Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Guard... Again....

jcountry
01-26-2019, 08:11 AM
I have noticed a real uptick of guard games again.

Seriously.

Stop this stupid ass crap.

Itís damaging to the image of the entire profession. We try to market ourselves as people who work long and hard to get into this career, and we want important groups (investors, politicians, passengers, the media) to see us as professionals who deserve fair treatment and decent compensation.....

Yet, we tolerate guard games.

I donít expect that anyone stupid enough to meow all over an emergency frequency will one day wake up normal.... BUT there are at least two people in every 121 cockpit. Whomever sits next to these idiots needs to say something.

If you are worried about saying something directly to these people, at least talk to pro standards.

Some idiots may not care enough about their own careers to stop acting like 8 year old retards on a frequency which is publicly available, but the rest of us need to act.

Donít tolerate these clowns on your aircraft. Regardless of which seat you are in, say something. I have never flown with anyone childish enough to play games on guard, but if I ever do, it will absolutely stop.

Police this ourselves. We donít need a CNN story about this Beavis & Butthead nonsense. If this is found to be coming from 121 aircraft, we all look like idiots.

(And yes, some of this is from 121 aircraft. We really do hear that voice on approach later.)

ShyGuy
01-26-2019, 08:19 AM
your on guard!!!!!!!!

Warhawg01
01-26-2019, 08:19 AM
Flying out of DC yesterday afternoon was unreal. Embarrassing actually.

PotatoChip
01-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Some things are funnier when youíre 22 vs 42...
And we have a real uptick in 22 year olds in the cockpit lately.

Floobs
01-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Just turn it off.

Poser765
01-26-2019, 08:45 AM
You know, Iíve been doing this for 7 years. Not once have I flown with someone who messed around on guard. Not. Once. Iím starting to think itís not the airline crews.

Eagle06
01-26-2019, 08:55 AM
Some things are funnier when youíre 22 vs 42...
And we have a real uptick in 22 year olds in the cockpit lately.

Do we? With the ATP rules Iíd say we have far fewer now. And those that are younger were pretty dedicated to get a degree and 1000/1250 hours at the same time to qualify for the restricted atp by 22.

captjns
01-26-2019, 08:56 AM
You know, Iíve been doing this for 7 years. Not once have I flown with someone who messed around on guard. Not. Once. Iím starting to think itís not the airline crews.

If not airline crews... then who?:rolleyes:

mainlineAF
01-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Another way to mitigate it is to stop accidentally transmitting on guard. Thatís what sets it off.

Hereís an idea: before you transmit, especially on a different radio or new frequency, make sure youíre on the right radio and frequency. Itís really not that complicated.

Poser765
01-26-2019, 09:14 AM
If not airline crews... then who?:rolleyes:dont know. Must be Delta crews. Iíve never worked with them, so no first hand experience.

Big E 757
01-26-2019, 09:35 AM

Charter pilots. Supplemental cargo, quarter share types...flex jet, net jets, and such. Every aircraft in the air isnít a 121 Airline. Iíve never witnessed it, but I agree, it would be nice if it stopped.

PotatoChip
01-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Charter pilots. Supplemental cargo, quarter share types...flex jet, net jets, and such. Every aircraft in the air isnít a 121 Airline. Iíve never witnessed it, but I agree, it would be nice if it stopped.

Yeah, Iím sure all those 61 year old NetJets and FlexJet guys are unprofessional and meowing on guard...
And supplemental cargo? Who would you be referring to? You realize supplemental cargo pilots are 121 airline pilots, right?

Catboatsailor
01-26-2019, 09:48 AM
It starts with amateur pilots flying at uncontrolled airports. They mean well, transmitting on CTAF as they do pattern work. Unfortunately theyíre listening to CTAF on 1, but transmitting on 2. Take a guess what frequency is dialed in there?

All these guard police canít figure out that these guys canít even hear you yelling at them on guard. Itís an exercise in futility.

Big E 757
01-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Yeah, Iím sure all those 61 year old NetJets and FlexJet guys are unprofessional and meowing on guard...
And supplemental cargo? Who would you be referring to? You realize supplemental cargo pilots are 121 airline pilots, right?

I wasnít saying those guys are the culprits, I was responding to the comment above, that there are in fact aircraft in the skies other than 121 flights. Youíre right, the cargo flights are 121, my mistake.

Skypilotsv1984
01-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Itís RJ pilots, you donít hear it out west or during the middle of the night. Thatís my theory.

jcountry
01-26-2019, 10:35 AM
It’s RJ pilots, you don’t hear it out west or during the middle of the night. That’s my theory.

Very likely.

I have heard some of those same idiots checking in with approach or tower later, and it was always an rj.

Used to be pretty rare, so I didn’t pay much attention, but it’s definitely on the rise again.

It’s unacceptle, and I hope we can deal with this stuff internally.

I actually heard these clowns meowing over real distress calls a couple times a couple years back. One situation involved a Cessna trapped on top of a cloud layer who was in a serious trouble. That’s when I really started to see red on this issue.

These guard clowns don’t seem to realize that real emergency transmissions happen which they cannot hear, yet due to the high altitude they are at, they are stepping on a very large area and blocking the whole damned thing-when they assume they are taking on a dead freq.

Whatever, I have no sympathy for anyone who does this crap. It’s not right to have some stupid ADHD comedy tour on an emergency frequency every day. Not funny. Not cool. Especially when people are actually trying to use the freq. for real life stuff.

GogglesPisano
01-26-2019, 11:52 AM
You donít hear it anywhere else but the US ó especially the NE. In 11 years at a legacy and 2 years at an ACMI, Iíve never seen a colleague act in such an unprofessional manner.

But I remember seeing a lot of it at the regional I worked for.

Anecdotal, I know. But itís all I have to go on. I really wish the FAA would violate some of these clowns.

OOfff
01-26-2019, 11:53 AM
Itís RJ pilots, you donít hear it out west or during the middle of the night. Thatís my theory.

Yeah, no RJs ever fly west of the Rockies...oh wait

Dolphinflyer
01-26-2019, 11:56 AM
Wish the FAA/FCC would hire some smart Intern at the NSA who could probably have a recording of their Guard antics and a notice of investigation emailed/texted to these clowns when they start checking their messages over the FAF.

Not all RJ operators. Sometimes it's quiet and then lets loose during the cruise alt/inbound/outbound of certain carriers. In/out CLT/MIA/DFW, mostly dead or faint antics while at cruise. Anyone in the chain would come through strong. I also fly with a lot of flow through guys and none have ever attempted to join in the games.

Turbosina
01-26-2019, 12:24 PM

Oh give me a break. You know how many RJs operate out of DEN and points west? I've been an RJ guy for nearly 5 years and never once have I flown with anyone who fooled around on guard.

You're right in that it's much quieter out West. Once I get east of about STL it's incredible how much nonsense there is. But please, leave your condescension towards RJ guys out of this.

fasteddie800
01-26-2019, 12:26 PM
your on guard!!!!!!!!

The jokes just write themselves here....

echelon
01-26-2019, 12:40 PM

Seriously.

Itís damaging to the image of the entire profession. We try to market ourselves as people who work long and hard to get into this career, and we want important groups (investors, politicians, passengers, the media) to see us as professionals who deserve fair treatment and decent compensation.....

I donít expect that anyone stupid enough to meow all over an emergency frequency will one day wake up normal.... BUT there are at least two people in every 121 cockpit. Whomever sits next to these idiots needs to say something.

If you are worried about saying something directly to these people, at least talk to pro standards.

Some idiots may not care enough about their own careers to stop acting like 8 year old retards on a frequency which is publicly available, but the rest of us need to act.

Donít tolerate these clowns on your aircraft. Regardless of which seat you are in, say something. I have never flown with anyone childish enough to play games on guard, but if I ever do, it will absolutely stop.

Police this ourselves. We donít need a CNN story about this Beavis & Butthead nonsense. If this is found to be coming from 121 aircraft, we all look like idiots.

(And yes, some of this is from 121 aircraft. We really do hear that voice on approach later.)

Oh, it's you... Again. What is this, like the 4th rant about this you've posted? Didn't you spend Thanksgiving Day a few years back starting a thread about this? If they've gotten to you this much, they've already won. You aren't going to make anyone grow up by continuing to waste your life screaming into the wind on APC.

FNGFO
01-26-2019, 01:06 PM

I know this will shock you, but the 121 world doesnít have some stranglehold on professionalism. In fact, the most likely culprits are in your feeder system.

80ktsClamp
01-26-2019, 01:31 PM
The meowing and idiocy is secluded to the east coast US, and I agree, it’s gotten worse. I’ve never seen another DL pilot play around or bark at someone on guard, and it’s 12 years here for me next week.

There was a legit distress recently in Wisconsin (we were over Ohio flying into DTW- couldn’t hear the aircraft in distress) and someone was helping them program their G1000 for the nearest airport. Some tool bag near us started making smart @ss comments about G1000 guy, you’re on guard.

Whoever’s pilots are doing it, they are in the eastern US and really gets going closer to the Atlantic. That isolates it to only a couple regionals....

OOfff
01-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Maybe itís just that east coast people are awful.

ShyGuy
01-26-2019, 01:35 PM
The jokes just write themselves here....

https://i.imgflip.com/od2o7.jpg

StrykerB21
01-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Which airlines operate heavily in the north east? Those would be my first suspects.

jcountry
01-26-2019, 02:46 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/od2o7.jpg

your funny!!

PotatoChip
01-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Which airlines operate heavily in the north east? Those would be my first suspects.

SkyWest, Endeavor, Piedmont, Envoy, Republic, PSA, CommutAir...

Airhoss
01-26-2019, 02:47 PM
your on guard!!!!!!!!

Youíre.......... Just sayiní

80ktsClamp
01-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Youíre.......... Just sayiní

I see what you did their.

vessbot
01-26-2019, 05:12 PM
I've noticed the opposite, a downtick over the last, say 6 months. East coast.

UAL T38 Phlyer
01-26-2019, 05:19 PM
I used to think it was guys sitting in a plane at some small airport or FBO. Out of EWR, it is God-awful headed south for the first half-hour. Then, it would fade...implying it was out of range.

But yesterday, it followed me for three hours out of IAH, headed to Europe.

ShyGuy
01-26-2019, 05:32 PM
I see what you did their.

And I sea what you just did two!

PerfInit
01-26-2019, 06:07 PM
The best option is to ignore the behavior so it will not get the reaction that the perpetrators are looking for. They will get bored eventually (or caught) by the FCC’s enforcement bureau with their sophisticated D/F equipment.

Dolphinflyer
01-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Oh give me a break. You know how many RJs operate out of DEN and points west? I've been an RJ guy for nearly 5 years and never once have I flown with anyone who fooled around on guard.

You're right in that it's much quieter out West. Once I get east of about STL it's incredible how much nonsense there is. But please, leave your condescension towards RJ guys out of this.

I think the slam should be on "certain" RJ carriers, not because someone flies an RJ.

We were in a south central TX area recently, virtually nobody on Center besides our mainline 737 flight, the rest were RJ's. Guard was full of J.O.'s with every retread transmission (IMHO, transmissions are acceptable if they are damn funny and come from true creative talent). the Transmissions were clear, they weren't bleed over from south KS. There is also something easily identifiable with early 20 something humor. Trust me, I was a J.O. with 20 something humor once. ;)

LumberJack
01-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Just turn it off.

Do you realize all of ATC is forced to endure your garbage at full volume? They don't have the luxury of turning it down, you know, in case of emergencies.

SonicFlyer
01-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Simple solution...

FAA/FCC should just designate one freq as the chatter freq so that people have a place to shoot the breeze. Kind of like the trucker's channel #19 on CB radio. All of the garbage and nonsense will most likely be confined there and not on the emergency freq.

Sluggo_63
01-27-2019, 12:46 AM
Simple solution...

FAA/FCC should just designate one freq as the chatter freq so that people have a place to shoot the breeze. Kind of like the trucker's channel #19 on CB radio. All of the garbage and nonsense will most likely be confined there and not on the emergency freq.They already do. 122.75. FAA designated air-to-air frequency. But nobody uses it, and youíd just be meowing to yourself. And what fun is that?

Gone Flying
01-27-2019, 05:02 AM
Simple solution...

FAA/FCC should just designate one freq as the chatter freq so that people have a place to shoot the breeze. Kind of like the trucker's channel #19 on CB radio. All of the garbage and nonsense will most likely be confined there and not on the emergency freq.

isnt 123.45 for this?

TeamSasquatch
01-27-2019, 06:07 AM

135 Freight Dawgs.... they fly during the day too..... scary, isnít it.... :eek:

Excargodog
01-27-2019, 06:51 AM
135 Freight Dawgs.... they fly during the day too..... scary, isn’t it.... :eek:

Hmmnn. Don’t know about that. The company where I flew 135 I think I was the only one who even MONITORED guard, far less talked on it. And that was only because it was what I was taught to do as a USAF back seater (where we referred to Guard as “Navy Common.”)

I do recall the legendary 135 story, don’t know if it was really true or not, back from the days (or rather nights) of flying cancelled checks through the dark in old light twins though. It went something like this:

Low traffic area out in rural Utah at 3AM and the sector controller was talking to someone maybe every ten minutes or so. After one such long quiet period a voice comes up on frequency.

“I’m effin BORED.”

Apparently a supervisor was there, because this insistent guy hops on the frequency and says, “Aircraft that made the last transmission, identify yourself IMMEDIATELY.”

Voice comes back, “I said I was effin BORED, not effin STUPID.”

Anyway, whoever’s doing it, [email protected] around on Guard just isn’t right.

The Navy guys might need it at any moment.

Poser765
01-27-2019, 06:52 AM
SkyWest, Endeavor, Piedmont, Envoy, Republic, PSA, CommutAir...worked for two of those regionals. Never once experienced it from a colleague. For what itís worth.

Why does it have to be airlines? Iíd wager the overall traffic density is higher in the NE than the rest of the country. Why canít it be bored kids on their solo cross country flights? Or a doctor bored flying out to Marthaís Vinyard? It could be anyone.

PotatoChip
01-27-2019, 07:06 AM
worked for two of those regionals. Never once experienced it from a colleague. For what it’s worth.

Why does it have to be airlines? I’d wager the overall traffic density is higher in the NE than the rest of the country. Why can’t it be bored kids on their solo cross country flights? Or a doctor bored flying out to Martha’s Vinyard? It could be anyone.

I've worked at two of them as well :eek:
And while I have seen it, it's the vast minority and rare. Usually something as simple as "Really, dude?" is enough to quell it.

JetDoc
01-27-2019, 07:24 AM
Haters..........

PerfInit
01-27-2019, 08:22 AM
Hereís the official Notice from the FCC:

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db0808/DA-17-747A1.pdf

pokey9554
01-27-2019, 08:38 AM

Anyone with a transceiver.

Mjm8710
01-27-2019, 11:16 AM
Few weeks ago I heard someone making farting noises...the more people told him to stop the more he did it. Hard to believe someone next to him would let him do that over the comms..while I found it inappropriate, Iím not going to say I didnít laugh.

Someday the media is going to get ahold of a distress call and put it on the news, while at the same time people are heard saying ďguardĒ, cat meows, and making pooping sounds. Not going to look good for our profession.

sargeanb
01-27-2019, 02:28 PM
The meowing and idiocy is secluded to the east coast US, and I agree, itís gotten worse. Iíve never seen another DL pilot play around or bark at someone on guard, and itís 12 years here for me next week.

There was a legit distress recently in Wisconsin (we were over Ohio flying into DTW- couldnít hear the aircraft in distress) and someone was helping them program their G1000 for the nearest airport. Some tool bag near us started making smart @ss comments about G1000 guy, youíre on guard.

Whoeverís pilots are doing it, they are in the eastern US and really gets going closer to the Atlantic. That isolates it to only a couple regionals....

Haha...we were over Wisconsin about the same time that night. I've been out of the GA game for awhile, but my FO started giving him instructions on the G1000 to get to the nearest airport. We're RJ types, for what it's worth. Small world. I think it's just a few bad apples that mess around on guard. I've been at a regional for 12 years and have never seen it, and if I did I'd put a stop to it.

goinaround
01-27-2019, 02:41 PM
Flying over the midwest years ago. Some dude in a cessna had an engine failure and transmitted a mayday with his location, intentions to aim for a dark spot, and asked for a relay to get help on the way. A few pilots responded and offered tips such as mixture rich, restart, etc....

And of course in jumps the guy...

Hey! You're on the emergency frequency!!!!!!

at6d
01-27-2019, 04:03 PM
I donít get the meow thing. I guess Iím getting old!

pilotrob23
01-27-2019, 04:10 PM
I donít get the meow thing. I guess Iím getting old!

SuperTroopers I presume.

at6d
01-27-2019, 04:24 PM
SuperTroopers I presume.

Ah. Of course.

I like the soap in the coffee trick myself. Going to do that this next trip I think.

Turbosina
01-27-2019, 08:11 PM
Flying over the midwest years ago. Some dude in a cessna had an engine failure and transmitted a mayday with his location, intentions to aim for a dark spot, and asked for a relay to get help on the way. A few pilots responded and offered tips such as mixture rich, restart, etc....

And of course in jumps the guy...

Hey! You're on the emergency frequency!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me a while back, a Bonanza guy had a very rough-running engine north of Lake Shasta, CA (not the most hospitable place to be in a single). We were overhead, I heard his panicked call on Guard and pointed him to the nearest field. Almost instantly some genius jumps on...'YER ON GUARD!!' 😒

80ktsClamp
01-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Haha...we were over Wisconsin about the same time that night. I've been out of the GA game for awhile, but my FO started giving him instructions on the G1000 to get to the nearest airport. We're RJ types, for what it's worth. Small world. I think it's just a few bad apples that mess around on guard. I've been at a regional for 12 years and have never seen it, and if I did I'd put a stop to it.

Cheers! That was very well handled by yall! Too bad some dingleberry had to get their comments in... Kudos for your professionalism.

YerOnGuard
01-27-2019, 08:29 PM
Iíve been waiting a long time to put my username to good use.

In all seriousness though, the b.s. needs to come to an end. Hopefully organizations can solve the problem internally. It is of zero use and could be blocking an actual emergency. We are professionals and need to conduct ourselves as such.

captjns
01-27-2019, 10:50 PM
I’ve been waiting a long time to put my username to good use.

In all seriousness though, the b.s. needs to come to an end. Hopefully organizations can solve the problem internally. It is of zero use and could be blocking an actual emergency. We are professionals and need to conduct ourselves as such.

Carriers from overseas include discussions, during training of the importance of ANNEX X of PANS OPs. Chapter 5 is reviewed to drive the point home of the importance of monitoring 121.50 and transmitting PIREPs, position reports, and contacting other aircraft as requested by ATS as appropriate.

LATIN
01-28-2019, 12:10 AM
I fly between Hawaii and the west coast twice a week usually , I never hear it , and if someoneís is transmitting itís ususlly by accident !

I flew cargo international before my current gig and never heard it internationally either!

Im almost certain is regional pilots east of the Mississippi , itís the only place from my experience where people **** around in guard!

Reason why I say regional is because delta United American FEDEX and UPS all fly internationally and over to the islands and never hear a peep.

Most regionals are based east of the Misisipi and thatís where all of the chatter is. Bunch of guys acting like kids.

LumberJack
01-28-2019, 12:36 AM
I flew with a guy just last year who joined in on the "yer on gerd" crowd. It's definately not just regional guys, but mad dog captains are weird...

iHateAMR
01-28-2019, 04:47 AM
Reason why I say regional is because delta United American FEDEX and UPS all fly internationally and over to the islands and never hear a peep.

Food for thought, other than FDX and UPS, the ďyoungĒ new hires that could be making these calls are not senior enough to fly international.

BeechedJet
01-28-2019, 05:30 AM
At my former regional, only once did I ever fly with someone screwing around on guard. That person was a 30 year+ captain well into his 60ís.

YerOnGuard
01-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Carriers from overseas include discussions, during training of the importance of ANNEX X of PANS OPs. Chapter 5 is reviewed to drive the point home of the importance of monitoring 121.50 and transmitting PIREPs, position reports, and contacting other aircraft as requested by ATS as appropriate.

Not arguing that one bit. Correct me if Iím wrong, but I believe the discussion was to have pilots correct each other when they find someone making unnecessary (and frustrating) comments on guard. Making operationally advantageous or emergency declarations on that frequency is what it shall be used for. If a pilot you are flying with is using guard in a manner unbecoming of a professional, you (as an aviation professional) should be able to call it to their attention and suggest a corrective action.

knewyork
01-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Can we separate RJ guys from young people? There are plenty of older regional guys who are getting passed up at mainline because theyíve apparently been doing the same exact job for too long. That said, it is most likely young people. No matter the operation. 121, 135, CFIs, whoever. You can likely blame atc memes and whatever other page there is for this rise in foolishness. Just go look at the stuff they post. Itís the same garbage jokes over and over including references to clowning around on guard.

ChrisPilot1
01-28-2019, 12:58 PM
I fly for a regional east of the river and never once have flown with a captain or observed an FO transmit innapropriately on guard.

Iíve jumpseated many times on all the majors and observed Captains and FOs, use their cellphones while taxiing , playing games up at altitude etc.

Donít get me wrong, we do the same, but if your going to complain about professionalism overall , thereís much other serious issues to deal with before talking about 121.5.

Sincerely
-From all the scummy regional pilots to the Delta daddies of the world.

echelon
01-28-2019, 01:23 PM
I fly for a regional east of the river and never once have flown with a captain or observed an FO transmit innapropriately on guard.

Iíve jumpseated many times on all the majors and observed Captains and FOs, use their cellphones while taxiing , playing games up at altitude etc.

Donít get me wrong, we do the same, but if your going to complain about professionalism overall , thereís much other serious issues to deal with before talking about 121.5.

Sincerely
-From all the scummy regional pilots to the Delta daddies of the world.

Eh, playing games on my PED in cruise doesn't bother anyone and it definitely doesn't interfere with someone else's emergency. I'd say 121.5 is the more serious issue.

EMBFlyer
01-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Haven't been to the east coast in a while. Sure enough, we get within 80 miles of BKW and it starts. All the way into LGA and all the way back down the east coast.

Fr8Thrust
01-28-2019, 02:33 PM
WGRD 121.5 FM Talk Radio Daily Line-Up

Featuring:
-weekend warriors reporting CTAF transmissions
-prof. pilots reporting in-range or asking for maintenance
-the rare but occasionally funny transmission
-guard police
-cat force
-people who need an avenue to vent

And finally:
-an aircraft in distress who is not talking to an ATC facility for whatever reason

The channel is a complete mess, however we can each do a small part to curtail the garbage transmissions, as previously mentioned.

The pilots of today who play on guard are acting out because the industry treats them like children. We have become so selfish, that weíve forgotten about the people department. This is what happens when you outsource and forget. As long as we continue to isolate and point fingers at each other, this circus will continue.

PerfInit
01-28-2019, 02:42 PM
Eh, playing games on my PED in cruise doesn't bother anyone and it definitely doesn't interfere with someone else's emergency. I'd say 121.5 is the more serious issue.

Check out 14 CFR 121.542(d) and see if you still feel this way....

echelon
01-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Check out 14 CFR 121.542(d) and see if you still feel this way....

Yup, I still feel that way, but thanks for checking, Dad. I assume that means you just stare out the window for 6 hours on your transcons?

Packrat
01-28-2019, 03:47 PM
If a pilot you are flying with is using guard in a manner unbecoming of a professional, you (as an aviation professional) should be able to call it to their attention and suggest a corrective action.

Personally I'd add in a call to professional standards.

Airhoss
01-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Yup, I still feel that way, but thanks for checking, Dad. I assume that means you just stare out the window for 6 hours on your transcons?

Just wow....

flensr
01-28-2019, 10:37 PM
I flew with a guy just last year who joined in on the "yer on gerd" crowd. It's definately not just regional guys, but mad dog captains are weird...

And you called pro standards after the trip right?

ICUROOK
01-29-2019, 12:14 PM

Seriously.

Lighten up Francis. You are speaking to the wrong group any way. 99% of the time it is a bored student pilot on a long cross country. Some of you guys have been in the Part 121 world so long you forgot there are a lot more pilots out there.

CAirBear
01-29-2019, 07:19 PM
I can say with upmost certainty it is, mainly, RJs and a particular AA WO carrier that predominately operates out of CLT. Spent a number of years in and out of CLT with my carrier and it was bad... Hanging out in their crew room spoke volumes to the type of people hired and working their.

Flame away.

CanWeGetTheLeft
01-29-2019, 08:20 PM
I can say with upmost certainty it is, mainly, RJs and a particular AA WO carrier that predominately operates out of CLT. Spent a number of years in and out of CLT with my carrier and it was bad... Hanging out in their crew room spoke volumes to the type of people hired and working their.

Flame away.

*there

C-YUH!

Jecain7
01-30-2019, 06:15 PM

Flame away.

Never seen it a single time in almost 2 years. I have heard delta giving the pax announcement on ground freq or guard at DCA several times. Blame the regional guys though.

snowdawg
01-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Lighten up Francis. You are speaking to the wrong group any way. 99% of the time it is a bored student pilot on a long cross country. Some of you guys have been in the Part 121 world so long you forgot there are a lot more pilots out there.

Nope. easy to tell by back ground noise or lack there of.

snowdawg
01-30-2019, 08:18 PM
Never seen it a single time in almost 2 years. I have heard delta giving the pax announcement on ground freq or guard at DCA several times. Blame the regional guys though.

AA just did that last week. Oh well, go figure, someone made a mistake. Hear mishaps all the time by all carriers. Pretty stupid to think only one makes them.

mainlineAF
01-30-2019, 08:33 PM
Food for thought, other than FDX and UPS, the ďyoungĒ new hires that could be making these calls are not senior enough to fly international.

Wrong.

Filler

WHACKMASTER
01-30-2019, 10:56 PM
Itís the regional guys east of the Mississippi. Pretty obvious for numerous reasons.

Signed....

A former RJ pilot

WHACKMASTER
01-30-2019, 10:57 PM
Wait.....did four legs yesterday, five today, and four tomorrow.

Signed,

An RJ pilot.

jcountry
01-31-2019, 01:12 AM
Nope. easy to tell by back ground noise or lack there of.

Good point.

I sure never hear prop noise. Definitely not some GA people often

rickair7777
01-31-2019, 06:01 AM
Yeah it's east-coast commuter pilots, that was well known by all the other commuter pilots.

DWC CAP10 USAF
01-31-2019, 11:27 AM

Big difference between accidently making a PA on Guard, and intentionally saying ďmeowĒ and ďthis is the guard policeĒ.

WhaleSurfing
01-31-2019, 12:12 PM
Wait.....did four legs yesterday, five today, and four tomorrow.

Signed,

An RJ pilot.

You just canít help yourself can you. Get a life.

captjns
01-31-2019, 12:13 PM

Sort of like blaming the dog for farting in the middle of the room.

WHACKMASTER
01-31-2019, 03:38 PM
You just canít help yourself can you. Get a life.

Bahahahaha.......a little sensitive & defensive arenít we?

Qotsaautopilot
01-31-2019, 09:10 PM
I would bet it’s embry riddle students doing cross countries. Any time I flew with a riddle grad there was always something a bit off about them. Tendencies toward toolish behavior. The older ones grow out of it usually but a kid at riddle or just out needs a lot of years of seasoning to unlearn that stuff

NEDude
02-01-2019, 12:07 AM
You donít hear it anywhere else but the US ó especially the NE. In 11 years at a legacy and 2 years at an ACMI, Iíve never seen a colleague act in such an unprofessional manner.

But I remember seeing a lot of it at the regional I worked for.

Anecdotal, I know. But itís all I have to go on. I really wish the FAA would violate some of these clowns.

I have occasionally heard it in Europe.

Jaww
02-01-2019, 02:40 AM
I have occasionally heard it in Europe.

En Garde?

:D

symbian simian
02-01-2019, 10:27 PM
en garde?

:d

:) ...

ipdanno
02-03-2019, 08:32 AM
En Garde?

:D

Toucheí! 🤺

trescommas
02-16-2019, 05:42 AM
Experienced this phenomenon for myself yesterday, westbound over southern Ohio. Worst I've ever heard, probably went on for 15 minutes or so. It honestly sounded like troll vs troll - with the usual music and animal noises and BS vs guys pretending to be the senior voice of reason just to keep the chaos going. Can't imagine what controllers must think hearing all this.

LumberJack
02-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Experienced this phenomenon for myself yesterday, westbound over southern Ohio. Worst I've ever heard, probably went on for 15 minutes or so. It honestly sounded like troll vs troll - with the usual music and animal noises and BS vs guys pretending to be the senior voice of reason just to keep the chaos going. Can't imagine what controllers must think hearing all this.

That we're a bunch of annoying idiots.

Keizer Soze
02-16-2019, 03:24 PM

What this guy just said!

badflaps
02-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Back in the day we had so many failures/emergencies that there was no time for the R/T.:eek:

m3113n1a1
02-16-2019, 04:56 PM

They already knew that!

tomgoodman
02-16-2019, 04:59 PM
Back in the day we had so many failures/emergencies that there was no time for the R/T.:eek:

We only called in to report the absence of an emergency, and ask how to deal with this abnormal normality. :p

Sluggo_63
02-17-2019, 01:55 AM
I have occasionally heard it in Europe.It went on for 10 minutes yesterday coming into Paris. Bad, but nothing like the US East Coast. Mostly American accents, but a few foreigners jumped in the fray.

This was a rare day flight for us, so I can safely rule out FedEx and UPS (and ERAU students on cross-countries). You never hear that at night. Weíre too busy trying to stay awake.

captjns
02-17-2019, 06:25 AM
It went on for 10 minutes yesterday coming into Paris. Bad, but nothing like the US East Coast. Mostly American accents, but a few foreigners jumped in the fray.

This was a rare day flight for us, so I can safely rule out FedEx and UPS (and ERAU students on cross-countries). You never hear that at night. We’re too busy trying to stay awake.

Must be an ERAU alumnus. Rah, rah.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1