Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Industry experience credit

Gordon Axel
01-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Does the increased pay start day one or after IOE for previous 121 credit. Also, how is the bonus paid out.

Thanks

SuperDec95
01-21-2019, 07:28 PM
Does the increased pay start day one or after IOE for previous 121 credit. Also, how is the bonus paid out.

Thanks

My first paycheck reflected my longevity credit so yes to 1. My recruiter told me the bonus would be paid one or two pay cycles after i.o.e. completion.

trvsmrtn
01-22-2019, 04:36 AM
Did either of you guys already have ERJ or CRJ type rating? If so, what’s the training footprint look like? Any difference in assigning seniority number?

amcnd
01-22-2019, 05:54 AM
Did either of you guys already have ERJ or CRJ type rating? If so, what’s the training footprint look like? Any difference in assigning seniority number?

The CRJ short course is one week ground, 2 FTD?(only number im unsure of is ftd) , 4 maneuvers prep, 2 loft prep, MV, LOE, IOE.

Skyhawk121
01-22-2019, 10:11 AM
The increased pay starts day one as long as you get the app filled out before you go to class. If you want to PM me I can give you the number of the guy that helped me get all of mine setup when I came to SkyWest.

trvsmrtn
01-22-2019, 10:16 AM
What about seniority numbers? Still behind cadets and based on SSN?

Skyhawk121
01-22-2019, 10:34 AM
What about seniority numbers? Still behind cadets and based on SSN?

Yes, I am pretty sure that is the case.

Check Complete
01-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Yes, I am pretty sure that is the case.

If it came from Skypenguin121, you know it must be true!

Skyhawk121
01-22-2019, 01:08 PM
If it came from Skypenguin121, you know it must be true!

I try to tell the truth the best I can on here. Not all of us can be negative and bitter keyboard warriors like you. Who p!ssed in your cheerios this time?

TooMuchAl
01-22-2019, 01:58 PM
Just copied this off the career guide web page:"SkyWest pilots can upgrade in as little as three months (based on FAR Part 121-436 requirements)."

Pilot Jobs » SkyWest Airlines (http://www.skywest.com/skywest-airline-jobs/career-guides/pilot-jobs/#career-requirements)

Based on that reg I can count my previous 135 PIC time towards an upgrade. Has anyone seen this yet and if so how did it play out as far as the quickness of upgrade?

word302
01-22-2019, 06:06 PM
Just copied this off the career guide web page:"SkyWest pilots can upgrade in as little as three months (based on FAR Part 121-436 requirements)."

Pilot Jobs » SkyWest Airlines (http://www.skywest.com/skywest-airline-jobs/career-guides/pilot-jobs/#career-requirements)

Based on that reg I can count my previous 135 PIC time towards an upgrade. Has anyone seen this yet and if so how did it play out as far as the quickness of upgrade?

Currently the upgrade is just under 2 years. While it may drop a bit, I wouldn't count on it hitting 3 months again anytime soon unless we see some major growth. Count on 2 years and you won't be disappointed.

Check Complete
01-23-2019, 06:50 AM
I try to tell the truth the best I can on here. Not all of us can be negative and bitter keyboard warriors like you. Who p!ssed in your cheerios this time?

I'm not mad or bitter.I just want to be as cool and knowledgeable as you are!

I look up to you...

because you are my Mentor, Skypigeon 121!

amcnd
01-23-2019, 08:59 AM
I would say plan on 2 years. But i do believe we will have a burst of lower then that this spring..

ChuckRox51
01-23-2019, 02:06 PM
So what exactly counts as credit coming from the 135 world? Do I have to be listed as the PIC on the trip sheets or can I count any of my time acting as PF, in the left seat, as PIC time? I only ask because we swap legs and usually only the senior captain gets listed as trip PIC.

word302
01-23-2019, 02:19 PM
So what exactly counts as credit coming from the 135 world? Do I have to be listed as the PIC on the trip sheets or can I count any of my time acting as PF, in the left seat, as PIC time? I only ask because we swap legs and usually only the senior captain gets listed as trip PIC.

You'd have to read the reg, but my guess is you'd have to be the one signing for the aircraft for it to count.

ChuckRox51
01-23-2019, 02:30 PM
You'd have to read the reg, but my guess is you'd have to be the one signing for the aircraft for it to count.

Thank you for the response

TooMuchAl
01-23-2019, 06:01 PM
Currently the upgrade is just under 2 years. While it may drop a bit, I wouldn't count on it hitting 3 months again anytime soon unless we see some major growth. Count on 2 years and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info

Apejackson
01-27-2019, 03:31 AM
The CRJ short course is one week ground, 2 FTD?(only number im unsure of is ftd) , 4 maneuvers prep, 2 loft prep, MV, LOE, IOE.

So what does this make the initial training footprint look like? Indoc to starting IOE. I already have my CRJ type looking to make the move from another regional and am seeing what kind of time away to prep my wife for. Not sure she’d be on-board for another 3 months of training just yet.

amcnd
01-27-2019, 03:38 AM
3 weeks’ish....

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1