Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : E175 sv/pv

acam
01-22-2019, 12:44 PM
For those of you recently doing your SV/PV, can you share some details (length, type of questions asked in SV, etc.)? Also, any tips for studying other than reading the manuals?

dera
01-22-2019, 12:53 PM
For those of you recently doing your SV/PV, can you share some details (length, type of questions asked in SV, etc.)? Also, any tips for studying other than reading the manuals?

You have the "study guide", right?

Cyio
01-22-2019, 02:33 PM
You have the "study guide", right?
I second this. Ask around when you get to training for the "packet". If you memorize that you will learn a lot about the systems and aircraft in addition to being prepared for the oral phase.

smtx123
01-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Did mine recently. Utilize the study guide and you will have no problem whatsoever. My SV was only around 20-30 mins including preflight. FO PV is a cross bleed start, takeoff from DFW, climb via the SID, vector off SID, then back on to SID, do a hold, IDG failure (run QRH), STAR, then an ILS to a landing at DFW. Both were very straightforward.

buddies8
01-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Well thanks, that will be changed within a month.

Voski
01-24-2019, 07:53 PM
Well thanks, that will be changed within a month.

I know they're changing the format up for recurrent, but are they actually completely revamping SV/PV for new trainees?

dera
01-24-2019, 08:28 PM
I know they're changing the format up for recurrent, but are they actually completely revamping SV/PV for new trainees?

I think the point he was trying to make is that discussing the profile in a public forum might make them change it...