Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Aptitude preparation

Johns39
01-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Hi,
I am currently in phase in which I must study for flight school aptitude tests. As I read on their website they have pretty difficult entry conditions. I think they test you in math, logical thinking, cognitive skills, sensory-motor skills etc.
Now I have question:
-Is out there any good book that is made especially for aptitude test
preparation?
-I think I should improve my math and logical thinking so I am also looking for this
-What type of physics is included in test(calculating accelaration,electric engineering...) and if you recommend any book or website for exercises.
-Any other books or websites for preparation altough I prefer books.

Thank you in advance.

JohnBurke
01-14-2019, 04:56 AM
Is this a program outside the USA?

What you need to know about math to fly aircraft can fit on the head of a pin; next to nothing. Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. That's it.

What aptitude tests for what flight school? There are a lot of metrics out there for measuring pilots; most of them are ridiculous and unnecessary.

Excargodog
01-14-2019, 06:31 AM
Heck, all of powered aviation was started by. A couple of bicycle mechanics. This isnít rocket surgery...:D

tomgoodman
01-14-2019, 07:12 AM
Aviation is extremely difficult, dangerous, and disgusting, so pilots must be offered vast compensation.
Thatís our story and weíre sticking to it. :D

rickair7777
01-14-2019, 07:58 AM
Sounds like you're not in the US. Check out pprune.org

JohnBurke
01-14-2019, 11:43 AM
Heck, all of powered aviation was started by. A couple of bicycle mechanics. This isnít rocket surgery...:D

I dunno. Ever tried to tune a bicycle wheel by tweaking the spokes?

PFM.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1