30 callout to either airport. Not sure what skywestís callout is.

adpike
01-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Thanks. I'm up in Danbury now. What about pay? Best I can make is its $40/day? Seems lik eit would add up real quick.

KelvinHelmholtz
01-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Curious if anyone of you can shed some light. Will be interviewing soon and am looking at LGA. I live in CT so my options are driving down or Metro North.

Anybody familiar with if there is employee parking and how that works or costs? Thanks.

Metro north will be a lot more expensive, even considering the toll you pay to cross the Whitestone bridge.

word302
01-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Thanks. I'm up in Danbury now. What about pay? Best I can make is its $40/day? Seems lik eit would add up real quick.

Parking pass at your domicile is covered by Skywest.

adpike
01-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Parking pass at your domicile is covered by Skywest.
Good to know. In my desk flying days I commuted Metro North 5 days a week for 2.5 years. I was not wanting to go that route again. Thanks.

saxman66
01-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Good to know. In my desk flying days I commuted Metro North 5 days a week for 2.5 years. I was not wanting to go that route again. Thanks.

You'll probably end up doing a little of both. Not sure how the drive is across the bridges during rush hour, but it might be a little tight to make a two hour call out for reserve. Keep in mind that you won't be doing the commute every day and once you are a line holder you probably make the drive/train ride twice a week on average. So maybe taking MN would be better if you are coming during rush hour. But dragging your bags onto the M60 or the 7 train isn't all that fun either. But yes, SkyWest will provide parking over by the Marine Air Terminal.

flydiamond
01-03-2019, 05:20 PM
You'll probably end up doing a little of both. Not sure how the drive is across the bridges during rush hour, but it might be a little tight to make a two hour call out for reserve. Keep in mind that you won't be doing the commute every day and once you are a line holder you probably make the drive/train ride twice a week on average. So maybe taking MN would be better if you are coming during rush hour. But dragging your bags onto the M60 or the 7 train isn't all that fun either. But yes, SkyWest will provide parking over by the Marine Air Terminal.

Really canít imagine any situation where the drive would be longer than the metro north to subway to bus. The last two alone will take 35 minutes *minimum* (sometimes as long as 50 -60 mins) and itís not like the metro north runs every 10 minutes... however youíre entirely right, from Danbury it would be tough at times to make a 2 hour callout. But chances of being called with both exactly 2 hour notice at the peak of rush hour are rare. The OP may want to consider researching traffic and bidding the callout window where the traffic is best (probably AM at least based on traffic in the LGA area and ease of getting from the lot to the terminal).

adpike
01-06-2019, 03:34 PM
The OP may want to consider researching traffic and bidding the callout window where the traffic is best (probably AM at least based on traffic in the LGA area and ease of getting from the lot to the terminal).

Good point about bidding with an eye on rush hour.

rswitz
01-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Im from CT and I can tell you metronorth on reserve is not viable, especially if you live anywhere north of Stamford. Not to mention it's unbelievably expensive.

You're in Danbury, so you'll have to take the connecting line through south norwalk. Call than an hour. Then another 1-1.3 hours to GCT.

Just not possible unless you have a 4 hour call out.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1