Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

CattleRattle
01-04-2019, 03:47 PM
One of the fastest growing cities, somewhat central, tax free, and the city would like a hometown airline... why not?

hilltopflyer
01-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Would be a great move but we do 3 total flights right now... little bit of stretch to grow that much.

GuardPolice
01-04-2019, 04:00 PM
BNA basically has a hometown airline in SWA. Theyve got over a 100 flights a day I think. JB? Maybe 2 a day to BOS.

GP

CattleRattle
01-04-2019, 04:03 PM
BNA basically has a hometown airline in SWA. Theyve got over a 100 flights a day I think. JB? Maybe 2 a day to BOS.

GP

I think your right.... the only counter i think is that SWA has a big presence in St. Louis. SWA buds call STL a focus city.

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 04:46 PM
JB doesn't do new domiciles.

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Does the Nashville terminal even have a potato farm?

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Is Nashville even in the Dominican Republic?

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Is Nashville even close enough to hurricane alley?

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Which focus city would JB close? JB doesn't grow, they shift.

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Nashville is our new "virtual spare domicile".

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Does the Nashville terminal have any gates that will fit a wide-body? We need plenty of space for our codeshare partners.

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Does Nashville have enough 1 star hotels to cover JB's other domicile layovers in BNA?

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:32 PM
BNA is set to be a new JB focus city. Right after Europe. And a West coast plan. And MCO. And cabin refresh. And Sharklet retrofit. And on-time 15.0. And on-time 16.0. And on-time 17.0. And. And. And.

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Nashville domicile will be launched right after J.G. achieves operational excellence.

Bluedriver
01-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Nashville domicile is coming, right after those industry leading pairings...

WhistlePig
01-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Does Nashville have enough 1 star hotels to cover JB's other domicile layovers in BNA?

Yes. Collocated with Waffle Houses.

aldonite7667
01-04-2019, 07:01 PM
If its west of the Hudson River it doesnt exist.

CafeConLeche
01-04-2019, 07:43 PM
Is Nashville even in the Dominican Republic?

this made me laugh.

benzoate
01-05-2019, 01:45 AM

GP

Yes but at the rate they run planes of runways and taxi ways that number should go down significantly. I keed, I keed.;)

PasserOGas
01-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Hey, ya'll remember JD Power awards?

Those were the days.

RiddleEagle18
01-05-2019, 06:34 AM
We desperately need our Bethune or Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyby1206
01-05-2019, 06:38 AM
We desperately need our Bethune or Anderson.

Ill even settle for a Crandall...

ShyGuy
01-05-2019, 06:48 AM
I’ll even settle for a Crandall...

I liked his story of cutting cost in a Caribbean station back in the day: Full time guard, part time guard, guard fired replaced with full time dog, part time dog, then dog fired replaced with recording of dog growling.

RiddleEagle18
01-05-2019, 06:48 AM
Ill even settle for a Crandall...

Im afraid none of them will fit the diversity quota though.

I would be willing to bet big $$$ giggity is our next CEO. I mean clearly she is just nailing her job as COO.

BeatNavy
01-05-2019, 07:37 AM

I would be willing to bet big $$$ giggity is our next CEO. I mean clearly she is just nailing her job as COO.

All part of being contrarian.

Flyby1206
01-05-2019, 07:47 AM

Yea no doubt she will be next CEO, Robins days are numbered.

benzoate
01-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Yea no doubt she will be next CEO, Robins days are numbered.

It's a vicious cycle that keeps repeating itself. One incompetent or unqualified CEO being promoted by a BOD who don't seem to have a grasp on how an airline is supposed to run.
Being last in almost every measurable statistic while being saved by TV's a career does not make. Sadly, this can only last so much longer.

I truly believe Jetblue understands it can't continue to expand internationally with the operation in its current state.

queue
01-07-2019, 06:51 PM

Her performance and experience didn't matter up till now, why would it keep her from being "qualified " to replace Robin.

dingo222
01-08-2019, 04:12 AM
Are they willing to build a church for Easter? Is the concrete strong enough to support our wide bodies?

GuardPolice
01-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Are they willing to build a church for Easter? Is the concrete strong enough to support our wide bodies?

Nashville has no shortages of churches.

GP

Skyward
01-08-2019, 05:48 PM

GP

Yep, over 100/day and growing. BNA domicile has been a SWA rumor for years. Maybe itll happen some day, but I dont think its priority.

IAHB756
01-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Thread drift: Ive been flying to and enjoying 35 hour layovers in SJU the past three weeks and noticed a hell of a lot of JB planes in SJU. Where do you guys fly from SJU? Domicile (now or in the future) there? Really enjoyed the weather. If no domicile, what hotel do you guys use for ling layovers? We are at the Intercontinental (showing it's age if you ask me) for long and Sheraton convention center for less than 14 (not on the beach and a longer drive to the airport which makes no sense...). Anyway, just curious. Im one of those I could move here and commute to XXX types. Hell I even like Rochester NY in the winter etc.

Softpayman
01-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Thread drift: Ive been flying to and enjoying 35 hour layovers in SJU the past three weeks and noticed a hell of a lot of JB planes in SJU. Where do you guys fly from SJU? Domicile (now or in the future) there? Really enjoyed the weather. If no domicile, what hotel do you guys use for ling layovers? We are at the Intercontinental (showing it's age if you ask me) for long and Sheraton convention center for less than 14 (not on the beach and a longer drive to the airport which makes no sense...). Anyway, just curious. Im one of those I could move here and commute to XXX types. Hell I even like Rochester NY in the winter etc.

SJU is a focus city...off the top of my head we go to JFK,BOS,
,EWR, DCA,BDL,MCO,TPA,FLL,SDQ,PUJ,STT.

I doubt well domicile there. That time has come and gone.

Weve stayed at a number of hotels including the Intercontinental. Were there, the Sheraton Convention and the Sheraton Old San Juan.

Im with you. I find SJU a cool town as an outsider coming to visit. Living and trying to make a living there lately though seems increasingly difficult due to poor local governing.

benzoate
01-16-2019, 03:36 AM
SJU is a focus city...off the top of my head we go to JFK,BOS,
,EWR, DCA,BDL,MCO,TPA,FLL,SDQ,PUJ,STT.

I doubt well domicile there. That time has come and gone.

Weve stayed at a number of hotels including the Intercontinental. Were there, the Sheraton Convention and the Sheraton Old San Juan.

Im with you. I find SJU a cool town as an outsider coming to visit. Living and trying to make a living there lately though seems increasingly difficult due to poor local governing.

It was looked at but given the governments rules on hiring, benefits and disability it was deemed too expensive.

CattleRattle
01-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Is KRIC a focus city? Looks like a fair amount of JB flying there.

CaptCoolHand
01-17-2019, 12:27 PM
Is KRIC a focus city? Looks like a fair amount of JB flying there.

Our focus cities have 50-100+ flights.

RiC does have a good amount of traffic but its no where near a focus city.
Think of it as a hub. Like ATL or ORD.

pilotpayne
01-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Our focus cities have 50-100+ flights.

RiC does have a good amount of traffic but its no where near a focus city.
Think of it as a hub. Like ATL or ORD.

Heck DCA isnt even a focus city and it has as many flights as LGB. From what I understand if you are a focus city the pay AO/GO more.

PasserOGas
01-18-2019, 04:29 AM
Heck DCA isnt even a focus city and it has as many flights as LGB. From what I understand if you are a focus city the pay AO/GO more.

No more focus cities for us then!

Heck, I'm surprised we have any focus cities at all!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1