Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Sliceback

nAAtive
01-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Speak up now traitor or forever hold your peace

AAL24
01-17-2019, 08:48 PM
Just my $.02 but the float/no float decisions have been made. We can either use this as another opportunity to divide our group further or try to bring people into the fold and come together. The message has been made loud and clear that pilots are either with the union or against it. Hopefully the same individuals will think twice about undermining our negotiating leverage in the future.

FRNTOFWAVE
01-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Speak up now traitor or forever hold your peace

B&&th is a joke. Just found out who he is. Sliceback is a self serving db just like the rest of the floaters. Can't wait till the self serving guys retire and get put out to pasture.

AAfng
01-18-2019, 03:08 AM
B&&th is a joke. Just found out who he is. Sliceback is a self serving db just like the rest of the floaters. Can't wait till the self serving guys retire and get put out to pasture.

What base? Agree with both you guys, total db move

Al Czervik
01-18-2019, 03:13 AM

I didn’t know it was Birdy. Zero respect for that dude. This place is going to be a much better place when those guys retire.

7576FO
01-18-2019, 04:33 AM
Yep he floated 2 years ago also!

DarinFred
01-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Heís been ďthat guyĒ his entire career...

DarinFred
02-06-2019, 08:25 AM
Where is he? Heís floating in the toilet bowl of C&R...why not here?

I wonder if heís going to wear the lanyard?

AAfng
02-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Where is he? Heís floating in the toilet bowl of C&R...why not here?

I wonder if heís going to wear the lanyard?

He is here a different name, that is for sure. Just look for the "APA stinks" and "do we have to wear our lanyard?" type posts and you will have found your man.

Loser

Al Czervik
02-06-2019, 11:44 AM
He is here a different name, that is for sure. Just look for the "APA stinks" and "do we have to wear our lanyard?" type posts and you will have found your man.

Loser

Makes you wonder about an individual that hides when it comes to his actions.

OVBIII
02-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Makes you wonder about an individual that hides when it comes to his actions.

Iím no apologist, nor will I ever be. However, I cannot fault a line pilot for floating when there are some in union positions who didnít do what they pledged to do. Iím not union bashing either. Just voicing my .02

Iím proudly wearing my lanyard as well

AAfng
02-06-2019, 12:07 PM
DFW/CA/777/INT

Is this Slicebacks 4 part?

He is getting creamed on CnR by that "THE SCAM CONTINUES" guy (or whatever the quote is).

Al Czervik
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Iím no apologist, nor will I ever be. However, I cannot fault a line pilot for floating when there are some in union positions who didnít do what they pledged to do. Iím not union bashing either. Just voicing my .02

Iím faulting the hiding.

mainlineAF
02-06-2019, 02:47 PM

If youíre talking about the Philly rep it was a mistake. He donated all of his vacation to guys on LTD because of it. Stand up guy.

drinksonme
02-06-2019, 03:00 PM
If youíre talking about the Philly rep it was a mistake. He donated all of his vacation to guys on LTD because of it. Stand up guy.

Fine he donated his time, only after he was caught with his pants down. Question for him, was he aware that the floaters would be published?

And secondly, and to me more importantly, as a rep he should understand ever facet of how all things works. PBS, Vacation, LTD, sick time, scheduling, etc. If he doesnít he has ZERO, ABSOLUTELY ZERO, business being a ďLeaderĒ and in his case I am using that term lightly. So we should trust his opinion on a CBA too, cause I bet he doesnít understand it. Thatís whatís worse. Heís a talking head who doesnít even know the topic. He needs so step down, that would be honorable, but he just loves himself too much I bet.

mainlineAF
02-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Fine he donated his time, only after he was caught with his pants down. Question for him, was he aware that the floaters would be published?

And secondly, and to me more importantly, as a rep he should understand ever facet of how all things works. PBS, Vacation, LTD, sick time, scheduling, etc. If he doesnít he has ZERO, ABSOLUTELY ZERO, business being a ďLeaderĒ and in his case I am using that term lightly. So we should trust his opinion on a CBA too, cause I bet he doesnít understand it. Thatís whatís worse. Heís a talking head who doesnít even know the topic. He needs so step down, that would be honorable, but he just loves himself too much I bet.

The floater list is always published. Iím willing to bet he just made a simple mistake.

drinksonme
02-06-2019, 03:08 PM
The floater list is always published. Iím willing to bet he just made a simple mistake.

K, whatever you say. He also was on the BOD when the JCBA was given to them and cowardly, just like the rest of them at the time, passed it along to the pilot group to make the decision. They didnít have the balls to say no to the company, even though they pretend like they are so tough on them. They, the BOD at the time, including him, knew it was hot garbage. Heís not a leader... again I think he got busted and your quote above makes it even worse. He didnít know even though everyone knows the Vacation floats are published. Strap your wagon to him all you want. Heís a empty suit just as much as Management.

mainlineAF
02-06-2019, 03:12 PM
K, whatever you say. He also was on the BOD when the JCBA was given to them and cowardly, just like the rest of them at the time, passed it along to the pilot group to make the decision. They didnít have the balls to say no to the company, even though they pretend like they are so tough on them. They, the BOD at the time, including him, knew it was hot garbage. Heís not a leader... again I think he got busted and your quote above makes it even worse. He didnít know even though everyone knows the Vacation floats are published. Strap your wagon to him all you want. Heís a empty suit just as much as Management.

I wish i had your energy lol

Cheddar
02-06-2019, 04:27 PM

I hate to say it but there were many pilots clamoring on every bit of bandwidth available to make sure the BoD passed the TA to us for the JCBA. I was at every DFW domicile meeting when Tom and Josey were arguing going to arbitration and there were lines of pilots waiting to take the mic to condemn their ďhardlineĒ views. Both voted to give the vote to the members, as they were Ďinstructedí by a sound majority of their constituency demanded.

Josey has said publicly (and privately) that it was the biggest mistake of his career. They knew a lot of it was ďhot garbageĒ but people only saw the pay rates and they were incensed.

Poor leadership or not, DFW passed it by a large majority and overall it went 70%+ in favor.

As far as Slice is concerned, Iím not shocked he floated. I do miss his statistical analysis as it was helpful but Iíd rather have a good union member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A330FoodCritic
02-06-2019, 05:39 PM

Kinda hard to type in 21 or 24 or whatever by mistake.

Do you also think it was ok for DC to buy a first class ticket for his wife? He paid it back. Oh yeah, he paid it back after being caught.

TransWorld
02-06-2019, 07:37 PM
As far as Slice is concerned, Iím not shocked he floated. I do miss his statistical analysis as it was helpful but Iíd rather have a good union member.

I would echo I miss Sliceís statistical analysis. It has been reliable and helpful.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1