Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 2nd year pay raise

N10DJ
01-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Is it 1 year from class date or 1 year from projected training completion?

I've always been under the assumption that it was projected training completion date but now I'm unsure if there was a change with the new LOS implemented back in NOV. I was scrolling through APA webpage>quicklinks>compass project>documents index>pay/compensation> 2nd year pay raise.

Page 2 part two clearly says its 1 year from class start date but I've never been told this was a thing and this is not what we learned during indoc. So was there a change that I missed. Also the document was created on 1/11/19. What am I missing?

N10DJ
01-21-2019, 06:14 PM
Found my mistake. Missed a paragraph when looking at it and I donít know how to delete threads. Class date is short for classification date which is projected training completion. Someone throw this in the next contract please. 4 seniority dates is a little ridiculous donít you think. Why do things need to be so hard lol

Al Czervik
01-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Why do things need to be so hard lol

Because thatís they way theyíve always donít things.

R57 relay
01-22-2019, 05:04 AM
Because thatís they way theyíve always donít things.

You want change? Well, you're going to get it in March! Well, the Airbus is anyway...;)

Saabs
01-22-2019, 06:19 AM
You want change? Well, you're going to get it in March! Well, the Airbus is anyway...;)

Iím not smart enough to run landing distance calculations in March!!

aa73
01-22-2019, 07:50 AM
Because that’s they way they’ve always don’t things.

How original.

aa73
01-22-2019, 07:53 AM

737 fleet as well. Bring it!

(Of course, instead of complaining that we’re adapting a bunch of LUS style triggers and flows, I actually welcome it. Change can be good. But that’s just me...)

R57 relay
01-22-2019, 08:12 AM

(Of course, instead of complaining that weíre adapting a bunch of LUS style triggers and flows, I actually welcome it. Change can be good. But thatís just me...)

Yes, change can be good. The manuals are giving me fits right now, but think we are headed in the right direction. The Airbus flows and expanded flows need some polishing up.

Sorry for the thread creep.

Al Czervik
01-22-2019, 08:22 AM

(Of course, instead of complaining that we’re adapting a bunch of LUS style triggers and flows, I actually welcome it. Change can be good. But that’s just me...)

You’re alone on that. I’ve seen the new TEM/BRIEF used once since last summer when we changed it.

“How original”? It’s the truth. For some reason LAA only looks backwards. The only thing I see on AArena is pictures of the glory days. Lol...wake up Al Bundy!

aa73
01-22-2019, 08:35 AM
You’re alone on that. I’ve seen the new TEM/BRIEF used once since last summer when we changed it.

“How original”? It’s the truth. For some reason LAA only looks backwards. The only thing I see on AArena is pictures of the glory days. Lol...wake up Al Bundy!

Yes. I know it’s true. But instead of constantly complaining about it why not get involved and try and effectuate change... I did just that and while I may not have been too effective I still gave it a shot.

isuguy
04-13-2019, 07:05 PM
So I noticed the main AA APC page, the pay scales updated on 11 April. Are those the numbers u all have been getting paid since 1 Jan 2019? Or did something happen to get more money like the out of contract raise a while back?

cocktimusprime
04-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Canít speak for anyone else, but the pay rate indicated is what Iíve been making since January 1st . . .

crusher
04-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Those are current as of 1 Jan 19. I believe it was a 3% raise from the old numbers.

isuguy
04-14-2019, 12:27 PM
Cool thanks!

KodiakRS
04-15-2019, 09:41 AM
The profile page is showing 2nd and 1st year 190 FO pay being the same. Is that a typo or is there some contractual oddity where year 1 pay is slowly overtaking year 2 for group 1 aircraft?

viper548
04-15-2019, 09:49 AM
The profile page is showing 2nd and 1st year 190 FO pay being the same. Is that a typo or is there some contractual oddity where year 1 pay is slowly overtaking year 2 for group 1 aircraft?

group 1 FO is 90.93 for first and second year.

flydc
04-15-2019, 09:57 AM
There are several typos in the APC pay chart.

PRS Guitars
04-15-2019, 03:12 PM

Unfortunately, itís not a typo, itís a big weak area of our contract, and the reason that nearly 100% of 190 FOís bid off it after a year, too much money left on the table. On the CA side it pay very close to group 2 FO, so also a problem.

TankerDriver
04-16-2019, 05:51 AM
The profile page is showing 2nd and 1st year 190 FO pay being the same. Is that a typo or is there some contractual oddity where year 1 pay is slowly overtaking year 2 for group 1 aircraft?No, tis true. It was a contract screw job years ago when the 190 came over from USAir and yes, it causes many manning issues in the 190. Figure out how much it costs training initial quals to deal with the attrition rate and you'd probably be at a wash if they'd just raise the pay rates. With the current "plan" to get rid of the 190 next summer, I wouldn't be surpised if the pay rates don't get attention in the new contract.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1