Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Leather Jacket

P-3Bubba
01-20-2019, 12:27 PM
Boy, Id love to pick up and help out in this cold. If only I could wear my leather jacket and not my synthetic doofus coat that makes me look like a customer. (BTW it was delivered to my old address, so I actually dont have one. And oh BTW this was AFTER I received uniform items delivered to my new address) #[email protected]

How are we NOT allowed to wear the leather coat? WTF?

-Bubs

Bluedriver
01-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Boy, Id love to pick up and help out in this cold. If only I could wear my leather jacket and not my synthetic doofus coat that makes me look like a customer. (BTW it was delivered to my old address, so I actually dont have one. And oh BTW this was AFTER I received uniform items delivered to my new address) #[email protected]

How are we NOT allowed to wear the leather coat? WTF?

-Bubs

Just make sure to commute into base a few days before the storm....

Signed, the chiefs.

P-3Bubba
01-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Just make sure to commute into base a few days before the storm....

Signed, the chiefs.

Had a buddy CNX commute Sat AM flight, his Sunday flight is CNX from the IROP CNX package but hell never be able to report because the commute is CNX. Calls. Gets a missed assignment. Hes like well, I would pick up this DH Open time trip that I can get to from my house and Crew Services says Nope you cant do that. Hes like, well, youre going to need someone to do it. They get a supervisor. He gets a lecture about the MFA then they let him help out. Seriously, what a f-ing team we got here.

-Bubs

rvr1800
01-20-2019, 02:45 PM
I prefer the overcoat. Much warmer.

seekingblue
01-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Overcoat is great. Im incognito and in uniform compliance. Win-win

P-3Bubba
01-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Do we know where were at with the grievance for the $200 they snuffed out of our uniform banks?

-Bubs

capt707
01-20-2019, 04:21 PM
Do we know where were at with the grievance for the $200 they snuffed out of our uniform banks?

-Bubs

Grievance was Withdrawn

Std Deviation
01-21-2019, 05:19 AM
Got the DFW to BOS is in jeopardy can you help? email this morning. If only I hadnt dequaled as an FO weeks ago when I completed CA training. Expected OE? 2 more weeks. Expected fed ride ? 2 more weeks after that.

hockeypilot44
01-21-2019, 05:52 AM
As an outside airline guy, what happened to the leather jacket?

Std Deviation
01-21-2019, 05:56 AM
As an outside airline guy, what happened to the leather jacket?

Not fashionable enough. Replaced with wool coat. Looks like you’re a stockbroker about to get on the subway. Which is okay I guess, unless you’re 30 deep at the gate trying to Jumpseat and want to look like a pilot. Some like the incognito effect. I don’t. Wool is awesome when preflighting in the rain.

Std Deviation
01-21-2019, 05:57 AM
One of our male flight attendants offered to buy my wool coat because, in his words, it was faaaaaaaabbbbbbulous.

Byrdmen
01-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Overcoat is great. Im incognito and in uniform compliance. Win-win

Just for the record, the old blue overcoat is no longer allowed.

Sitting in BOS right now has me wondering if I could get away with pulling it out of retirement anyway.

Sure glad I earned my leather jacket years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rvr1800
01-21-2019, 07:36 AM
Got the DFW to BOS is in jeopardy can you help? email this morning. If only I hadnt dequaled as an FO weeks ago when I completed CA training. Expected OE? 2 more weeks. Expected fed ride ? 2 more weeks after that.

What base and plane?

AYLflyer
01-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Only pilots will sit and ***** about a damn overcoat.

I don't understand the fascination with the leather jacket. Yesterday in -20 degree windchill I was able to stand outside and chop the ice off of my car with no issue. I really like a long overcoat that covers beyond my waist and down towards my knees. I'm also able to go into and out of stores/restaurants on cold overnights without having to worry about removing stripes or wings.

PSU Flyer
01-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Only pilots will sit and ***** about a damn overcoat.

I don't understand the fascination with the leather jacket. Yesterday in -20 degree windchill I was able to stand outside and chop the ice off of my car with no issue. I really like a long overcoat that covers beyond my waist and down towards my knees. I'm also able to go into and out of stores/restaurants on cold overnights without having to worry about removing stripes or wings.

How does it work in the rain?

Bluedriver
01-22-2019, 09:32 AM

Whatever, it doesn't rain in the JB network...

I didn't like the leather jacket much. I do like how the new one makes me a secret agent when I don't want to be a "pilot" in the terminal. Have seen at least one dude put his eppellets (spelling? Don't really care) on the new coat... You're doing it WRONG dude! Defeats the whole purpose of being under-cover!

WhistlePig
01-22-2019, 10:30 AM

Not as well as my travel umbrella

PSU Flyer
01-22-2019, 10:38 AM
Not as well as my travel umbrella

Does your travel umbrella also keep dog hair, lint, and dust from the overhead bins off of your jacket?

Bluedriver
01-22-2019, 10:50 AM
Does your travel umbrella also keep dog hair, lint, and dust from the overhead bins off of your jacket?

Just understand you are helping keep our aircraft clean, per mandatory company policy, by way of your jacket.

Speedbird2263
01-22-2019, 11:00 AM
Just understand you are helping keep our aircraft clean, per mandatory company policy, by way of your jacket.

Well played my man, well played.

Mattio
01-22-2019, 11:30 AM
Leather jacket was always the perfect temperature. Didn't feel cold outside or too hot when inside... Something about that cowhide. The overcoat feels like I'm wearing a straight-jacket. Maybe that's the point, B6 does feel like a mental ward sometimes ;-)

Std Deviation
01-22-2019, 01:39 PM
The leather makes me feel like Fonzie or MacGyver. It increases my self esteem when Delta Captains waiting for the crew van ask if I, have my app in yet?

Mattio
01-22-2019, 02:02 PM
The leather makes me feel like Fonzie or MacGyver. It increases my self esteem when Delta Captains waiting for the crew van ask if I, have my app in yet?

+2 for the leather jacket

Bozo the pilot
01-22-2019, 02:25 PM

Music to my ears. Finished transition to 190 on the 19th. Hopin to get oe after the Super Bowl.
Gotta love the disorganization or this organization. :D

CaptCoolHand
01-22-2019, 04:02 PM

I carry my own duct tape for the 190.
Most FOs cant figure out how the dmn thing works either but i give it a fist bump and she purrs like a kitten. Plus leather is eco friendly. Its 100% vegetarian and recycled.

Std Deviation
01-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Most FOs cant figure out how the dmn thing works either but i give it a fist bump and she purrs like a kitten. Plus leather is eco friendly. Its 100% vegetarian and recycled.

If only I could actually see a real 190. Sim program? Check. Actual CA OE/Fed ride? Told another 30 days from now...:eek: whats she fly like?

Std Deviation
01-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Music to my ears. Finished transition to 190 on the 19th. Hopin to get oe after the Super Bowl.
Gotta love the disorganization or this organization. :D

Well, Im ahead of you in the queue and nothing yet. Youre good!

Std Deviation
01-22-2019, 04:33 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XB464cs8m0g

CaptCoolHand
01-22-2019, 05:28 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XB464cs8m0g

Hahaha exactly.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1