Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : LGA Trips

Avionicsr
01-19-2019, 07:27 AM
Could someone provide an example of what the trips are like out of LGA when you hold a line? Are they all out and backs? or do you go LGA>Point B>Point C>Point D>LGA? Thanks.

zondaracer
01-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Both out and backs and through various airports. LGA crews also fly through JFK and BOS a bit.

For example:
LGA-BOS-JAX-BOS
BOS-MKE-LGA-BOS
BOS-JAX-BOS-LGA

Thatís just one example of a 3 day trip.

baronbvp
01-19-2019, 07:41 AM
Is that supporting DAL? Do you support anyone else flying out of LGA, or does it vary depending on ERJ or CRJ?

zondaracer
01-19-2019, 07:51 AM
LGA is ERJ only. LGA is Delta flying only but on reserve you could be called to cover a United trip, or even an Alaska trip. You can also pick up trips in other domiciles on your days off.

Claxstarr
01-19-2019, 08:44 AM
LGA is ERJ only. LGA is Delta flying only but on reserve you could be called to cover a United trip, or even an Alaska trip. You can also pick up trips in other domiciles on your days off.

I was actually wondering about that...
So say you're equidistant from DFW & IAH and are based out of IAH...
You can pick up trips out of either domicile?
That's pretty handy.

saxman66
01-19-2019, 09:45 AM
LGA trips also go through DTW and MSP. I even hit SLC once. That was a fluke though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avionicsr
01-19-2019, 03:15 PM
Both out and backs and through various airports. LGA crews also fly through JFK and BOS a bit.

For example:
LGA-BOS-JAX-BOS
BOS-MKE-LGA-BOS
BOS-JAX-BOS-LGA

Thatís just one example of a 3 day trip.

Seems like a lot of BOS overnights. Is that pretty common?

zondaracer
01-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Seems like a lot of BOS overnights. Is that pretty common?

Thatís just one example. Looking through the pairings I see a lot of overnights in the following cities:
BNA, RIC, SAV, BOS, BHM, MKE, DFW, JFK, GSP, IAH, PIT, GRR, RDU, MSP, DTW, ORD, and more. The most frequent ones seem to be BOS, JFK, BNA, and MKE. BNA and MKE are maintenance stations so the planes get worked on overnight.

Avionicsr
01-20-2019, 03:13 AM
Since JFK is right by LGA, is that considered being back in base? If you commute, are you on your own for a hotel?

zondaracer
01-20-2019, 03:21 AM
Since JFK is right by LGA, is that considered being back in base? If you commute, are you on your own for a hotel?

No, you are not considered back in base if you overnight in JFK. A hotel is provided in JFK. Endeavor has a co-domicile but not at SkyWest. JFK is not a domicile for SkyWest.

ninerdriver
01-20-2019, 04:15 AM
Thatís just one example. Looking through the pairings I see a lot of overnights in the following cities:
BNA, RIC, SAV, BOS, BHM, MKE, DFW, JFK, GSP, IAH, PIT, GRR, RDU, MSP, DTW, ORD, and more. The most frequent ones seem to be BOS, JFK, BNA, and MKE. BNA and MKE are maintenance stations so the planes get worked on overnight.

Basically, you guys are taking on more 9E-style flying in NYC, because Delta doesn't want CRJs there. The current rumor for 9E is future increases in ATL and DTW flying.

Enjoy?

peepz
01-20-2019, 05:35 AM
Basically, you guys are taking on more 9E-style flying in NYC, because Delta doesn't want CRJs there. The current rumor for 9E is future increases in ATL and DTW flying.

Enjoy?

No one cares?

ninerdriver
01-20-2019, 10:33 AM
No one cares?

Classy!

For everyone else, if you want to see what LGA can look like, just see where 9E planes go. You're already flying a lot of the routes we were flying nine months ago.

TimetoClimb
01-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Classy!

For everyone else, if you want to see what LGA can look like, just see where 9E planes go. You're already flying a lot of the routes we were flying nine months ago.

They wanted 175s there. But soon we will be last years prom queen and the a220 will be all the rave.

MarineFly
01-21-2019, 06:07 PM
... more 9E-style flying in NYC,

What does 9E refer to?

baronbvp
01-21-2019, 06:25 PM
What does 9E refer to?

9E is Endeavor.

FLavi8tor
02-02-2019, 12:35 AM
For a new hire getting ERJ based at LGA, how long of reserve could one expect? Also how much flying would you normally do up there?

chitolin
02-02-2019, 05:32 AM
No, you are not considered back in base if you overnight in JFK. A hotel is provided in JFK. Endeavor has a co-domicile but not at SkyWest. JFK is not a domicile for SkyWest.

There was actually one or maybe a couple of LGA trips that started with a double DH out of LGA to start from JFK

Avionicsr
02-02-2019, 10:21 AM
There was actually one or maybe a couple of LGA trips that started with a double DH out of LGA to start from JFK

In that case, do you actually have to do the double deadhead, or can you just take a cab to JFK?