Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : BOS Future-look?

TheFoose
01-04-2019, 11:04 AM
How's the Boston domicile looking these days? Any rumors of downsizing/eliminating the domicile still? What's the current wait time to bid a spot there? Thanks for the insight!

Name User
01-04-2019, 08:55 PM
We are giving up gates in BOS

Floobs
01-04-2019, 09:53 PM
We are giving up gates in BOS

Only because we made the old us air terminal more efficient and added mainline Gates. The ones on the legacy AA side were never utilized 100%

Smoke Toliet
01-05-2019, 04:22 AM
AA is buying the airport Courtyard Marriott so they donít have to open a Airbus base there.

RhinoBallAuto
01-05-2019, 04:58 AM
AA is buying the airport Courtyard Marriott so they donít have to open a Airbus base there.

Atrium II?

PRS Guitars
01-05-2019, 10:13 AM
If it were a bigger base, Iíd move to New Hampshire in a heart beat.

TallFlyer
01-05-2019, 01:15 PM
An Airbus base there would be awesome. Ditto the comment about southern NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuagmireGiggity
01-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Seems like it's stabilized.
Jan 17 210 Total BOS pilots
Jan 19 240 " """"

Name User
01-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Only because we made the old us air terminal more efficient and added mainline Gates. The ones on the legacy AA side were never utilized 100%

Thanks didn't know that :)

I'm upset they gave up gates which are a premium up there but good to see it wasn't completely for naught

Floobs
01-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Thanks didn't know that :)

I'm upset they gave up gates which are a premium up there but good to see it wasn't completely for naught

There was all kinds of construction there the part two years on that hallway that goes from the shuttle Gates to the non-shuttle Gates. I also heard AA picked up one of Uniteds Gates next to the shuttle Gates so they have all the Gates on that row. Plus the Gates where pidemont and that Saab airline flew are now used by mainline I think.