Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Base

starkutt1
01-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Hey guys been looking for some information on the difference between actual bases and out stations ? I’m looking at Pittsburgh what kind of line can one expect being based in Pittsburgh ?

knewyork
01-28-2019, 07:19 PM
Hey guys been looking for some information on the difference between actual bases and out stations ? Iím looking at Pittsburgh what kind of line can one expect being based in Pittsburgh ?

A base is a pilot base. Itís where trips start and end. An outstation is a different matter. This term means itís not a hub for a major airline. For example, CMH is not a major hub for any airline. ORD is a hub for several airlines. CMH is an outstation, yet it is a republic base. They are two different concepts. Also Iím sorry but there is no space needed before punctuation. Itís not proper English anywhere.

TurboWill
01-28-2019, 07:35 PM
LGA for me.

TheWeatherman
01-29-2019, 03:05 AM
The lines are more dependent on what code-share you are flying for then what base you are at.

Nemo786
01-29-2019, 06:40 PM
A base is a pilot base. Itís where trips start and end. An outstation is a different matter. This term means itís not a hub for a major airline. For example, CMH is not a major hub for any airline. ORD is a hub for several airlines. CMH is an outstation, yet it is a republic base. They are two different concepts. Also Iím sorry but there is no space needed before punctuation. Itís not proper English anywhere.

I'm sorry, but why do you have to answer like such a jerk and go all grammar nazi? Goes to show how intellectually small minded you are. Chill out, have a Kit-Kat or something.

starkutt1
01-30-2019, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry, but why do you have to answer like such a jerk and go all grammar nazi? Goes to show how intellectually small minded you are. Chill out, have a Kit-Kat or something.

I have to agree this guys needs to lighten up a bit

starkutt1
01-30-2019, 02:45 AM
The lines are more dependent on what code-share you are flying for then what base you are at.

Out of PIT does republic fly for all 3 ?

TheWeatherman
01-30-2019, 07:22 AM
So you will go everywhere in Republic's system. Trips will start early and end late with almost no commutable trips on both ends.

Viking6
01-30-2019, 08:03 AM

Yes we fly for all three out of PIT. The PIT base is huge, but it is also an outstation base. I wouldnít plan on much commutability, if youíre based in PIT.

starkutt1
01-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Yes we fly for all three out of PIT. The PIT base is huge, but it is also an outstation base. I wouldnít plan on much commutability, if youíre based in PIT.

I currently live in Pittsburgh so hopefully I get it in training

4V14T0R
01-30-2019, 11:52 AM
I currently live in Pittsburgh so hopefully I get it in training

If not in training, shortly after. The only vacancies for June are for PIT. Obviously it changes and is dependent on company needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knewyork
01-30-2019, 02:28 PM
Lol I wasnít even rude about it. If you guys canít take constructive criticism then you may find life to be difficult.

starkutt1
01-30-2019, 03:09 PM
If not in training, shortly after. The only vacancies for June are for PIT. Obviously it changes and is dependent on company needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy

TheWeatherman
01-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Lol I wasnít even rude about it. If you guys canít take constructive criticism then you may find life to be difficult.
Yeah, you have to be careful with some of these new hires. I got accosted in the bidding tips and tricks thread by a statement I thought was pretty straight forward. These guys are on edge with the long wait times for classes and an uncertain future of long reserve times. Not enough safe rooms to go around.

Viking6
01-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Yeah, you have to be careful with some of these new hires. I got accosted in the bidding tips and tricks thread by a statement I thought was pretty straight forward. These guys are on edge with the long wait times for classes and an uncertain future of long reserve times. Not enough safe rooms to go around.

Yeah I donít get why some are so sensitive on here. Your post and this post are really just straight forward answers. May need to give sensitivity training to the instructors! I get theyíre having a long wait for class, but this just isnít a big deal.

dodsqubam
01-31-2019, 05:46 AM

I thought you were being helpful. Proper punctuation is important. Little things like a space before a question mark could cost you a job offer.

IDrive175
02-01-2019, 06:13 PM

One of these days youíll realize you shoulder some blame with this stuff. Anyone can just look through all your posts and itís plain to see you offend everyone equally, has nothing to do with new hires. Plus, werenít you just hired last year? You act like youíre a 20-year captain lol! Find something better to do than criticize people, and you wonít get ďaccostedĒ so much.

TheWeatherman
02-01-2019, 08:44 PM
One of these days youíll realize you shoulder some blame with this stuff. Anyone can just look through all your posts and itís plain to see you offend everyone equally, has nothing to do with new hires. Plus, werenít you just hired last year? You act like youíre a 20-year captain lol! Find something better to do than criticize people, and you wonít get ďaccostedĒ so much.
Cool story. I am glad I got under your skin so much you created a new ID just to post this. btw, my DOH was not last year. Now go back into your safe room.

chronomaster31
02-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Cool story. I am glad I got under your skin so much you created a new ID just to post this. btw, my DOH was not last year. Now go back into your safe room.Time is ticking buddy you only have 20 or so years until retirement!

Viking6
02-02-2019, 12:25 PM

I have no idea what is background his, and honestly it doesnít matter. No one wants to spend 4-5 days with an oversensitive kids.

BTW we hired many FOs that came from other regionals and part135, and some were well over 20 years. Iíve flown with guys who started 121 flying in 1992.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1