Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : No JBTV, but Ed Bastain speaking

schwa
01-04-2019, 05:11 AM
Despite all JBís talk about technology and JBTV, Ed Bastian is the one invited to speak CES - bit.ly/2TutDcZ

Embarrassing. Of course, Delta actually executes instead of waving it in everoneís faces.

Air Stang 7
01-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Relax. Delta lags years behind you guys in rooftop agriculture.

capt707
01-04-2019, 07:39 AM
If you havenít noticed, Blewjet isnít anything special anymore, almost everyone has TVs, Wifi (free on Delta soon too), extra space seats, etc. All we have left is the whole can of soda. I feel Delta has way better in-flight entertainment, snacks, etc.

But! They donít have culture or potato farms!

benzoate
01-05-2019, 01:52 AM
Or Blue Hero's playing flutes for passengers, excuse me customers, in the waiting, excuse me boarding, area.

hilltopflyer
01-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Or Blue Hero's playing flutes for passengers, excuse me customers, in the waiting, excuse me boarding, area.
We have to fine a way to change the whee at any step there is. Soon a plane is going to be called the customers flight/entertainment cylinder.

SmitteyB
01-06-2019, 11:56 AM
But! They don’t have culture or potato farms!

Delta most certainly does have culture and while they don't force it down employees throats, they absolutely make maintaining and protecting their culture a top priority. They also recruit for it.

You should see their first day of indoc. Its about a "blue juicy" as ours.

Bluedriver
01-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Delta most certainly does have culture and while they don't force it down employees throats, they absolutely make maintaining and protecting their culture a top priority. They also recruit for it.

You should see their first day of indoc. Its about a "blue juicy" as ours.

Sorry, but with their pay, benefits and profit sharing program DL corporate has EARNED the culture they have. Not perfect, but not a scam CULT like JB.

aldonite7667
01-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Thatís because leadership doesnít start from the top there. Right?

hyperboy
01-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Sorry, but with their pay, benefits and profit sharing program DL corporate has EARNED the culture they have. Not perfect, but not a scam CULT like JB.

Funny, the Delta guys in my crash pad in JFK complained more than anybody else about everything........

aldonite7667
01-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Funny, the Delta guys in my crash pad in JFK complained more than anybody else about everything........

Pilot/CE-0. Big surprise :-)

CanoeBum
01-06-2019, 03:16 PM

Dude. You do realize itís not 2011/12 anymore at DL and those same guys from your JFK pad are now CAís or very senior FOís in just about any seat they choose out of JFK or almost every other DL base right? Nobody hired at jetblue can expect the kind of meteoric rise those guys had and will continue to have... I urge you to reach out to them and see if theyíre still unhappy with their positions. Iíve seen you bring this up a couple times and it makes me cringe. Sorry for the thread drift...

GogglesPisano
01-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Quite a sample size.

Bluedriver
01-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Dude. You do realize itís not 2011/12 anymore at DL and those same guys from your JFK pad are now CAís or very senior FOís in just about any seat they choose out of JFK or almost every other DL base right? Nobody hired at jetblue can expect the kind of meteoric rise those guys had and will continue to have... I urge you to reach out to them and see if theyíre still unhappy with their positions. Iíve seen you bring this up a couple times and it makes me cringe. Sorry for the thread drift...

Hyperboy is one of our resident "specials".

BeatNavy
01-06-2019, 05:10 PM

I wonder why they didnít want to come to jetblue then.

Bluedriver
01-07-2019, 04:24 AM

No kidding! If only Hyper had told them he was a JB recruiter! I'm sure Hyper would have been innundated with resumes from Delta pilots...

hyperboy
01-07-2019, 08:33 AM
No kidding! If only Hyper had told them he was a JB recruiter! I'm sure Hyper would have been innundated with resumes from Delta pilots...

You are quite the stalker...... For someone that hides behind their identity you sure like to "out" others.

benzoate
01-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Exactly BN. Everyone complains but none of the would leave DAL,UAL,FedEx,UPS,SWA to come to Jetblue. Pilots was a career with good pay and benefits. Pilots are putting "culture" at the top of their list.

Bluedriver
01-07-2019, 10:23 AM
You are quite the stalker...... For someone that hides behind their identity you sure like to "out" others.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't help those poor Delta pilots get a job Bluejet?

queue
01-07-2019, 05:45 PM
If you havenít noticed, Blewjet isnít anything special anymore, almost everyone has TVs, Wifi (free on Delta soon too), extra space seats, etc. All we have left is the whole can of soda. I feel Delta has way better in-flight entertainment, snacks, etc.

But! They donít have culture or potato farms!

And their airplanes are CLEAN and the IFEs actually work.

Oh yes, and they don't try to get free labor out of their pilots. Great job ALPA!

hyperboy
01-08-2019, 05:31 AM
I just don't understand why you wouldn't help those poor Delta pilots get a job Bluejet?

I am just wondering if your as tough and bullying in real person as you are on here? Your personal attacks get personal and old. Yet you get to hide?:confused:

Bluedriver
01-08-2019, 06:27 AM
I am just wondering if your as tough and bullying in real person as you are on here? Your personal attacks get personal and old. Yet you get to hide?:confused:

I don't trust you and your irrational love for BlueJet. And I think it was a total Alpha-hole move to not help those poor Delta pilots get a better job at BlueJet.

So if you think that me pointing out how selfish you were for not helping those Delta pilots better their position by helping them get a better job at BlueJet is bullying, then ok.