Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Velcro Epaulets

WhiskyWhisky
01-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Where can one find Velcro Epaulets for leather jacket that conform to ZW's color standards?

squib
01-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Where can one find Velcro Epaulets for leather jacket that conform to ZW's color standards?

If you are wearing a jacket that requires velcro epaulets then you already aren't conforming to ZW's standards so who cares. Half the guys wear north face jackets anyway. No one says anything.

WhiskyWhisky
01-03-2019, 05:40 PM
So if I order this jacket none are required. I was told by training dept they were.

http://www.perroneapparel.com/product/air-wisconsin-leather-uniform-jacket/

CapsFan
01-04-2019, 07:36 AM
https://crewoutfitters.com/default/catalogsearch/result/?q=+velcro+epaulets

Didnít know if you needed Captain or FO. Grey stripes with dark navy cloth is what youíll need.

Squib the only way to put epaulettes on the approved leather jacket is via the velcro version.

WhiskyWhisky
01-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Thank you CapsFan.

squib
01-04-2019, 06:45 PM
https://crewoutfitters.com/default/catalogsearch/result/?q=+velcro+epaulets

Didnít know if you needed Captain or FO. Grey stripes with dark navy cloth is what youíll need.

Squib the only way to put epaulettes on the approved leather jacket is via the velcro version.

Velcro is for guys who donít know how to tie their shoes. Also fitting for the standard of FOs getting hired these days who donít know how to fly an airplane.

42ER
01-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Velcro is for guys who donít know how to tie their shoes. Also fitting for the standard of FOs getting hired these days who donít know how to fly an airplane.

Woah....
Someone had a rough integration.

CapsFan
01-05-2019, 04:23 AM

KP is that you?!

WhiskyWhisky
01-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Squib, obviously youve never owned a quality leather aviators jacket.
I suspect 50% of the users in this forum are not even out of high school. :/

TransWorld
01-06-2019, 04:47 PM

I flunked sandpile. . .does that count? Of course that was back in the mid-20th century.

squib
01-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Squib, obviously youve never owned a quality leather aviators jacket.

I also have never owned the free candy trench coat either. Was your quality leather jacket included with your embry riddle loan or did you over pay for that too?

K92plane
01-08-2019, 03:55 PM
The leather coat is a +1 in choosing Air Whiskey

WhiskyWhisky
01-09-2019, 07:56 AM
I also have never owned the free candy trench coat either. Was your quality leather jacket included with your embry riddle loan or did you over pay for that too?

Letís see. Actually I paid $150 for a brand new Perrone jacket from someone I know at ZW who got one as a gift but didnít fit him, but fit me perfectly. So I spent 0.002% of my $57,000 new hire ZW bonus, or 0.0016% of my 1st year total salary on it. Cost is a non-issue, Squib, when new hire FOs at ZW are pulling in $90k 1st year. I can understand your bitterness however having seen generations of pilots working their 1st few years at $20k to $36k the last 2 decades. Times have changed. I can afford and pay cash for my GQ-ness. Welcome to the good times my fellow 1st year ZW FOs! Now show me your Velcro!!

Cessnaflyer1213
01-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Letís see. Actually I paid $150 for a brand new Perrone jacket from someone I know at ZW who got one as a gift but didnít fit him, but fit me perfectly. So I spent 0.002% of my $57,000 new hire ZW bonus, or 0.0016% of my 1st year total salary on it. Cost is a non-issue, Squib, when new hire FOs at ZW are pulling in $90k 1st year. I can understand your bitterness however having seen generations of pilots working their 1st few years at $20k to $36k the last 2 decades. Times have changed. I can afford and pay cash for my GQ-ness. Welcome to the good times my fellow 1st year ZW FOs! Now show me your Velcro!!

OMG! Thatís hilarious....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1