Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Medical In PDX

flyforever1978
01-17-2019, 08:45 AM
Just moved to Portland and looking for a good AME in the area. Who do you guys use? Thanks!

shroomwell
01-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Just moved to Portland and looking for a good AME in the area. Who do you guys use? Thanks!

Larry (Lawrence) Foltz in Vancouver is great, as is his daughter Sherilyn who shares his practice and also does flight physicals. Been going to Larry for many years.

DashAviator
01-17-2019, 03:10 PM
I would guess that at least half the Horizon pilots in the Portland - Vancouver area go to Foltz. He's a little more expensive than some of the local AMEs, but he's an expert when it comes to dealing with more complicated medical issues, special issuance medicals, and FAA paperwork. If you're a young healthy guy or gal, then great. You'll be in and out in no time. On the other hand, if you have had surgery, an accident, or some other more complicated medical problem, then he can help with that, too. He's pretty much seen it all.

The only "down" side of dealing with Dr. Foltz is that his office doesn't bill insurance, you have to do it. I usually pay by check, then submit an insurance claim form (do a google search for "Member submitted claim form - Premera Blue Cross"). If you have the high deductible medical plan, you may have to pay out of pocket or use your health savings account.

Starchkr
01-17-2019, 06:28 PM
If you’re south of Portland, Dr. Wiggins down in Corvallis is great. He’s got the process down.

Tippy
01-17-2019, 08:07 PM
+1 for wiggins. Been going to him for 8 years, He's the cheapest you will find in the area and if you have no problems you'll be in and out in 10 minutes.

Shimmyshimmy03
01-18-2019, 11:11 AM

If you're to the north of PDX, I used Clee Lloyd up at Pearson Airfield in Vancouver. Personally as a military guy, I got in touch with him knowing he was a retired Air Force Flight Surgeon, and his prices were the lowest I could find in the area.

ASpilot2be
01-18-2019, 05:55 PM
I use Dr. Coppock at the Vancouver clinic. A little spendy, but super nice guy.

flyforever1978
01-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Thanks very much!! I really appreciate all the help!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1