Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Seniority list

dera
02-04-2019, 02:02 PM
How often does the union usually update their seniority list? Last one I see is from December?

pitchattitude
02-04-2019, 02:40 PM
How often does the union usually update their seniority list? Last one I see is from December?

Hit or miss. Like everything itís done by a volunteer and my understanding is the guy that created the spreadsheet flowed a while back. Not sure if he still does it or someone else.

Cyio
02-05-2019, 05:29 AM
Hit or miss. Like everything it’s done by a volunteer and my understanding is the guy that created the spreadsheet flowed a while back. Not sure if he still does it or someone else.

The last one was indeed completed in December, as to the next one, anyones guess.

Jersdawg
02-05-2019, 09:45 AM
The last one was indeed completed in December, as to the next one, anyones guess.

Before that I believe was september. So it seems to be once a quarter or so. The guy volunteers to do it as as an AA pilot so to me itís a bonus to have it at all.

pitchattitude
02-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Before that I believe was september. So it seems to be once a quarter or so. The guy volunteers to do it as as an AA pilot so to me itís a bonus to have it at all.
There was also one in November and two updates in September. Unfortunately the union doesnít keep the old ones available as best as I can tell, so unless you save them and look on a regular basis for updates you wouldnít know.

wildcat1
02-06-2019, 01:17 PM

Best answer: As needed.

havick206
02-06-2019, 01:19 PM
The guy who does the union list has moved on to AA but doesnít want to relinquish it.

iceman21
03-17-2019, 06:39 PM
Is this the one posted on ALPAs website?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigZ
03-17-2019, 07:01 PM
Is this the one posted on ALPAs website?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes.
Other than that one, the company updates the official seniority list twice a year (January and July) and it becomes an attachment to the current contract revision.

MD-11Loader
03-17-2019, 08:44 PM
Numbers were updated on the flowplan last week. A vacancy bid is upon us.

BigZ
03-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Numbers were updated on the flowplan last week. A vacancy bid is upon us.
Yup.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out in terms of the forced upgrades. There were a few qualified FOs left untouched on the last one.

highfarfast
03-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Yup.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out in terms of the forced upgrades. There were a few qualified FOs left untouched on the last one.

I keep seeing people post this with only vague references to how many (like "a few"). Does anyone know exactly how many were left untouched? Knowing how many might help people set their bids for the next run.

BigZ
03-17-2019, 09:51 PM
I keep seeing people post this with only vague references to how many (like "a few"). Does anyone know exactly how many were left untouched? Knowing how many might help people set their bids for the next run.
Union might have a better idea on the specific number.
"A few" is what I heard. Might have even been "quite a few". However many that is.
I'd say don't necessarily count on being displaced without proffering for it if you are in the top 5-7% of your list, however-

1. That's based on a very quick glance at my equipment/base, sorta adjusted back and forth for a couple of factors, but is, at heart, just a guess
2. As it was recently pointed out, my numbers suck and I've got no clue about nothing
So there ya go :cool:

Naviator
03-17-2019, 10:48 PM

Around 10

RomeoBravo
03-18-2019, 06:04 AM

Cyio. The last one published on the unions page is dated 09MAR19.

I double checked the ENY MEC e-LIBRARY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RomeoBravo
03-18-2019, 06:08 AM
I see. At the time of OP post it is correct, that last seniority list was Dec 2018.
Weíve since had a 13Feb update and now a 09Mar update.

Cyio
03-18-2019, 06:28 AM
Cyio. The last one published on the unions page is dated 09MAR19.

I double checked the ENY MEC e-LIBRARY

Well ok. However when I posted that like six weeks ago it wasnít.

RomeoBravo
03-20-2019, 07:52 PM
Well ok. However when I posted that like six weeks ago it wasnít.

Yup. I realized I quoted you from an older post. I did acknowledge that in a later post. Wasnít a jab at you in anyway.