Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Check Airman and APD Pay

GhostRider22
01-14-2019, 05:47 AM
Just curious what Check Airman and APD Pay is for Pilots at Skywest. Also, curious about how many hours they are crediting.

savedbythevnav
01-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Just curious what Check Airman and APD Pay is for Pilots at Skywest. Also, curious about how many hours they are crediting.

Not sure about APD, but LCA override is an extra $25/hour. Not sure what they credit per month. Most sim instructors credit 150-200 hours between instructing and the occasional line flying, so Iíd imagine LCA work is similar.

rickair7777
01-14-2019, 05:39 PM
Not sure about APD, but LCA override is an extra $25/hour. Not sure what they credit per month. Most sim instructors credit 150-200 hours between instructing and the occasional line flying, so I’d imagine LCA work is similar.

LCA are limited by 117. Sim guys can do doubles, and they get paid for all the time (brief and sim), so that's 12 hours/day (even if they combine the briefs). Combined with the over-ride it adds up fast. I've even seen triples in the distant past...

APD's get paid extra.

But they tend to work a lot. I had to decide whether to leave for a major or stay and do sim. Pay was good either way, but different lifestyles.

GhostRider22
01-14-2019, 06:51 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the information. Sounds quite lucrative!!!

Gone Flying
01-18-2019, 05:11 AM
its worth noting that LCA pay is only for block hrs. you do not recieve the override on dhd or soft pay (at least on line check trips, not sure for IOE trips). also line check trips do not get cancellation pay.

amcnd
01-18-2019, 05:24 AM
But line checks donít count twards far117. So you can use them to credit more..

rickair7777
01-18-2019, 06:26 AM
But line checks donít count twards far117. So you can use them to credit more..

That's true but there's a lot of unpaid overhead time waiting around to do line checks. SIM is better, you get paid for the whole time.

amcnd
01-18-2019, 06:32 AM
That's true but there's a lot of unpaid overhead time waiting around to do line checks. SIM is better, you get paid for the whole time.

Ya. But unless you one of the 50 SCAís (hire 0-10 a year) and that groups hard to get into. LCA not so much. (310+ LCAís and growing about 20-30 a quarter) And ive done 10+hr credit days do to DHís to ORD or ATL from the west.. but yes. Sim is way more pay.. as much as Major Airline Captains. But you will work 20-28 days a month..

Oh and APD pay isnít anymore the SCA pay. You may end up with a few more sessions a month. But itís negligible. Because you canít do loft training on a student then there LOE...

Check Complete
01-18-2019, 08:15 AM
APD's get an addition to their per deim pay, but I can tell you it's not worth the paper work head ache. Also LCA renewals, but again not worth it.

Also more interaction directly with the FAA, and that's only been getting worse lately.

rickair7777
01-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Ya. But unless you one of the 50 SCAís (hire 0-10 a year) and that groups hard to get into. LCA not so much. (310+ LCAís and growing about 20-30 a quarter) And ive done 10+hr credit days do to DHís to ORD or ATL from the west.. but yes. Sim is way more pay.. as much as Major Airline Captains. But you will work 20-28 days a month..

Oh and APD pay isnít anymore the SCA pay. You may end up with a few more sessions a month. But itís negligible. Because you canít do loft training on a student then there LOE...

All true. But today if you really wanted to stay at SKW and make money, didn't have many black marks, and lobbied for it you should eventually get picked up for SCA (maybe even without LCA experience). they are going to need people unless they plan to shrink. Personal experience would lead me to believe that.

Apophenia
01-20-2019, 02:38 PM
Not sure about APD, but LCA override is an extra $25/hour. Not sure what they credit per month. Most sim instructors credit 150-200 hours between instructing and the occasional line flying, so Iíd imagine LCA work is similar.

This is accurate from what Iíve seen. Although there are a couple of SIM guys that credit a ridiculous amount. Most credit Iíve seen/heard of in a month is 275.0 but that was with only 2 days off for the whole month.