Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Gannon Fired?

Chancellor
01-21-2019, 05:17 AM
Can anyone confirm?

knewyork
01-21-2019, 05:34 AM
He still appears in the company directory.

Hal9000
01-21-2019, 05:53 AM
He's going back to the line.

Viking6
01-21-2019, 02:05 PM
I was told he was going back to the line. Maybe he wants to leave republic and is just getting current.

BeastieBoy
01-21-2019, 03:22 PM
He wants to run for union president again and change the relationship.:eek:

Viking6
01-22-2019, 04:02 AM
He wants to run for union president again and change the relationship.:eek:

It probably wouldnít matter. The union and management at Republic are very cozy currently. How many Union volunteers also work in the training department. I know of at least 3 by my count.

Iím sure he plans on leaving YX, but I doubt he would be able to hold any elected position in the union.

fortyeight
01-22-2019, 06:48 AM
The union and management at Republic are very cozy currently.

100%. Grievances go unacknowledged, hotel complaint form is as useless as tits on a bull, fly it and grieve it is their default advice and the company never sees any reprocution, just to name a few. I canít wait until union leadership is up for vote. #bringbackCM

rickair7777
01-22-2019, 06:50 AM
It probably wouldnít matter. The union and management at Republic are very cozy currently. How many Union volunteers also work in the training department. I know of at least 3 by my count.

Iím sure he plans on leaving YX, but I doubt he would be able to hold any elected position in the union.

That's how you manage a union... hire all the union leaders into company positions. Pretty soon, only people who are looking for fast tracks into training/management bother to volunteer for the union, and they which side of their bread is buttered.

Gravity88x
01-22-2019, 12:48 PM
100%. Grievances go unacknowledged, hotel complaint form is as useless as tits on a bull, fly it and grieve it is their default advice and the company never sees any reprocution, just to name a few. I canít wait until union leadership is up for vote. #bringbackCM

Soon enough there will be a vote and thereís plenty of new faces trying hard to get into those spots. We are gonna turn things around

sflpilot
01-23-2019, 07:10 AM
The IBT at RAH has been ineffective probably since they first started representation. It wasnít even them that got the contract done. The company finally had to capitulate to be able to staff the airline. Really just a timing situation.

Viking6
01-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Soon enough there will be a vote and thereís plenty of new faces trying hard to get into those spots. We are gonna turn things around

Agreed. They need to totally clean house, with the exception of maybe the safety committee. We will see how the vote goes, because many are on autopilot at YX.

2fly1034
01-25-2019, 03:36 PM
Gannon was forced down for a reason

Viking6
01-26-2019, 07:04 AM
Gannon was forced down for a reason

Thatís what it sounds like now. The whole thing sounds crazy!

pilot2804
01-26-2019, 01:52 PM
Thatís what it sounds like now. The whole thing sounds crazy!

spill the beannnnsss