Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Cold showers in SHV

Naviator
01-12-2019, 04:17 AM
If you’re staying in Shreveport tonight, check your water before you unpack. We had four rooms with no hot water this morning. Probably the whole hotel. Of course front desk was not very helpful or concerned.

Crew Care sent.

highfarfast
01-12-2019, 04:35 AM
If you’re staying in Shreveport tonight, check your water before you unpack. We had four rooms with no hot water this morning. Probably the whole hotel. Of course front desk was not very helpful or concerned.

Crew Care sent.

I believe the hotel is required to offer hot water. If they can't, I believe the company is required to give you hotel as soon as you return to domicile to clean up.

I say "I believe" because I've never had to deal with this and am uncertain of the details but I have talked to a captain that claimed to have had this issue.

Edit: Yep, look up LOA 11-02 paragraph 3. An I recognize the LOA just says 'water', not 'hot water' but I think it's been established in either practice or through grievance that hot water is necessary. Contact union rep if you have issues.

Naviator
01-12-2019, 05:47 AM
I believe the hotel is required to offer hot water. If they can't, I believe the company is required to give you hotel as soon as you return to domicile to clean up.

I say "I believe" because I've never had to deal with this and am uncertain of the details but I have talked to a captain that claimed to have had this issue.

Edit: Yep, look up LOA 11-02 paragraph 3. An I recognize the LOA just says 'water', not 'hot water' but I think it's been established in either practice or through grievance that hot water is necessary. Contact union rep if you have issues.

You are correct. Of course i found out about this as I’m getting ready to leave on a turn. Can I call when I get back and exercise my rights?

highfarfast
01-12-2019, 05:50 AM
You are correct. Of course i found out about this as I’m getting ready to leave on a turn. Can I call when I get back and exercise my rights?

Man, I don't know. Call your union rep. You're definitely owed a hot shower so I'd push it if it were me.

And maybe this is the sort of issue that new "Pilot Help Desk" is for?

EnyFlyr
01-12-2019, 09:07 AM
I read something in the contract a while back that you are entitled to early release with full pay.

EnyFlyr
01-12-2019, 07:14 PM
“If your room does not have hot water, request a room change with the front desk. If the hotel in its entirety doesn’t have
hot water, reference Letter 11-02 of the CBA which provides for alternative accommodations if you have enough time prior to report, or a pay-protected early release from affected day’s flying duties upon return to the domicile.“

https://www.alpa.org/eny/-/media/ENY/files/eLibrary/resources/18,-d-,06,-d-,15%20Pilot%20Welcome%20Guide.pdf?la=en