Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

JonnyKnoxville
01-22-2019, 04:26 PM
The Atlas Air profile page as been updated showcasing the quick upgrades that have been awarded in the past. Like a good used car salesman, the pilot recruiters are saying anything they can to get people in the door.

747 CA 02/2015
767 CA 02/2016
777 CA 05/2015
737 CA 04/2016

But just like in the investment world, past performance is no guarantee of future results. In the case of upgrade opportunities at Atlas Air, I would say just the opposite is true.

1,000 pilots have been hired in the past four years.

That is right, we have just gone through a growth spurt. With a fleet of 113 aircraft at the holding company, they would roughly have to get 113 more aircraft to upgrade the new hire today (assuming no attrition). Now, it is no secret that the flood gates are open as pilots are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship. With no growth and mass attrition of 200+ a year, you stand a chance on upgrading at some point. But keep in mind, the senior Captains are not the ones leaving for other airlines like the junior pilots (mainly First Officers).

Place your bets on upgrade times going forward for a new hire starting today.

My bet 10 years.

atpcliff
01-22-2019, 05:54 PM
If you need PIC time, to progress in your career, I would not come to Atlas/Southern.
If you need PIC, AND want Atlas/Southern, get the PIC time, and then come to Atlas. That way, you won't get stuck...

thesandbox
01-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Buy high, sell low...right? You'll catch that falling knife sooner or later.

Sailfish234
01-22-2019, 07:22 PM
SPOT ON.....Atlas used to have so much potential, then our businessmen showed their true colors and continually do so. TOXIC....

The Atlas Air profile page as been updated showcasing the quick upgrades that have been awarded in the past. Like a good used car salesman, the pilot recruiters are saying anything they can to get people in the door.

747 CA 02/2015
767 CA 02/2016
777 CA 05/2015
737 CA 04/2016

But just like in the investment world, past performance is no guarantee of future results. In the case of upgrade opportunities at Atlas Air, I would say just the opposite is true.

That is right, we have just gone through a growth spurt. With a fleet of 113 aircraft at the holding company, they would roughly have to get 113 more aircraft to upgrade the new hire today (assuming no attrition). Now, it is no secret that the flood gates are open as pilots are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship. With no growth and mass attrition of 200+ a year, you stand a chance on upgrading at some point. But keep in mind, the senior Captains are not the ones leaving for other airlines like the junior pilots (mainly First Officers).

My bet 10 years.

LoneStarM1A
01-23-2019, 01:09 AM
Yep. Why would you come here? Stupid to do so.

RyeMex
01-23-2019, 02:26 AM
This is something that I've been telling new guys on the line. They get pretty upset when I give them a reality check.

I'm a 3rd year FO and still 18-24 months away from an upgrade at the very least. And upgrade times are climbing with every vacancy award.

I figure that in the near to medium term, it'll stabilize around the 6-7 year mark for the 767, and around 10 years for the 747.

Guys being hired at this very moment are still being told that they'll be in the left seat in 2 years. Buyer beware.

TiredSoul
01-23-2019, 06:30 AM
Yep. Why would you come here? Stupid to do so.

Werenít you guys told by a judge to knock it off? Union send an email too.
Or was that just SHOP and BOOT and bullying new hires not to pick up OT?

HvypurplePylot
01-23-2019, 06:49 AM
This is something that I've been telling new guys on the line. They get pretty upset when I give them a reality check.

I'm a 3rd year FO and still 18-24 months away from an upgrade at the very least. And upgrade times are climbing with every vacancy award.

I figure that in the near to medium term, it'll stabilize around the 6-7 year mark for the 767, and around 10 years for the 747.

Guys being hired at this very moment are still being told that they'll be in the left seat in 2 years. Buyer beware.

They're probably just sick of sharing a cockpit with a debbie downer. Everyone can read a seniority list.

LoneStarM1A
01-23-2019, 07:14 AM
Weren’t you guys told by a judge to knock it off? Union send an email too.

Don't be upset at me if you made the bad decision to be hired recently by Atlas. I was told nothing by anyone regarding the dissemination of information about employment choices. They're welcome to track me down and dock my pay and/or fire me if they think they can. You shouldn't pick open time either, enjoy your days off. They're for your quality of life!

deus ex machina
01-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Still waiting on that great IBT contract ... :rolleyes:

JonnyKnoxville
01-23-2019, 08:04 AM

Knock what off? Disseminating the facts? If you want to sit by idle while we watch our managers lie to potential new hires, that is on you.

Globemaster2827
01-23-2019, 08:04 AM

Congrats on the retirement you voted on.

742Dash
01-23-2019, 08:29 AM
Every class that is not filled, every ACMI contract that is not signed puts pressure on management -- but they are also upgrades lost. That should have been obvious to everyone at the start of this campaign.

BluePAX
01-23-2019, 08:56 AM
Speaking of classes, how full have they been lately?

DC8DRIVER
01-23-2019, 09:21 AM
Really??

Nothing better to do than troll other threads and try to smear IBT.

As airline workers, we are survivors from the same airline industry shipwreck. Some lifeboats are floating higher than others right now but all you ever seem to want to do is to throw water into any lifeboat that has IBT members.

Classy. Not to mention a great use of your spare time.

FYI: All of us at Atlas are waiting for a great IBT contract

Hopefully it'll be a step up from Kalitta and OMNI's new IBT contracts - both of which are much better than out current contract here at Atlas. And although they lead the ACMI world in work rules and pay they are both a long way away from where we all should be.

JonnyKnoxville
01-23-2019, 09:38 AM
Every class that is not filled, every ACMI contract that is not signed puts pressure on management -- but they are also upgrades lost. That should have been obvious to everyone at the start of this campaign.

It is sad to think of all the lost business and career potential as a result of management choosing to attack their own employees. The choice to wage war against the pilots has cost the company millions of dollars and tarnished its reputation for good. There is a reason Eastern Airlines is out of business and Southwest Airlines carries more passengers in the U.S. than any other airline in the world today. This failed management strategy should have been obvious to all the "leaders" at the start of their campaign.

itsjustajob
01-23-2019, 09:47 AM

I do believe that has been appealed and the judges were all intrigued that the first judge even entertained the outlandish complaints alleged by the company.

The appeal should be forthcoming in the near future and throw the case out as it should have been with the first judge.

itsjustajob
01-23-2019, 09:54 AM

747 CA 02/2015
767 CA 02/2016
777 CA 05/2015
737 CA 04/2016

My bet 10 years.

Good solid facts, nice work!

I would add that without exception all the FOís Iím flying with are sub $50K their first year due to protracted training and delayed OE.

They seem to be stuck on training pay for the maximum allowed time.

OE is taking longer on nearly all students further delaying their release to 50hr guarantee and unpaid R-1 at home waiting for a trip in the next bid cycle.

This effectively puts them from start to bidding a first pattern between 5-6 months.

Many are shocked that we do not have a block or better component and realize late in the game that they are working on a prorated salary scheme losing 1/2 the first and last day of Pay on any line flying they do manage to fly.

Many arenít bashful admitting that resumes are out and they are keeping everything fresh for their career move after Atlas.

sandstorm
01-23-2019, 11:02 AM
Many are shocked that we do not have a block or better component and realize late in the game that they are working on a prorated salary scheme losing 1/2 the first and last day of Pay on any line flying they do manage to fly.

I feel zero sympathy for these people. If they weren't aware of how ****ty our pay is, that means they did not do proper job research. The information is out there in various places.

Riverside
01-23-2019, 11:07 AM
Classy. Not to mention a great use of your spare time.

There you go again.....

Colt45
01-23-2019, 08:30 PM
So junior 777 Captain is 05/2015? Is this accurate? I just met an FO who had been with Southern since Ď09 and they were saying they were next in the list. ??? Were Atlas guys allowed to bid over to 777 Captain?

WhipWhitaker
01-23-2019, 09:14 PM
So junior 777 Captain is 05/2015? Is this accurate? I just met an FO who had been with Southern since Ď09 and they were saying they were next in the list. ??? Were Atlas guys allowed to bid over to 777 Captain?

Jr 77 CA is a Nov 2010 DOH.

Bengal
01-23-2019, 09:55 PM

Well, it isnít untrue. Youíll be in the left seat plenty when youíre flying augmented crew...

Colt45
01-23-2019, 10:18 PM
Jr 77 CA is a Nov 2010 DOH.

Ok.. so the info that was posted on APC (777 CA - 05/2015)is incorrect. Thanks.

JonnyKnoxville
01-24-2019, 05:25 AM

Not just incorrect. The information coming from our recruiters is intentionally deceiving.

New CBA coming soon!!!
Get in front of this huge hiring wave!!!
Upgrade Quickly!!!

All lies designed to get you in the door so management can put a warm body in a seat. It will take you about a year to learn that you were tricked and by that time you have already become their next victim.

I flew with a guy last trip who asked me no less than six times when I thought he would upgrade. He had been here two years and told me the recruiters said he would have upgraded by now. There is no upgrade in sight for him. He was so upset that he had been duped.

Birdsmash
01-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Upgrade to 737 CA from 777 FO was awarded a few months ago to a late 2017 DOH. Thatís an even better deal than 18 months to FDX 757 CA. This is where the extreme sarcasm emoji would be inserted. 😜

Upgrade time anywhere (Kalitta, Atlas, Omni, Southern, etc) can change rapidly either way depending on growth or the end of a contract with a customer. It all depends on where you are in the hiring wave when the music stops.

nitefr8dog
01-24-2019, 06:17 AM
Upgrade to 737 CA from 777 FO was awarded a few months ago to a late 2017 DOH. Thatís an even better deal than 18 months to FDX 757 CA. This is where the extreme sarcasm emoji would be inserted. 😜

Upgrade time anywhere (Kalitta, Atlas, Omni, Southern, etc) can change rapidly either way depending on growth or the end of a contract with a customer. It all depends on where you are in the hiring wave when the music stops.
And in the mean time while waiting to upgrade...the little things like eating and pay the house payment and electrical bill would be nice. Unfortunately at the current pay rates it becomes very difficult. As a new hire at a commuter while being single and living with 4 guys in a crash pad....it did not seem as important. At this level it is unacceptable.

FR8Dog7
01-24-2019, 06:17 AM
Not just incorrect. The information coming from our recruiters is intentionally deceiving.

New CBA coming soon!!!
Upgrade Quickly!!!

All lies designed to get you in the door so management can put a warm body in a seat. It will take you about a year to learn that you were tricked and by that time you have already become their next victim.

I flew with a guy last trip who asked me no less than six times when I thought he would upgrade. He had been here two years and told me the recruiters said he would have upgraded by now. There is no upgrade in sight for him. He was so upset that he had been duped.

You really are the epitome of the angry young man aren't you?

JonnyKnoxville
01-24-2019, 08:00 AM
You really are the epitome of the angry young man aren't you?

I'm not angry at all actually. I just will not turn a blind eye when management intentionally lies to deceive a fellow professional pilot. It is unethical. Even if the lies are told with the goal of making money, that money is made at the cost of someone's career.

I know you no longer are able to witness it first hand, but the number of new first officers that are bewildered by the poor choice they made to come work for Atlas/Southern is astounding. When they are questioned on their decision, it almost always comes up that part of the reason they made such a bad career choice was on the false promises of management.

RyeMex
01-24-2019, 08:55 AM
...it almost always comes up that part of the reason they made such a bad career choice was on the false promises of management.

I can attest to this as well. I just flew with a guy on my last trip who finished up OE a couple of months ago. He was upset about how little the lines on the 767 had been worth, and asked me if that was normal. When I told him yes, it is, he became furious and went on a rather long monologue about how he had been painted a very different picture about the earning potential here when he had spoken to the company recruiters.

There are a lot of pilots out there who expect that they can take what the recruiters say as more or less the truth, even if it's a "rosy" picture. Most of these guys don't realize that they are being told straight up lies just to get them in the door.

Atlas Shrugged
01-24-2019, 09:13 AM
I can attest to this as well. I just flew with a guy on my last trip who finished up OE a couple of months ago. He was upset about how little the lines on the 767 had been worth, and asked me if that was normal. When I told him yes, it is, he became furious and went on a rather long monologue about how he had been painted a very different picture about the earning potential here when he had spoken to the company recruiters.

There are a lot of pilots out there who expect that they can take what the recruiters say as more or less the truth, even if it's a "rosy" picture. Most of these guys don't realize that they are being told straight up lies just to get them in the door.

It's almost like these new kids don't know there is this thing called the interweb!

There is so much information about Classless Air that there is no excuse for not knowing...

Elevation
01-24-2019, 09:32 AM
Are the seniority lists proprietary or confidential? What about vacancy awards? If the problem is getting facts to people who need them, we have the resources. We just need to go about doing so without stepping on ourselves.

No Land 3
01-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Are the seniority lists proprietary or confidential? What about vacancy awards? If the problem is getting facts to people who need them, we have the resources. We just need to go about doing so without stepping on ourselves.

The facts only matter if the new people are getting multiple job offers. Your problem is that for some people, they are sick of the regionals and just want out. Here comes Atlas offering a Boeing type rating, and no one else is responding to them. At that point it is not about the facts, it's about adding a new type, getting Boeing experience, and it is something different.

BluePAX
01-24-2019, 07:28 PM
The facts only matter if the new people are getting multiple job offers. Your problem is that for some people, they are sick of the regionals and just want out. Here comes Atlas offering a Boeing type rating, and no one else is responding to them. At that point it is not about the facts, it's about adding a new type, getting Boeing experience, and it is something different.

Ding ding ding.

SaltyDog
01-24-2019, 07:35 PM

Your still not impressing anyone as the APC ALPA Rep :rolleyes:
I await your barrage ;)

scrupulous
01-24-2019, 11:10 PM
So we have gone from not being able to keep crew due to UPS/FedEx hiring them all to no upward movement in the span of one thread here?

I feel like I'm in a White House press briefing. Guess I'll have to email the resident Atlas statistician again for some facts since I can't trust the ExCo to give the whole truth vs pieces of it they want us to hear.

JonnyKnoxville
01-25-2019, 12:51 AM
So we have gone from not being able to keep crew due to UPS/FedEx hiring them all to no upward movement in the span of one thread here?

I feel like I'm in a White House press briefing. Guess I'll have to email the resident Atlas statistician again for some facts since I can't trust the ExCo to give the whole truth vs pieces of it they want us to hear.

No need to email anyone. You have access to a seniority list. Take a look at the list. 1,000 pilots have been hired in the past four years. Anyone who has ever been hired AFTER a huge hiring wave knows how this plays out. It really is not difficult to figure out.

maxjet
01-25-2019, 04:02 AM
No need to email anyone. You have access to a seniority list. Take a look at the list. 1,000 pilots have been hired in the past four years. Anyone who has ever been hired AFTER a huge hiring wave knows how this plays out. It really is not difficult to figure out.

JK is 100% right. All airlines work this way. Pilots hired at K4 right now have very little chance of seeing upgrade for a very long time unless things change.

K4 is capped at 35 aircraft right now. The FAA has not approved moving to 50 yet and from where I sit, does not appear to be a guarantee. I hear Atlas just scooped 3 NCA freighters that K4 had on order for delivery in 2019.

Things change rapidly in this business. Much faster that the pax business. Atlas could get a contract and the flood gates will open. K4 could score a 777, 747-800, CMI contract and hiring and upgrades could continue. Who knows? If you can go to work and have job satisfaction, make enough to enjoy life, and have your health what else do you really want or need?

CallmeJB
01-25-2019, 05:23 AM

Yes, and the company has plans to hire more than 2,000 pilots in the next four years.

Now, I'm not saying that that is possible... but those are the company's plans. They'll need a new CBA to make that happen, they'll need a better training program to make that happen, etc.

But those are their plans. I don't think they're lying to applicants. Delusional? Maybe. But not lying.

JonnyKnoxville
01-25-2019, 06:10 AM
We can all have delusional pipe dreams, I guess. While we are at it, I have plans to become the wealthiest man on the planet this week. My plan of action is to sit on the couch and watch it happen.

maxjet
01-25-2019, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=CallmeJB;2749547]Yes, and the company has plans to hire more than 2,000 pilots in the next four years.

Now, I'm not saying that that is possible... but those are the company's plans. They'll need a new CBA to make that happen, they'll need a better training program to make that happen, etc.

But those are their plans. I don't think they're lying to applicants. Delusional? Maybe. But not lying.[/QUOTE

If 1000 FOís leave in that period of time, where does that leave upgrade? Yes, pretty much the same place

Elevation
01-25-2019, 12:31 PM
That's no joke. We all talk about senior captains leaving for greener pastures, but it seems like the vast majority of people moving onward have been FOs with only a little bit of time on property. Someone who's spent time reviewing the data more closely can fact-check me.

zerozero
01-25-2019, 01:19 PM
That's no joke. We all talk about senior captains leaving for greener pastures, but it seems like the vast majority of people moving onward have been FOs with only a little bit of time on property. Someone who's spent time reviewing the data more closely can fact-check me.

No need to fact check.

What's remarkable about senior Capts leaving is NOT how many have left. It's the fact that someone feels sufficiently alienated, even betrayed by the company and is so pessimistic about the future at Atlas that they are willing to turn their back on 10, 15, 20 years of seniority to literally start over again at the bottom of another seniority list, with all the risks and challenges that entails.

So, the facts are yes, the majority of resignations are more junior crew members who have done a "cost:benefit" analysis (or even a "risk:reward" analysis) and realize their time is better spent at almost any other company besides Atlas and/or ABX. Both are run by incredibly hostile and dysfunctional executives, seemingly motivated by nothing more than the quarterly share price and the promise of an Amazon Golden Parachute.

JackStraw
01-25-2019, 02:22 PM
Come on over, morons. Don’t believe the upgrade times and W2 expectations posted? Then, by all means, come find out for yourself. No sympathy for you.

WhipWhitaker
01-25-2019, 05:51 PM
Come on over, morons. Donít believe the upgrade times and W2 expectations posted? Then, by all means, come find out for yourself. No sympathy for you.

Allegiant is hiring

Geronimo4497
01-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Allegiant is hiring

No, they are not.

DC8DRIVER
01-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Unless it was changed, the APC Southern page says that the junior 737 captain was a May 2015 hire ...

DC8 Driver
01-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Don't take our word for it on what a joke this place is; get your information straight from the MIA Chief Pilot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmY7uGnilvY

nitefr8dog
01-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Don't take our word for it on what a joke this place is; get your information straight from the MIA Chief Pilot!

Too late to buy Omni....but that is funny s#!t! Much better than the 1224 video they put out....

deus ex machina
01-27-2019, 05:07 PM
IBT is going to have an eye watering career-staying contract any time now..

gumpscheck
01-28-2019, 05:06 AM

Thatís funny as $#!+...

Diesel8
01-28-2019, 11:31 AM
IBT is going to have an eye watering career-staying contract any time now..

Wait, didn't they say that last month and the months before that?

Globemaster2827
01-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Wait, didn't they say that last month and the months before that?

If only they had K4's BS retirement that 90% of K4's pilot group voted for... Then they could work at Walmart or Target as greeters when they turn 65 like yall. Maybe yall could get a Target vs Walmart rivalry going that way you could keep talking trash about them until all of you are crapping your pants together!

CallmeJB
01-28-2019, 05:09 PM

That really was a great video. It gets better with age. Every time I watch it I laugh at the blocking out on time part.

Globemaster2827
01-28-2019, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the Atlas Pilot Group feels the same way with yall coming over here and blaming their leadership for their situation instead of Management.

Geronimo4497
01-28-2019, 06:19 PM
https://strivingforfreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/someonewrongoninternet.jpg

scrupulous
01-28-2019, 09:36 PM
Thatís funny as $#!+...

Maybe for those that don't speak Spanish. Guess we should listen to it muted and read only the captions.

I'm pretty sure the Atlas Pilot Group feels the same way with yall coming over here and blaming their leadership for their situation instead of Management.

While Atlas management has always been the problem, particularly with many of them hailing from past Lorenzo positions. Our current un-elected leadership has little problem exercising their inexperience and willingness to follow a convicted felon's word that is regularly disproven and burns dues paying members for exercising there rights under bylaw and CBA at every opportunity. Yet, that same felon has secured an extra year and a half of income out of our memberships pockets due to his upcoming retirement with no direct interest in our outcome of our negotiations. Easy work if you can get it and he has by our remaining ExCo capitulating their authority to him. His latching onto bylaw sections that work for him personally and ignoring those for the membership when it is not in his interest.

While I'm despondent with our current leadership's actions and the company's, I'm even more curious why your short "touch and go" at Atlas qualifies you for any real opinion here. Count your blessings you got a fedex job quickly. I'm jealous actually, but don't show up here like the guy who got the airline job and comes back to the FBO he learned to fly at bragging. Who likes that guy? The back side of the hiring wave is here now judging from the many posts here with captains not moving onto FedEx or UPS.

No Land 3
01-28-2019, 10:30 PM
If only they had K4's BS retirement that 90% of K4's pilot group voted for... Then they could work at Walmart or Target as greeters when they turn 65 like yall. Maybe yall could get a Target vs Walmart rivalry going that way you could keep talking trash about them until all of you are crapping your pants together!
There you go again, making Fed Ex pilots look like snobs, I'm sure they appreciate that.

727C47
01-29-2019, 03:01 AM
My fedex brothers and sisters in no way resemble that guy, cheers ; ) ( im not purple )

Globemaster2827
01-29-2019, 03:28 AM
Maybe for those that don't speak Spanish. Guess we should listen to it muted and read only the captions.

While Atlas management has always been the problem, particularly with many of them hailing from past Lorenzo positions. Our current un-elected leadership has little problem exercising their inexperience and willingness to follow a convicted felon's word that is regularly disproven and burns dues paying members for exercising there rights under bylaw and CBA at every opportunity. Yet, that same felon has secured an extra year and a half of income out of our memberships pockets due to his upcoming retirement with no direct interest in our outcome of our negotiations. Easy work if you can get it and he has by our remaining ExCo capitulating their authority to him. His latching onto bylaw sections that work for him personally and ignoring those for the membership when it is not in his interest.

While I'm despondent with our current leadership's actions and the company's, I'm even more curious why your short "touch and go" at Atlas qualifies you for any real opinion here. Count your blessings you got a fedex job quickly. I'm jealous actually, but don't show up here like the guy who got the airline job and comes back to the FBO he learned to fly at bragging. Who likes that guy? The back side of the hiring wave is here now judging from the many posts here with captains not moving onto FedEx or UPS.

1. They were elected. You have some political clout within the Union and didn't field a slate. None of your allies did either. Be the change you want to see. They could use you on the team despite your personal issues with several leaders.

2. I was there 6.5 years and as stated I have many friends I care for dearly within the pilot group. I have several buddies who don't really care for union leadership at all and many within leadership who pull the weight. I want to see the best for all of you and it irritates me when people take shots at yall. I am very blessed to be at FedEx and happy here. My family is moving to Memphis soon. Your pilot group deserves our contract for what you tolerate.

3. If you want a job here hit me up. You're more than qualified. I'd even be willing to talk to you on the phone to point you in the right direction. PM me if you are actually interested and I can say as a former 747 Captain that it's been well worth it. I've had several personal issues like the passing of my grandfather that they've worked with me on. It's a totally different job over here.

Best of luck!

deus ex machina
01-29-2019, 07:04 AM
1. They were elected. You have some political clout within the Union and didn't field a slate. None of your allies did either. Be the change you want to see. They could use you on the team despite your personal issues with several leaders.

2. I was there 6.5 years and as stated I have many friends I care for dearly within the pilot group. I have several buddies who don't really care for union leadership at all and many within leadership who pull the weight. I want to see the best for all of you and it irritates me when people take shots at yall. I am very blessed to be at FedEx and happy here. My family is moving to Memphis soon. Your pilot group deserves our contract for what you tolerate.

3. If you want a job here hit me up. You're more than qualified. I'd even be willing to talk to you on the phone to point you in the right direction. PM me if you are actually interested and I can say as a former 747 Captain that it's been well worth it. I've had several personal issues like the passing of my grandfather that they've worked with me on. It's a totally different job over here.

Best of luck!

wow...elected or not... perception is reality...

that new CBA... anytime now...

Elevation
01-29-2019, 08:36 AM

Congratulations on the new job! We wish you the best!

One thing I notice is that there are a couple guys here who both put their professional and personal reputations on the line in real life to effect change. Whether you agree with one faction or another, both of them stood up, became the nail stuck out and risked getting hammered for something they believe. Kudos to both. I respect that. I honestly like you all.

Imagine if we could align these folks onto a single objective. If I could, I'd invite you guys to my place so we could all sit by the fire, scream ourselves hoarse at each other then depart with some common, shared viewpoints and objectives. Sleep in my spare rooms and eat my oatmeal if you like. Just work this stuff out so we can attack our challenges effectively.

Wait. I can. Come on over and yell at each other at my place, if it'll help.

scrupulous
01-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the invitation. Always good to see someone wanting to mediate to solve a problem.

Unfortunately we collectively have been divided since the beginning of the BK reign and the FPL amendment to put BK in check on his spending of our funds. He has used all of the union resources to thwart it, disgraced all the proponents and supporters that could be identified as supporting it to include not representing them in emergencies despite it's passage. Including members not even associated with it, just because they are paired flying with those that are. Pretty vindictive and against bylaw.

I think a local shout fest is not in the cards to fix this. Yes, there are at least three factions here. Believers of Bob (BOB's), reality members, and those that don't G.A.S.

I appreciate your try, though it will probably end up in court pending BK's further actions and he likes court at our expense. Kind of sad when your own union goes out of it's way to burn members while following the constitution and bylaws.

Colt45
01-31-2019, 08:48 PM
There you go again, making Fed Ex pilots look like snobs, I'm sure they appreciate that.

I kinda felt like that was a jab at K4 guys.

TiredSoul
02-01-2019, 07:05 AM

Thatís actually really funny.

MoarAlpha
02-02-2019, 01:25 PM

New CBA coming soon!!!
Upgrade Quickly!!!

Atlas must have been his first airline job. Current upgrade times mean nothing in the future. I think we all know that.

JonnyKnoxville
02-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Atlas must have been his first airline job. Current upgrade times mean nothing in the future. I think we all know that.

18 Year Captain from Express Jet (Former ASA).

MoarAlpha
02-02-2019, 03:27 PM
18 Year Captain from Express Jet (Former ASA).

Humm, well guys hired that long ago didnt even have to deal with upgrades as many were hired straight into the left seat for a short period of time. Oh well...

Twin Wasp
02-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Atlas management sent out an email talking about growth and contract negotiations. Part of the email congratulated last year's upgrades. The email listed 8 747 upgrades, about a hundred 767 upgrades and 25 777 upgrades. Then about 2 and a half hours later there was a correlation email. Twenty two of the listed 777 upgrades were really 737 upgrades. You can't make this stuff up.

DC8 Driver
02-03-2019, 02:36 AM
Atlas management sent out an email talking about growth and contract negotiations. Part of the email congratulated last year's upgrades. The email listed 8 747 upgrades, about a hundred 767 upgrades and 25 777 upgrades. Then about 2 and a half hours later there was a correlation email. Twenty two of the listed 777 upgrades were really 737 upgrades. You can't make this stuff up.

And some Captains on that list are no longer on property as they're now at Delta and Fedex.

742Dash
02-03-2019, 05:43 AM

Chaotic mediocrity. It is the Atlas Way.

And it is nothing unique to Atlas. American business is infested with MBAs who know the cost of everything, the value of nothing and have the leadership skills of a pineapple.

freighthound
02-03-2019, 07:54 PM
And it is nothing unique to Atlas. American business is infested with MBAs who know the cost of everything, the value of nothing and have the leadership skills of a pineapple.

Ainít that the truth!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1