Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

jrichman
01-05-2019, 05:53 AM
Pease ANG is hiring rated and non rated pilots to fly the KC-46. You can find more information and apply by following the link below.

https://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/Units/157th-Operations-Group/133rd-Air-Refueling-Squadron/

If you have questions please contact the pilot hiring coordinator at
[email protected]

Excargodog
01-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Pease ANG is hiring rated and non rated pilots to fly the KC-46. You can find more information and apply by following the link below.

https://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/Units/157th-Operations-Group/133rd-Air-Refueling-Squadron/

If you have questions please contact the pilot hiring coordinator at
[email protected]

Bump.

Opportunity about to expire for anyone eligible...

Adlerdriver
01-15-2019, 07:32 PM
non rated pilots to fly the KC-46.
:confused:....... non rated pilots......to fly the KC-46? Is that really what you meant?

rickair7777
01-15-2019, 07:35 PM
:confused:....... non rated pilots......to fly the KC-46? Is that really what you meant?

Think he means non-rated in KC-46...

AlphaBeta
01-16-2019, 02:56 AM
[QUOTE=Adlerdriver;2743865]:confused:....... non rated pilots......to fly the KC-46? Is that really what you meant?[/QUOTE

Yes, they are getting ready for a pilot training board.

rickair7777
01-16-2019, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE=Adlerdriver;2743865]:confused:....... non rated pilots......to fly the KC-46? Is that really what you meant?[/QUOTE

Yes, they are getting ready for a pilot training board.

So hiring off the street, got it.

usmc-sgt
01-16-2019, 05:29 AM
Wish I had the foresight to do this 10 years ago when I was still at a regional. I live about 8 miles from there. Problem was fresh out of the Corps where operational tempo was through the roof across all branches and I was “over it.” Good luck to those who go for it.

badflaps
01-16-2019, 08:13 AM
How many rated KC-46 pilots could there be?

Adlerdriver
01-16-2019, 09:21 AM
I'm sure I'm being slightly legalistic, but it just sounds strange mixing civilian and military terms because they don't mean the same thing.

A "Rated Pilot" in the USAF means someone who completed UPT and has wings. There's no such thing as a "non-rated pilot" in the USAF. A pilot, by definition, is in a "rated position". The USAF doesn't refer to someone qualified in a particular aircraft as "rated" in that aircraft. If someone is trying to discuss a pilot's quals, maybe they say "trained" or "qualified" or "current" - not sure if there's really a common vernacular. But the word "rated" means somethings very specific in the USAF.

Excargodog
01-16-2019, 11:44 AM
I'm sure I'm being slightly legalistic, but it just sounds strange mixing civilian and military terms because they don't mean the same thing.

A "Rated Pilot" in the USAF means someone who completed UPT and has wings. There's no such thing as a "non-rated pilot" in the USAF. A pilot, by definition, is in a "rated position". The USAF doesn't refer to someone qualified in a particular aircraft as "rated" in that aircraft. If someone is trying to discuss a pilot's quals, maybe they say "trained" or "qualified" or "current" - not sure if there's really a common vernacular. But the word "rated" means somethings very specific in the USAF.

I think it’ s less involved than that. I think it was just inartfully worded and came out with sort of ambiguous grammar.

From the url it is apparent that they have an opening for future KC-46 pilots, that they will consider non-rated personnel to be sent to UPT and/or rated personnel, any or all of whom will then be sent to KC-46 RTU.

Between Boeing being Boeing and the USAF procurement process, I doubt if the few rated people out there who are qual’d in the KC-46 are anywhere near the end of the ADSC they got just from the KC-46 RTU.

Still, grammar and everything notwithstanding, a real opportunity for someone.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1