Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : How is envoys training?

friend
01-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Just curious wanted to inquire about the quality of training at envoy

Are the AQP initial training. Whats the fail rate, are they like skywest 3 strikes your out, is it inhouse training do they own their 175 sim

Cyio
01-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Just curious wanted to inquire about the quality of training at envoy

Are the AQP initial training. Whats the fail rate, are they like skywest 3 strikes your out, is it inhouse training do they own their 175 sim
I found training to be good if not fast. Lots of information is given to you and it is up to you to sort out the priorities.

Envoy is very patient with those who have good attitudes, at least from what I have heard. Not sure about a specific amount of strikes.

As for sims again not sure if we own but they are run by flight safety with our own pilots.

CaptJackSparrow
01-23-2019, 08:42 PM
One strong point (I think at least) here has always been the training department. However with these new PSI guys, the quality has definitely taken a hit.

With that said itís pretty straight forward. Put in some effort, have a good attitude, and youíll be fine. A lot of our examiners are getting tired of news guys coming in unprepared and not taking this job seriously enough. Donít be that guy and youíre good.

NoValueAviator
01-24-2019, 03:37 AM
Itís ok, ground school is more or less self-taught with some points covered by reading PowerPoints out loud in class. There isnít really any flight training you just go in and fly the sim doing certain tasks for 8 sims. Some of the guys running the sims will make a point to teach you stuff, but most will not. At the end when youíve done everything twice basically you take the check ride. You learn how to actually do the job with your IOE captain. Wash out rate is much much lower than anywhere doing traditional 121 quals but a lot of guys are busting and getting put on special tracking etc which isnít good for your career either.

FlyGuy2112
01-24-2019, 04:28 AM
The PSIís arenít great IMO. They know nothing about line flying and thatís what I had the most questions about when I started. My systems instructor didnít know anything and just read right off the slides. If you are lucky to get a few lessons with an old retired eagle guy or current ones youíll see the difference. At the end of the day the training is easy and youíll be fine.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1