Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training pay Jetblue vs Spirit

cf105
01-02-2019, 01:09 PM
What is training pay at Jetblue, is it $2,500/month gross for 90 days?

Spririt still showing $1,500 gross + per diem, for 90 days.

FNGFO
01-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Spirit training pay ends when OE is finished. Maybe 90 days. Maybe not. Hotel included.

BeatNavy
01-02-2019, 04:27 PM

$2000, with included lodging, $26/day use or lose in food, uniforms paid for. So take out medical/other deductions, and taxes from $2k and thatís take home. As soon as the checkride is complete, pay transitions to min guarantee first year pay, even if it takes a few weeks to schedule IOE. So training pay lasts 6-8 weeks.

captsurf
01-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Some classes at Blue get different break options too. If I were you Iíd chose the option that gets me done the fastest. Some options have you home for 2-4 weeks of break before your fleet training which pushes back your pay raise by that amount. The difference is $150/day (+$26 in meals you canít use) youíre losing out on for every day you spend at home during training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuball5
01-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Some classes at Blue get different break options too. If I were you Iíd chose the option that gets me done the fastest. Some options have you home for 2-4 weeks of break before your fleet training which pushes back your pay raise by that amount. The difference is $150/day (+$26 in meals you canít use) youíre losing out on for every day you spend at home during training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on someone's finances. I personally took a 10 day break and I thought it was the perfect amount of time. Enough time to relax with the family and plenty of time to go through the Lights/Switch Guide, flows, profiles etc....A one month break I think would be hard on most people's finances as well as losing momentum towards being successful in training.